Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Does the beam include the Magic carpet hanging over the side?

I honestly do not know.  I got the information from the Vacations to Go website ship information listing. I think they probably got it from X, because it is the same on X's site.  You would have to ask them.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Since no one else has answered this,  here's the scoop:

Infinity       -   Length  965',   Beam 105',  Passenger Capacity 2170

Edge          -   Length 1004',  Beam 128',  Passenger Capacity 2908

Reflection -   Length 1047',  Beam 121',  Passenger Capacity 3046

As you can see, Infinity is the smallest of the three, but Edge is shorter but wider than Reflection and who is to say whether that 7' beam difference is really visible.  And Reflection has the highest Passenger Capacity to go with her length.  It is so difficult to judge their size ranking.  X has said in the past that Edge was not as large as the S Class ships, so I guess they don't take that 7' into account, either.  

Bon Voyage, whichever you are sailing! :classic_smile:  But, VT, BON VOYAGE TO YOU on our EDGE! 

Ship 'size' isn't based on length or width, but on 'tonnage' [which is actually a measure of the volume of all of a ship's enclosed spaces].  Here are the tonnage specs for these ships:

Infinity          90,940

Edge           129,500

Reflection  125,366

What's good is that Edge is larger than Reflection but has fewer passengers.  Thus the space per passenger is 44.4 for Edge vs. 41.2 for Reflection.  Edge has the best ratio of any Celebrity ship, and Reflection the worst [except the Galapagos ships]

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I did see one next to us. It was a lot smaller so maybe nice in that respect. It was so much like Venice out there tonight, that when I saw the gondola tour boat, I had to laugh. Hopefully someone who has done the tour can give us more info.

I watch both go down the river every day....here is a picture of the CarrieB....GREAT group that runs it. The gondola is exactly like one you would see in Venice except motor driver....very small and intimate...depends what you are looking for.

IMG_5260.jpg

Edited by bajathree
  • Thanks 1

Hi Vt...hope you are on board or  at the port...beautiful day in Florida

B O N   V O Y A G E

"This is the day that I have been waiting for and somehow I slept like a baby (the bed was great!). We had a lovely evening on the balcony with our wine. It was a fun way to start the cruise. My DH doesn't like the looks of the MC and I told him to get over it 😉 - that many of us didn't like the look either, but it is part of the package. He'll be loving it soon. I went over all of the cruises and what I had booked - he lets me do the planning and jokes that I just need to tell him the date and time to show up with a suitcase. 🙂  We were able to enjoy a lovely night in FLL."

We are married to similar guys but my dh is getting curious about the ship....we sail in late January!

Edited by hcat

OMG! I have so many pictures to post but had to get this one out!!! My new BFF!!!! I hugged her and took a selfie too. Off to Eden and RTF and lunch. Got a tour of all upper suites by an old butler of ours. I’ve got a ton of pix of those too. 

98678450-8695-40D7-918D-078274E04BEC.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

This is the day that I have been waiting for and somehow I slept like a baby (the bed was great!). We had a lovely evening on the balcony with our wine. It was a fun way to start the cruise. My DH doesn't like the looks of the MC and I told him to get over it 😉 - that many of us didn't like the look either, but it is part of the package. He'll be loving it soon. I went over all of the cruises and what I had booked - he lets me do the planning and jokes that I just need to tell him the date and time to show up with a suitcase. 🙂  We were able to enjoy a lovely night in FLL.

image.thumb.png.330d8e572a090fecca1ec914ba897ef4.png

This morning we jumped out of bed at 5:45 to see the ships coming in - what a parade! The Edge is back at T25 and looking lovely in the morning.

image.png.e68118087387727e04f438a6879fcf96.png

Here's a few other ships:

Regal Princess on right and Harmony of the Seas pulling into place on left (my DH had the binocs so hopefully he was correct):

image.thumb.png.d998689da56059e6d2fbd742851dddf3.png

Harmony coming in:

image.png.9fb4bebf1ae78cf8680cbc21c15258b5.png

Caribbean Princess:

image.png.4a4f3a2171f658ba115466713b81c7b4.png

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (across the back):

image.png.f7db5de49c5cfe7ced3af691d736fdb4.png

The bridge at sunrise:

image.thumb.png.b18359d75853611388233723be839e66.png

We love it here! We will be back on Thursday for an Edge break, if they force us off. 🙂

Now to get ready for the day. I repacked most of my suitcases yesterday. I always pack my carry on as if I will never see my big case again. I will go through them one more time and then have the magical moment of attaching the luggage tags. 😉

