2020 Mediterranean Family Cruise

wolfedesign

Hi.

My family and I are looking to go for a cruise in the Mediterranean in May or June 2020 for my wife's 40th Birthday.

At the time we will probably be travelling as 3 adults (us 2 plus 1 grandparent) and 3 kids (4, 3, and 1), so were hoping to get us all in 1 cabin or connecting cabins. There will also be other friends/grandparents/family in their own cabins.

I'd love to know if anyone has any recommendations of cruise lines and ships for this range of passengers.

Basing my research for 2020 on 2019 dates and sailings, we're currently looking at Oasis of the Seas, MSC Seaview, Meraviglia or Bellisima or Norwegian Epic. 

What are peoples thoughts on these ships for our group of travellers?

Thanks

Ordinarily I would suggest you choose by itinerary, but in this case you are going to have to dig deep to find a ship with a cabin for six.  That should be your first priority.  I would look at Seaview first, as they have some cabins that can connect as many as three together for families, and one cabin will have a tub.  I would go to the board here for each of the cruise lines you are considering and ask for experience in the larger cabins.  Getting a suite might get you more space, but still only one bathroom for six people?  EM

Will all the kids be 3 at time of sailing?  Are kids clubs for them a necessity?

med is great, but have you also looked at the baltics?   Many of those cities are close to port, so you can easily diy for tours and split up if grandparents would like to go somewhere on their own. (except St. Petersburg and Berlin if you choose to go that far).  My 3 year old loved the baltics

• 2 weeks later...

You will need either a suite with multiple bedrooms, or 2 cabins.  Most "family" cabins only sleep 5..and there must be beds for all "souls" whether you plan on using all the beds or not.

If you want use the kid's clubs or nursery, make sure the cruise line/ship offers nursery services.  Not all ships can take kids under 3...some take 2 year olds, but not all.

P&O which you haven't mentioned - have balcony cabins which can interconnect on request - i have used this on ventura on e deck rear cabins...3 cabins next to each other which worked well. They have a night nursery for under 2 and kids club and night nursery for 2-17 year olds..