Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

Good morning Marilyn. I hope you slept well. I sure did. After 22,000 steps yesterday running around taking pics of this amazing ship, I was exhausted. I am in cabin 10146. If you get a chance, please call, so we can meet up. I do want to thank you personally for everything.  Do wait until after 9:00 though, since Carol is zonked and will be sound asleep.  

28 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT don’t forget to check with your travel insurance company , they might/ should cover that. 

If ins doesn't cover.. but I expect they will as you  were still in USA...

maybe X will  cover if there was something there that made you trip.. As noted,  " raised thing on gangplank" may make them responsible...

There was a window on the gangplank? Anyhow..glad you are up and around..

I love the crystal ship model but the other is more realistic..hard choice!

Edited by hcat

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hi Vt

Hope you slept well in your nice  suite digs..looks very comfy! Have a great day..You are a real trooper for  carrying on after your accident...enjoy!

Thanks for pics of the Retreat..definitely nice furniture up there..but what's with rocking chairs on what might sometimes be a rocking ship!

Seeing more of the Hoppen style, like the Tom Tom..I think she would be so perfect to design college dorms..that's just how I view it!  Very retro...

Could not open the Tree People Video..will try again

Waste of  money for the faceless people! And if they own them, they can't be rotated out!

Glad you liked Fine Cut but distracting music from the bar/ lobby is a bummer. Noticed that as a potential issue for BLU  and the Bistro..no doors.  We won't want to sit near the BLU curtain but closer toi a window or wall..

Hope your day is filled with smiles!

Thanks, any day on the Edge is a good day!!

Edited by vtcruising

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

If ins doesn't cover.. but I expect they will as you  were still in USA...

maybe X will  cover if there was something there that made you trip.. As noted,  " raised thing on gangplank" may make them responsible...

There was a window on the gangplank? Anyhow..glad you are up and around..

I love the crystal ship model but the other is more realistic..hard choice!

It was actually the entryway to the gangway -had just crossed out of terminal. Because I wasn’t quite on the gangway they had to call the EMTs - I was still on FL property, they said.

Im not a litigious type, but if they offer to cover it , great. We pretty much sign away any rights on our contract. 🙂

Agree about the models - so many decisions!!

14 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Good morning Marilyn. I hope you slept well. I sure did. After 22,000 steps yesterday running around taking pics of this amazing ship, I was exhausted. I am in cabin 10146. If you get a chance, please call, so we can meet up. I do want to thank you personally for everything.  Do wait until after 9:00 though, since Carol is zonked and will be sound asleep.  

I will call later- Henry is still snoring - he just doesn’t have the stamina of us Edgies! I fall into a plate glass window and still want to explore every inch of the ship!  😉

Can’t wait for your review and pictures!

• Like 1

Marilyn, I’m soooo happy to see that you’re in fine form - though a bit battered - and that you were able to enjoy your FCG dinner last night! Thanks for every bit of information, and each photo, you’ve posted.

I’m enjoying the suite/retreat parts even though I won’t be in a suite (though two of our friends will be) on my TA. Thanks for the cool forest video. Can’t wait to meet the wooden people. I think they’re fabulous too, so we can’t let Hcat sell them or tip them overboard😂 The rockers do look comfy. Bar stools without foot rests? Are they meant to inspire people to drink up and go? That doesn’t say “Retreat” or “relax” to me. Love, love, love the hand washing stations. However, they’ll need to hire someone- say a retired RN who wants to travel - to show people - repeatedly- how to do it properly😉

Please remember to take frequent breaks today, preferably with tasty treats and beverages wink wink. We need to take care of our intrepid Queen of the Edgies😁

Cheers,

Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will call later- Henry is still snoring - he just doesn’t have the stamina of us Edgies! I fall into a plate glass window and still want to explore every inch of the ship!  😉

Can’t wait for your review and pictures!

I am glad you are up and about. I am obsessed reading everything edge! Your adventures,  IG, FB! Luckily my cell connection is so poor at work otherwise I would get nothing done!.

More and more I am leaning towards changing to a room with bed by bath. Room just seems bigger. Thanks for all your pics! And feel better!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I am glad you are up and about. I am obsessed reading everything edge! Your adventures,  IG, FB! Luckily my cell connection is so poor at work otherwise I would get nothing done!.

More and more I am leaning towards changing to a room with bed by bath. Room just seems bigger. Thanks for all your pics! And feel better!

Thanks Sandy, I would go with the bed by the bath myself , but haven’t seen the other in person yet. I’ll check the open cabins today. 

12 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Marilyn, I’m soooo happy to see that you’re in fine form - though a bit battered - and that you were able to enjoy your FCG dinner last night! Thanks for every bit of information, and each photo, you’ve posted.

