Semi-live from The Bliss - Nov 24-Dec 1

CincyJen

6 hours ago, esilvey said:

Can you give tips on reservations for shows, restaurants, go-karts. How is the unlimited beverage package? Are most drinks under the $15 limit?

Make your reservations as soon as you get on board, before you eat lunch.  Comedy shows, Prohibition show, popular times at the specialty restaurant venues and go karts will all be sold out before muster drill.   80-90% of the drinks are under the 15.00 limit.

21 hours ago, Dayana said:

If you get a chance can you share pics of the splash academy and entourage schedules?   

Hi Dayana,

We won't view those areas as we are adults only, but I'm sure another cruiser will be able to help you!

• Like 1

Good Morning from Tortola, BVI! 

Another perfect day aboard The Bliss is about to begin! We had a relaxing day yesterday, and a wonderful dinner at Savor, with our favorite server so far, Boieto! I'll write more after breakfast. Today I think we'll have it at The Local. Tough decisions. 😉

20181128_080542.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, esilvey said:

Can you give tips on reservations for shows, restaurants, go-karts. How is the unlimited beverage package? Are most drinks under the $15 limit?

Hi, esilvey! I see another cruiser already answered but we are having a different experience. We made our Specialty Dining reservations as soon as the 90 day (I think?) window opened, but other than Le Bistro, there was availability at the other specialties yesterday when we checked. There's a table daily in the Atrium with all the menus, and the crew member can help you with reservations, or you can make them from your stateroom on the TV or by phoning. Obviously, if you have your heart set on a particular restaurant, make plans the first day, but I don't think it's necessary to race to The Social to make reservations as soon as you board.

Prohibition did sell out by Day 2, but there was still availability for Havana yesterday, and for Jersey Boys tonight! I also just checked and reservations are still available for the race track and laser tag. Let me know if I can look at anything else for you!

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What did you have at Los Lobos that was so good?

We loved the tableside guacamole! Our entrees were Burritos Rojas and Enchiladas Verdes and they were outstanding! We're going back tonight! 😊

14 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

Just curious to know for our morning walks if the waterfront deck wraps around the whole ship or do you have to cut inside to go over to the other side? Thanks for your wonderful "live" review. Your photos of STT are beautiful! 

I'm going to check this out for you today. Check back later for the scoop!

• Like 1

About to sail away from Tortola, thought I'd log on quickly and show you the gorgeous view from the Observation Lounge, all the way forward! So unique. We love it here! Having a light snack and a glass of wine. Life doesn't get much better than this...

More soon!! Halfway thru Day 5, it's going by too fast, we're having the best time! Can't get enough of the beautiful Norwegian Bliss.

20181128_144426.jpg

20181128_141628.jpg

Edited by CincyJen
  • Like 3

Happy Sunday everyone!

I'm back from the beautiful Norwegian Bliss! Sorry I didn't update as much as I had hoped, but I'll post more photos and thoughts today, now that we're home. Stay tuned!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have! I'm in that post-cruise funk and would love to feel like I'm still on the ship. 😉

On 11/29/2018 at 7:15 PM, OnlyWork2Cruise said:

Any word on the condition of the woman injured on the water slide? It was still closed today...

Wow!! I never even heard about it while on board, but we were wondering why it seemed as though nobody was using the slides. That's awful. It's crazy how we never even heard a word about it. 

Edit: Come to think of it, ambulance came to the ship in Nassau as soon as we docked; we were wondering what was going on and I wonder if it was related. How awful. 

Edited by CincyJen

Was this on the drop slide or did she fall off the tubes on the tube ride? I have seen some folks going down backward on the tube slide, so I am curious which slide it was?  My son wants to do the drop slide, I wanted to as well, but I feel on 11/04 onto my back while carrying the Christmas tree box down the stairs, so I can't do the drop slide or the go karts on this vacation, but I am wondering if the drop slide is safe for my son? 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, CincyJen said:

Good Night from St. Thomas Sailaway! It's 6:25 pm local time. Waving  goodbye to the Carnival Breeze and MSC Seaside as we depart Charlotte Amalie. 

It's been a glorious Day 4! Changing for dinner now, more later, I still have a few questions to answer and if you have any more, ask me anything!

Have I told you guys that I LOVE THIS SHIP yet?? 😉💗

I probably sound like a broken record as I've mentioned this in numerous threads, but I need to decide very soon whether or not to purchase the thermal suite pass for my NYE cruise on the Bliss.  My sister and I purchased them on our most recent Epic cruise and we were in there every day, though it was just the two of us on the cruise.  This time, my sister will NOT be there, but I will be with like 30 family members and I wonder how much time I'll actually get to spend there.  I should just go ahead and do it.  It'll be nice to have somewhere quiet and relaxing to hang out.

18 hours ago, ClaireAndMike said:

I probably sound like a broken record as I've mentioned this in numerous threads, but I need to decide very soon whether or not to purchase the thermal suite pass for my NYE cruise on the Bliss.  My sister and I purchased them on our most recent Epic cruise and we were in there every day, though it was just the two of us on the cruise.  This time, my sister will NOT be there, but I will be with like 30 family members and I wonder how much time I'll actually get to spend there.  I should just go ahead and do it.  It'll be nice to have somewhere quiet and relaxing to hang out.

Hey, Claire and Mike!

Having cruised both the Epic and now the Bliss, I can tell you that the Thermal Suite on the Bliss seemed much smaller and there was no outdoor deck to enjoy. They did add a Snow Room which the Epic didn't have. Still, I enjoyed the Thermal Suites on both ships SO MUCH.

Even if you use it only for an hour or two a day, it's worth it I think. Just do it. Life is short and there's nothing more relaxing than that peaceful, lovely area on the Norwegian ships. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, Chesneygirl said:

Just curious to know for our morning walks if the waterfront deck wraps around the whole ship or do you have to cut inside to go over to the other side? Thanks for your wonderful "live" review. Your photos of STT are beautiful! 

Hey Chesneygirl!

Just realized I didn't answer your question after promising to do so.  I did check it out for you, and The Waterfront deck wraps around about two-thirds of the ship, but not the entire ship.  You'll enjoy your morning walks there; we certainly did!  If you're looking for more of a jog, the pool deck offers a track, but we preferred The Waterfront for strolling and brisk walking and saw many others doing the same.  You'll love the aft view, which is really one of the loveliest places on the ship and we were surprised more weren't taking advantage of it. Just FYI, after Jersey Boys, escaping the crowds, we discovered that Deck 7 also is a bit of a promenade deck, just with the lifeboats blocking your view, but you might want to check it out as well.

Have a wonderful cruise! 

Edited by CincyJen
Reasons