RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Can you Royal UP from a GTY? Currently have a XB Balc GTY

Yeah, I was booked in a JS Guarantee back in December. After my stateroom was assigned (J3) , I received a Royal Up offer for a Grand, Owners, and a few others.

Not sure if you’ll get one if your stateroom hasn’t been assigned yet?

7 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Can you Royal UP from a GTY? Currently have a XB Balc GTY

I'm curious about this as well. We have a GTY balcony for our Anthem cruise in May. We received a Royal Up email offer the other day. The email says our current stateroom is an "Ocean View Balcony", but thats it. We're 70 days out and our cruise planner information just shows GTY for stateroom. Is it possible we have been assigned a cabin, we've just not been updated? 

3 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

I'm curious about this as well. We have a GTY balcony for our Anthem cruise in May. We received a Royal Up email offer the other day. The email says our current stateroom is an "Ocean View Balcony", but thats it. We're 70 days out and our cruise planner information just shows GTY for stateroom. Is it possible we have been assigned a cabin, we've just not been updated? 

Others have reported similar situations.  They have booked a guarantee and see that a deck has been assigned, but no specific stateroom.  Some here have speculated that this is a way to stop people from asking to change GTY assignments.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, Host Clarea said:

Spacious refers to the stateroom size.

I am in a 1C but thought we were getting an ultra spacious , which I am now figuring out is a 1A. I could care a less about the larger balcony but would like a bigger cabin on Symphony. If given the chance to bid, I have yet to get any emails ever, would you gamble that bid. No junior suites were available at booking (50th cruise).

50 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I am in a 1C but thought we were getting an ultra spacious , which I am now figuring out is a 1A. I could care a less about the larger balcony but would like a bigger cabin on Symphony. If given the chance to bid, I have yet to get any emails ever, would you gamble that bid. No junior suites were available at booking (50th cruise).

Does symphony have a category for spacious balcony?   Anthem doesn’t that I’ve seen. Yet they offered it to me via Royal Up.  I’d personally go for suite or better 

7 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Does symphony have a category for spacious balcony?   Anthem doesn’t that I’ve seen. Yet they offered it to me via Royal Up.  I’d personally go for suite or better 

I have been reading this post so long. Are you who bid and got your same cabin basically?

16 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I have been reading this post so long. Are you who bid and got your same cabin basically?

No, I actually didn’t bid on the spacious balcony because of the person you think of.  I don’t sail until May 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I'm in a 2D on the April 20 anthem and got an invite to bid for 

Grand Suite ($400 and up) , Junior Suite ($200 and up)  or Spacious Ocean View Balcony ($100 and up)

I don't know if it's worth it .. I"m traveling with my teen son so -- it's just the two of us.

Rachel

On 3/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, Host Clarea said:

Others have reported similar situations.  They have booked a guarantee and see that a deck has been assigned, but no specific stateroom.  Some here have speculated that this is a way to stop people from asking to change GTY assignments.

One of our friend's guaranty booking is showing a deck on their eDocs and a muster station on their Set Sail pass for the cruise we are going on next month but it still shows as a XB guarantee as their cabin number. Even their luggage tag shows a sector the cabin is in but no cabin number as shown in the shot below.

At least they know where approximately their cabin is.

We're curious to see when RC will actually give them their cabin number.

tagOasis.jpg

Edited by robtulipe
add picture detail

On 3/13/2019 at 1:43 AM, crusinthrough said:

I've been reading through this trying to figure out the big deal from the very first post.  What would upper management say that is different from the information offered here?  I don't see the issue or problem.  Life happen and Royal has a back up plan if plans change, which makes sense.