I’m enjoying the suite/retreat parts even though I won’t be in a suite (though two of our friends will be) on my TA. Thanks for the cool forest video. Can’t wait to meet the wooden people. I think they’re fabulous too, so we can’t let Hcat sell them or tip them overboard😂 The rockers do look comfy. Bar stools without foot rests? Are they meant to inspire people to drink up and go? That doesn’t say “Retreat” or “relax” to me. Love, love, love the hand washing stations. However, they’ll need to hire someone- say a retired RN who wants to travel - to show people - repeatedly- how to do it properly😉

Please remember to take frequent breaks today, preferably with tasty treats and beverages wink wink. We need to take care of our intrepid Queen of the Edgies😁

Cheers,

Michelle 

Thanks Michelle! Yes, we will need to have extra security around the faceless ones when hcat is onboard.😉

i think I’ll head up to the Retreat for s continental breakfast. I’ll let you know how it is. 😀

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks Sandy, I would go with the bed by the bath myself , but haven’t seen the other in person yet. I’ll check the open cabins today. 

Vtcruising can you post a photo with the bed by the window(balcony)?

Thanks, please take your time getting around the ship this week.

Be safe and enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to your reviews,  photos and your spreadsheet comments.

Enjoy your Cruise and be Safe.

Edited by cruise47
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks! You know, when I booked my cruise over a year ago, there werent many A2 available and only A1 that were just after cabins that protrude out. However, 10219 to 10227 were available and ai remember having a hard time deciding btw 10225 and 10227 but for some reason I went for 10223. I think I was too excited about booking at a great price that I didn't noticed that my cabin was not 10225! Crazy. 

Vtcruising please stop posting every second on the second and just enjoy your vacation. This is your vacation time. 

I am in big trouble now. I do not care. I want you to enjoy The New Edge Ship just like everyone else on the ship.

Enjoy, Enjoy!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks Michelle! Yes, we will need to have extra security around the faceless ones when hcat is onboard.😉

i think I’ll head up to the Retreat for s continental breakfast. I’ll let you know how it is. 😀

It is very nice. We are enjoying it now. 

7 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

VT, feel better and make up a great story to go with your injuries! The faceless people pushed you, you bumped into to the hippie van which is why they had to remove it, you got into a fight with LLP at the Martini Bar...

No, no, no, the wooden people wouldn’t hurt VT🤣 I am suspicious of the mean barstools (the ones without foot rests)😉

Edited by Silkroad

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Just to add to the gang plank story because only you Edgies would appreciate this - everyone else would think me crazy.

The EMTs that were called said I needed stitches and wanted to bring me to the hospital and said I’d be back in time for the cruise. I said no, I wanted to board (and explained my obsession with the ship). I asked if the MDs onboard could do the stitches and they said they weren’t sure they would, I said that I had my sewing kit and would do it myself if I had to ( have some experience). The X employees were chuckling and said that I really was determined to be on the Edge. I’m so happy I got back onboard !! BTW, thanks to the person who asked where Medical was - I knew exactly where it was and the employees didn’t know yet. 😀

Marilyn- So sorry to hear about your accident but this story truly proves that you are Edge_Crazy!

• Haha 1

Another thought... I had some minor facial surgery and the doctor prescribed something called bioCroneum to prevent scaring (ti worked well for me). I got this from the surgeon's office, so not sure it is available... but you might ask about that or mederma or other scare prevention cream. Also... you should use sunscreen on the area after stitches removed. bioCroneum does have sunscreen in it. 

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

Another thought... I had some minor facial surgery and the doctor prescribed something called bioCroneum to prevent scaring (ti worked well for me). I got this from the surgeon's office, so not sure it is available... but you might ask about that or mederma or other scare prevention cream. Also... you should use sunscreen on the area after stitches removed. bioCroneum does have sunscreen in it. 

Thanks for the tip!!

Ah, I wondered about the specialty restaurants in such close proximity to the grand plaza area. We tend to eat later on cruises so hopefully Celebrity gets some feedback about noise from diners and can work around a schedule with music and entertainment since the atrium area is typically hopping in the evenings and can impede on diners wanting a quiet meal. If it continues to be an issue maybe I can request a seat further into the restaurant to help alleviate that. 

We all hope hope you’re feeling better and taking time to relax! I don’t think I have any questions in particular besides waiting for day-to-day menu photos to trickle in (hopefully someone on the first 7 nighter will be so kind to post photos) and ones about my specific stateroom (I think 10203’s bed faces the ocean and is on the right as you walk into the suite, but unsure). It appears it is the S3s that have their beds facing the wall like the IV cabins? Perhaps that further justifies the lower cost as well as being in the magic carpet pathway. Everything else looks beautiful but as far as experiencing I won’t really know till we go! Oh - I did hear someone say in a video that “fresh sushi is being prepared in Eden” - I didn’t think that was an option here, only Raw on 5? Did I mishear? If they have sushi in Eden is that like how it used to be complimentary in Oceanview? 

I think that’s the only comment so far that has thrown me off. Enjoy your time on Edge! 

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It was actually the entryway to the gangway -had just crossed out of terminal. Because I wasn’t quite on the gangway they had to call the EMTs - I was still on FL property, they said.

Im not a litigious type, but if they offer to cover it , great. We pretty much sign away any rights on our contract. 🙂

Agree about the models - so many decisions!!

Better yet..dh thought it might be port property. .Broward Couny..Maybe u could file a report at port authority and can call a Fla atty..some specialize in stuff like that..some even on back of  tourist benches..ha....

In some states there is  usually a short time frame to preserve your rights..but who knows if you might need more med  care ???

..this is just a thought  and  not  legal advice in any  way but couldn,'t hurt  to check it out.

• Like 1