Oasis refurb?

5 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Sorry, I know I’ve seen this discussed, but I can’t get the search to work right from my phone...

When is it that Oasis is getting refurbed?  Any thoughts on what they are adding?

Thx!

Last I saw, dry dock was scheduled for Sep 22, 2019 to Nov 24, 2019.  Non-revenue transatlantic to Miami.

Bob is correct about the date.  Nothing official about what us being done but I would expect them to make her similar to Harmony and Symphony.

slides

Jamies to replace Giovannis

new restaurant upper deck solarium

playmakers added to replace Sabor

wonderland

escape room

lazer tag 

new broadway show

we are booked on her for Christmas 2019 specifically because she will be fresh from drydock.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob is correct about the date.  Nothing official about what us being done but I would expect them to make her similar to Harmony and Symphony.

slides

wonderland

escape room

lazer tag 

new broadway show

we are booked on her for Christmas 2019 specifically because she will be fresh from drydock.

Disappointed that they are replacing Giovanni's.:classic_wacko:

On 11/24/2018 at 8:53 AM, Host Clarea said:

Last I saw, dry dock was scheduled for Sep 22, 2019 to Nov 24, 2019.  Non-revenue transatlantic to Miami.

I don't usually follow these things (dry dock schedules) but isn't 2 months rather long? I feel like 2-4 weeks is more typical.

And with a Non-Revenue T/A, there must be some pretty extensive changes planned.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:34 PM, nelblu said:

Disappointed that they are replacing Giovanni's.:classic_wacko:

Same here. I recently had one of my best ever cruise meals at Giovanni's (albeit it was on the Liberty).

I tried Jamie's on Anthem and was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad but nothing special either.  But I know restaurants can vary between ship so I'll give it another try.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I don't usually follow these things (dry dock schedules) but isn't 2 months rather long? I feel like 2-4 weeks is more typical.

And with a Non-Revenue T/A, there must be some pretty extensive changes planned.

I've seen 6 week dry docks lately, and adding the transatlantic would add at least a week to 10 days.

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've seen 6 week dry docks lately, and adding the transatlantic would add at least a week to 10 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they usually are working on the enhancements during the non-revenue trips?  I guess it's takes awhile to get the ships "amped-up".

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they usually are working on the enhancements during the non-revenue trips?  I guess it's takes awhile to get the ships "amped-up".

Sometimes they continue work during the transatlantic.  They may also want that time "just in case".

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 8:58 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

slides

wonderland

escape room

lazer tag 

new broadway show

I'm going to miss the Solarium bistro for dinner....not going to miss Cats tho...

Fun Fact: I was on the Oasis this past April and they must've had to replace one of those ship-shaped deck map thingies in the Royal Promenade. But the replacement was already updated (probably from the Harmony) and it showed Wonderland in place of Dazzle's.

Of  course, the electronic Wayfinder as well as the printed deck plans were still correct but I wonder how much confusion was caused by that updated-ahead-of-it's-time deck map? I know I did a double-take and it got my hopes up for a split-second.

Wasn't Oasis originally getting Wonderland during its last dry dock but it was scrapped at the last minute?  Maybe the sign is a remnant of that.

I'm eager to hear the details of the Oasis refurb.  We are planning a whole family new year's cruise next year and wanted to do Symphony, but the prices are double that of Oasis and Allure.  Even though Allure is the better itinerary, we are leaning towards Oasis because of the refurbishment.  With a 2 month gap in the schedule, it ought to be significant.

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm going to miss the Solarium bistro for dinner....not going to miss Cats tho...

Fun Fact: I was on the Oasis this past April and they must've had to replace one of those ship-shaped deck map thingies in the Royal Promenade. But the replacement was already updated (probably from the Harmony) and it showed Wonderland in place of Dazzle's.

Of  course, the electronic Wayfinder as well as the printed deck plans were still correct but I wonder how much confusion was caused by that updated-ahead-of-it's-time deck map? I know I did a double-take and it got my hopes up for a split-second.

Nothing to indicate the solarium Bistro is being replaced. It is still there on Harmony and Symphony. On Symphony they added Hooked to the upper level of the solarium. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Wasn't Oasis originally getting Wonderland during its last dry dock but it was scrapped at the last minute?  Maybe the sign is a remnant of that.

Ah, that makes much more sense.

• 1 month later...

It would be nice for Royal to outline what is going to be added.  We are in the process of planning a New Years Cruise and are really interested in going on the Oasis...but we are going with another family with younger children and things like waterslides are a big deal for them.  I can't decide if we should pull the trigger in the "hopes" that waterslides are part of the plan, or play it safe and go with a ship that already has them.

Any updated info on what might be added?

12 minutes ago, buzzard05 said:

It would be nice for Royal to outline what is going to be added.  We are in the process of planning a New Years Cruise and are really interested in going on the Oasis...but we are going with another family with younger children and things like waterslides are a big deal for them.  I can't decide if we should pull the trigger in the "hopes" that waterslides are part of the plan, or play it safe and go with a ship that already has them.

Any updated info on what might be added?

Nothing specific beyond the generalities in the amped program:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/18061322_RoyalAmplified_Trade_Flyer.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any new scuttlebutt on the topic of Oasis' "Royal Amplification" scheduled for this Fall?  I'm excited about most of the potential new venues listed in the above posts, except I'm a little concerned about the slide.  We booked our first ever Boardwalk Balcony stateroom for December, but if there's a slide going in then I'm thinking maybe a boardwalk balcony cabin isn't such a great idea. I've been looking at a lot of Harmony pictures posted on the CC boards and it appears there isn't any clear view of the aquatheater or the ocean with the slide. It would be nice if RCCL would announce what they plan to do a lot earlier than they typically do.