Honolulu car rental companies free shuttle to pier

CH_ca

Hi! Last time I went to Honolulu, I was able to drop off the rental car and got a free ride from the rental company to the pier. When I check now, I seem to see a lot saying "No cruise ship pick up". Does anyone know if there are any car rental companies still provide free shuttle service to the pier?

• 2 months later...

We checked a lot of them and could not find one that would shuttle us to the pier from the airport or from any of their locations in Waikiki to the port.    So we will be taxing it from airport to pier at a cost of between $25 and $30.  

We will be doing the same in April, I checked with 4 different companies and no shuttles except Thrifty and you have to use their Waikiki location to rent a vehicle, they close earlier than the airport location which doesn't work for us, this is the response I received from them:

Effective 8/1/14- all pier pick ups will be handles by our waikiki location. Peir pick up is only available from the 2002 kalakaua avenue location. Pier pick up is not available from the honolulu airport location. Customers must book a reservation from the waikiki location in order to be picked up from the pier. One way drop fees will be assessed if a car is returned to a different rental location other than the original rental pick up location.

We will be using Uber or Lyft to & from the airport location, approx. $10-$15 each way.

Edited by TLC535