Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

48 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Have to say that the SV was the hit of the cabin crawl! Book them now - they will be popular.big balconies and bigger cabins!

AQ showers were amazing - jealous!!

As you know we have one of each booked.... but we will be booking a back up cruise, just in case our Jan cruise becomes a one and done! Not giving up yet but too many evening  venues are  floating light shows....very harsh on the eyes and brain for us!

Glad you are enjoying dinner on the MC.. what's for dinner,

45 minutes ago, micmacmissy said:

Okay - is it just me, or does anyone else find that wall hard to look at, sort of like it's growing mold or something?  Something about it looks repulsive to me!

Repulsive..wierd ,,,.freakish...creepy!

But we  don"t have to go there..Hope that is the restaurant part not the outer EDEN area....

I am Interested in hearing about quiet mellow spaces for nightime fun..no jarring music and lights..My light show days are behind me. Need to preserve  what's left of my hearing too!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Captain Costas will be on until Feb 3, then his second - he will be on 6 months and then go on vacation and then to Apex. I am wondering if that is when Captain Kate boards the Edge to be ready to take over for Captain Costas' vacation 6 moths later.

I had been looking forward to possibly meeting Captain Costas, because I’d heard so many good things about him, but it appears I’ll miss him. Having sailed with both Captain Kafetzis and Captain McCue, I must say I found that both made an effort to mingle with passengers. Both were approachable, charming, popular, and highly competent. I’ll be happy sailing with any of the three.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

I know I'm not booked in an IV or a suite but I'm really exited about my Deluxe Oceanview #9111 forward facing cabin.  Maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to book an IV  cabin.  Have you seen this or talked to anyone who is staying here?

• Like 1

We absolutely loved our IV cabin and would book it again when prices come down.

We don’t do room service so no problem with the veranda for us. We loved the soft neutral decor  and the bathroom was functional and plenty of storage. There is a  drawer under the sink also.

There was ample closet space and much more storage than the S class  balcony.  So glad I don’t have to stand on the bed to get to  those cabinets!

We will be on Silhouette in a few days and  hope that we’ll settle in and not be wishing for the Edge!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VT and all you lucky Edgies on your current adventure, thank you for all you have done to make us feel as if we are there with you enjoying that wonderful ship.  Please be safe on your journey home, and have wonderful Holidays!  To those on the January 20th voyage, see you then!

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

• Like 1

Cabins above Eden - someone asked about noise above the outside Eden area. I went last night to check it out. There was no one sitting in the outside area, but they had a speaker out there broadcasting the show music. Someone on this cruise told me that she had her window closed and heard the Crescendo from Eden. I'm not sure if it was the speaker or not, but I would bet that they will stop using that since people above will complain. I think there is some risk of noise there, but not sure if they will take care of it before your cruise.

Vt...

Thanks  for highlighting BLU dining, the AQ and SV cabins...all on our list for now,,

You really brought the ship to life!

Are you heading home after this cruise ends,,,?

Feel better.,.safe travels...and let's keep the EDGIES going as we all  have our turn  to cruise

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Cabins above Eden - someone asked about noise above the outside Eden area. I went last night to check it out. There was no one sitting in the outside area, but they had a speaker out there broadcasting the show music. Someone on this cruise told me that she had her window closed and heard the Crescendo from Eden. I'm not sure if it was the speaker or not, but I would bet that they will stop using that since people above will complain. I think there is some risk of noise there, but not sure if they will take care of it before your cruise.

Uh Oh...we will  definitely  be monitoring that...maybe the deck 7 SV will have to go...

13 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Hairdryer strength: I think it is a bit wimpy, but gets the job done eventually.

VT, you're doing the Lord's work. Thank you for this report. 🙏

(Seriously - that's a YES I need to bring mine with me across the Atlantic next year!!)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Vt...

Thanks  for highlighting BLU dining, the AQ and SV cabins...all on our list for now,,

You really brought the ship to life!

Are you heading home after this cruise ends,,,?

Feel better.,.safe travels...and let's keep the EDGIES going as we all  have our turn  to cruise

Thanks, will be in FLL tomorrow, catching up on posts and resting and then home on Wed!

The Gelateria opposite Cafe al Bacio isn't on this ship. There is some gelato in the OVC next to the ice cream, though with a limited selection. You can get your free scoop of gelato there for Captains' Club.

Ocean View Cafe, very nice place to eat, with lots of choices:

image.thumb.png.cfb32e8a6f9203dfb27cc6ffe42ebb61.png

image.thumb.png.ceafc9ab0afe198ddc16102710941c15.png

image.thumb.png.9a2f589971137d5999c7d66a8278dd00.png

image.thumb.png.814386b83756c8b8bce12a3f8a7bf23b.png

image.png.fb173cb494e41ea4d5748051d67a98ce.png

image.thumb.png.e51e27fb79276178803b4595c0327628.png

image.thumb.png.789e68f58142d68b3706eaa798b3e61a.png

image.thumb.png.e3e7e79f1bc82a3ee3512c04383e5195.png

image.png.664a83ea547d663e75e117161c8e7e95.png

image.thumb.png.6d6d6ef2f26276da2d98f7828edca92a.png

image.thumb.png.84f5f9786b540449d4d0ef0c24542e1a.png

image.png.111367fdcaf64bc6b24e39c19b078cef.png

image.thumb.png.c32a5dcea94c1ebd6501ce3c1384d558.png

image.png.bddb5daf7ace8426e8938044110db83c.png

1 minute ago, Mcampo said:

VT, How was dinner on the MC? Was it on 5? If so, did you have the menu from Raw or did you have the buffet with seafood and caviar, like last night. Just wondering about the details of your dinner. Thank you!  

It was a separate menu of seafood and sushi ala carte. We had lovely Asian salads, shrimp tempura rolls and a seafood platter. It was a lovely night out there with very attentive service.  They so want this MC concept to work!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kmb4567 said:

I know I'm not booked in an IV or a suite but I'm really exited about my Deluxe Oceanview #9111 forward facing cabin.  Maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to book an IV  cabin.  Have you seen this or talked to anyone who is staying here?

I am hoping people will start posting about those cabins. They look fabulous. Looking at the windows from the bridge today, they looked huge!

5 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

We are very excited!  Hope you're feeling better each day and you will be forever memorialized, on so many fronts, for these couple of cruises!!!

Look forward to meeting you in January!!!

Doing well. Got my sutures out this afternoon and bruises fading. I'm sure I'll be remembered as the woman in the black Edge hat since I wore it every day since last Tuesday. See you in January!

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It was a separate menu of seafood and sushi ala carte. We had lovely Asian salads, shrimp tempura rolls and a seafood platter. It was a lovely night out there with very attentive service.  They so want this MC concept to work!

So would you say the MC menu is not suitable for non-fish eaters? My other half won't do fish but we were tempted in by the chicken and steak entrees from the Raw on 5 dinner menu - did they feature?. It would be a shame if MC was out of bounds too (as well as Eden).

Edited by dides

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Doing well. Got my sutures out this afternoon and bruises fading.

Marilyn, I’m very happy to read this update! You’ll be restored to your original beauty in time to return to lovely Edge in January🙂 I can’t thank you enough for being such an inspirational force on the Edge threads. Thanks again for your wonderful live review. Wishing you a smooth trip home. Michelle