Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One other thing I discovered by mistake last night is that at least on an iPhone  - if you don't manually close the app it stays open and drains your battery until you manually close it.  

Thanks for the tip, no wonder my battery has been running down so quickly the last few days!

9 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Some cruise lines have options for solo travelers, yes. Celebrity does as well on the EDGE.

However, NCL is, as per my latest knowledge, the only cruise line that treats solo travelers as valued guests. For example, on the Getaway the area for solo travelers is separated by exclusive key card and located in the best interior portion of the ship. The area has its own lounge venue and very beautiful (even though tiny) staterooms..

But then again, you can´t compare NCL to X. And even if you wanted to, the solo staterooms on EDGE are located in a quite poor location on the ship. And I believe (not sure) the surcharge is still not really low. 

I do understand the economical planning behind surcharges for solo travelers, however in times where everybody shouts "I am a victim of discrimination" I like to point out that I feel the same thing for solo travelers who do not go solo because they want to but because none of their friends and relatives are into cruising or whatever got in their way that made them go on their own.

But as I said before, when I´m not appreciated as a guest and this concept works for a cruise line, the reality is that I cannot go undiscriminated. Have to face it and go for oldschool ways of traveling instead. 

I’m sorry, but I just don’t regard a single supplement for a double occupancy cabin as discrimination.

TRIVIA on EDGE

Just got off the ship today, Dec 16., and to answer the question on Trivia.  It didn't show up till late in the cruise, and it is NOT what we are used to on other Celebrity ships.  I did not attend, but spoke with one of the activities staff about how it works since you must bring your smartphone or tablet.  It is all done via a free link on the Internet.  There are questions that you answer on your phone, at the end, you go over the answers and then the activities staff person has the results as to who answered how many correct.  He said you can still form teams, but only one person types the answers into the phone, or you can do it individually. Not sure how I feel about this, but maybe someone who actually participated has more details. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ecslady said:

TRIVIA on EDGE

Just got off the ship today, Dec 16., and to answer the question on Trivia.  It didn't show up till late in the cruise, and it is NOT what we are used to on other Celebrity ships.  I did not attend, but spoke with one of the activities staff about how it works since you must bring your smartphone or tablet.  It is all done via a free link on the Internet.  There are questions that you answer on your phone, at the end, you go over the answers and then the activities staff person has the results as to who answered how many correct.  He said you can still form teams, but only one person types the answers into the phone, or you can do it individually. Not sure how I feel about this, but maybe someone who actually participated has more details. 

What  if you do not have a smart phone or tablet to bring? TRIVIA  in person has been fun and teams are part of the human side of the experience....we are not regulars but enjoy(ed?)stopping in a few times.

For some it is a very important daily activity....just like some love the art auctions, some are into music, shows, dancing, karaoke, socializing at  bars and I like my spa time! 

TIMEPLAY sounds like something you can do at home. Anyone try it yet?

.Hope X relents or guests band together to organize their own sessions...just post it on the bulletin board if they have one,???

Will there be daily Crossword or Sudoku puzzles available?  We look forward to them each day, along with the printed little News Summaries..hope they are still being done...beats being groped by a Sprite!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

What  if you do not have a smart phone or tablet to bring? TRIVIA  in person has been fun and teams are part of the human side of the experience....we are not regulars but enjoy(ed?)stopping in a few times.

For some it is a very important daily activity....just like some love the art auctions, some are into music, shows, dancing, karaoke, socializing at  bars and I like my spa time! 

TIMEPLAY sounds like something you can do at home. Anyone try it yet?

.Hope X relents or guests band together to organize their own sessions...just post it on the bulletin board if they have one,???

Will there be daily Crossword or Sudoku puzzles available?  We look forward to them each day, along with the printed little News Summaries..hope they are still being done...beats being groped by a Sprite!

I was told there is a $15 fee for Timeplay as there are money prices at the end.  Not really sure how it works,  it it sounds progressive.

No news summaries.

No daily sudoku or crossword puzzles. At least I didn't find any, and others didn't either.

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

I was told there is a $15 fee for Timeplay as there are money prices at the end.  Not really sure how it works,  it it sounds progressive.

No news summaries.

No daily sudoku or crossword puzzles. At least I didn't find any, and others didn't either.

We'll being our own puzzle books

Thanks to VT for the BLU menus...a few posts back.   Old or new, they look perfect for us. At least BLU seems to be the same as before..We will miss tables with views..everyone wanted them .

But we will try breakfast at  outside table, weather and wind permitting.

Is there another way to get there besides the creepy forest route? 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We'll being our own puzzle books

Thanks to VT for the BLU menus...a few posts back.   Old or new, they look perfect for us. At least BLU seems to be the same as before..We will miss tables with views..everyone wanted them .

But we will try breakfast at  outside table, weather and wind permitting.

Is there another way to get there besides the creepy forest route? 

Well, if you don't fall in love with the Haunted Forest (as I have) you can take the aft elevator to 4 and take the gorgeous staircase up to Blu. 😊

You can see the lovely Blu screen in the background behind the staircase:

2122023120_staircasebluxx.thumb.jpg.8d829bd8a5d7959c0ae2ad474c168c50.jpg

• Like 1