Right now I will redo my "must see" list. I made it out last night and couldn't decide what to see first or how to attack it. The MC is at the pool deck so I may start at the top and work my way down. I may be able to get some good pictures before the crowds arrive. There are so many places/things I want to see (MC, Eden, Mr Edge, the Haunted Forest, the pendulum staircase, Cafe al Bacio {and who is that woman in the picture}, the Faceless People, the cabanas, the pool, Solarium, just to name a few)! The other huge conundrum is where to have my first tasty beverage - decisions, decisions. I do know that I will toast Lloyd and all of you with my first drink!! 😁

I have some tough decisions to make - when I come back with the next post, I hope to be in T25!!

OMG I LOVE THE SHIP PARADE!!  We have family with a place on the beach in North Miami - when we freeload (LOL) our bedroom faces the ocean and I set my alarm for 5am so I can see the ships lined up waiting to enter port. I use my MarineTraffic app to ID the ships and am a happy girl. My family thinks I'm insane but the pleasure I get out of it is worth it!  Can't wait to do it again in 3 weeks! 

23 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Saw LLP - my BFF! Hugged her and got selfie!! Way cool. Off to Eden and RTG!!!!

If you run in to LLP again, can you find out if she will still be onboard for the Dec. 9th cruise?

Edited by ecslady

VT, Awesome! Is your bed by balcony or bath? I am still struggling with this. I have bed by balcony now on deck 10 on a A2 class and keeping a eye for another one by bath on same deck but needs to be port side. I might need to go to deck 9 to get what I want...

I would love to hear what you think about it! 

41 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Oh and I gave her a gift from VT!!!! 

My DH loves the IV- he’s close to 6 ft and sees beautifully out under the rail. He says it’s much better than regular balconies!!!61AE5919-E2CD-4C5F-B455-C4A7245A7040.thumb.jpeg.62f0903f4bbf4178778167d33de3ef23.jpeg

Then I expect my dh will love it too!

This is SO much better in person!!!!!!!!! Everything is Awesome!!! It is the most gorgeous ship!!! I just had a longggggg talk with the head of dining and he gave me a lot of inside scooops? Luminae additions? DOTE? I talked his head off and he gave me his card. He will give me a 1/2 cabana. They look great. There are 4 halves. Can’t wait to try Dec 2.

got to run for my free lunch at Raw on 5. Drinks great. Where was my first ? Golden margarita at RTG. This place is heaven on earth. Singer is amazing!!! 

33F44D66-F0BC-40BE-9957-90BE9B5E582D.jpeg

0CB3894E-6B15-4690-8175-D9034BC2EBC8.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This is SO much better in person!!!!!!!!! Everything is Awesome!!! It is the most gorgeous ship!!! I just had a longggggg talk with the head of dining and he gave me a lot of inside scooops? Luminae additions? DOTE? I talked his head off and he gave me his card. He will give me a 1/2 cabana. They look great. There are 4 halves. Can’t wait to try Dec 2.

got to run for my free lunch at Raw on 5. Drinks great. Where was my first ? Golden margarita at RTG. This place is heaven on earth. Singer is amazing!!! 

So we will be able to get drinks at the RTG for our post-muster get together?

Edited by MVPinBoynton

VT is so nice to take the time to post all these amazing photos, PLEASE don't repost the photos it will make navigating this thread a pain. Try to remove the photos you don't need in your reply and when you are ready to post your reply, click the icon at the top of the page with the magnifying glass to preview it  before you submit.

Thanks...and thanks VT

Edited by LouTheGlue
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

VT is so nice to take the time to post all these amazing photos, PLEASE don't repost the photos it will make navigating this thread a pain. Try to remove the photos you don't need in your reply and when you are ready to post your reply, click the icon at the top of the page with the magnifying glass to preview it  before you submit.

Thanks...and thanks VT

It took me a while to figure out the new CC website format.  When you click "Quote" it duplicates everything in the prior post, including all the pictures.  But everything is clickable, so click on each picture and hit delete – poof!  Also it will let you start typing within the quote window – but that's not what you want to do, you want to click in the white space just below that window for your message.  [I start with a carriage return – oops, just gave away my age! – so that my message is separated a little from the quoted part.]

• Like 3

Honestly, I am so excited for you!  I lovr he picture of your DH, and so glad that he likes the IV.  

Do not forget to breathe and smell the roses...thanks for taking me along, Marilyn!

suzy

Edited by Lastdance