RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, kz920 said:

So I finally started getting emails. I went on the website and signed in after clearing the cache on my computer. I went to my account, then offers and communication and unchecked all three boxes. Royal, Azmara, and celebrity and signed out.

Then I signed back in again and did the same thing except this time I checked the royal box for offers and communication. Just the royal and not the others. 

The next day I got an email from club Royale. Hopefully this will work for you too!!! And keep our fingers crossed for our Royal Up email invitation!!!

Thanks much!  I did try this a while back but it certainly can't hurt to give it another shot.

10 hours ago, Ambergirl202 said:

Thanks so much! That makes more sense. We have our fingers crossed for a balcony, but we’re just happy to be going to Greenland!

I think I saw your sailing on the Going Going Gone sale. Balconies seemed reasonable 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, John&LaLa said:

Pays to be a smart consumer. 

However, your example is unique to your situation, and it's not always that cut and dry.

Enjoy your balcony.

BTW, now you may get offers for a suite. 😉

John&LaLa, or any one else, was wondering what your thoughts are regarding our situation that looks like it has fallen under the not always cut and dry category.

We are booked in an inside room for our upcoming 13 night Scandinavia cruise and we have put in low bids to upgrade to ocean view and balcony. Over the last month i have notified my travel agent on the balcony guarantee price drops a couple of times and they try to get it but are always told that it is only available for new reservations. I want to upgrade to a higher category and we are not allowed to. Is this pretty much the norm or do i need to worry that my travel agent isn't putting in the effort. Will still hope for upgrade, but either way , very excited for cruise. Thanks

3 minutes ago, rwisles72 said:

... I want to upgrade to a higher category and we are not allowed to. Is this pretty much the norm or do i need to worry that my travel agent isn't putting in the effort. Will still hope for upgrade, but either way , very excited for cruise. Thanks

I don't see why you would not be allowed to upgrade, as long as there are staterooms available.  The only issue should be the cost, as Royal does limit some prices to new bookings.  However, there should still be a price that is available for you to upgrade.

3 minutes ago, rwisles72 said:

I want to upgrade to a higher category and we are not allowed to. Is this pretty much the norm or do i need to worry that my travel agent isn't putting in the effort. 

It is true that many times inside final payment, the terms of the sale are that it's for new bookings only - some TAs have the ability to sweet talk RCI into applying that to an existing booking, some can't.

I think that I know the answer to this, but does anybody know if completing the Check-in will automatically make you ineligible for the Royal Up that you have bid on?  I have to think that the answer is no, but was just curious.

2 minutes ago, fscool said:

I think that I know the answer to this, but does anybody know if completing the Check-in will automatically make you ineligible for the Royal Up that you have bid on?  I have to think that the answer is no, but was just curious.

Nope, people have reported getting invitations to bid after check-in.

12 minutes ago, fscool said:

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope, people have reported getting invitations to bid after check-in.

Bob is correct.  I am one of those.  I did up our check-in on May 13th, and received our Royal-Up invitation on May 28th.

dp

51 minutes ago, fscool said:

We are cruising on LIB on 25 Aug. We checked in right at 90 days prior to cruise and today, just less than 60 days prior to sailing, we got a RoyalUp offer to move from an OS to the Royal Suite, which is still showing available online.  So yes, you can still receive a RU offer after you have checked in.

2 minutes ago, miaandmum said:

just a quick question - if you are lucky enough to be accepted for a grand suite would you get all the perks -  specifically in respect of the cordoned off area for sunbeds. 

Yes

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, miaandmum said:

just a quick question - if you are lucky enough to be accepted for a grand suite would you get all the perks -  specifically in respect of the cordoned off area for sunbeds. 

You would get all the onboard perks.  However, if you had upgraded from a non-suite, you would not get the extra point per night.

Help!!!!  Here's our scenario: Hubby, myself and our 9yo are currently booked in a panorama suite on Navigator.  We received a RoyalUp offering Owner's Suite or Grand Suite starting as low as $120pp for either room.  We are already getting suite perks because of our panorama suite, but would we get anything more by upgrading?  Which room would you go for and why...or would you go for both because the price is the same. 

I'm perfectly fine in our panorama suite....just wanting to weigh the benefits if any.

1 minute ago, Luv06012012 said:

Help!!!!  Here's our scenario: Hubby, myself and our 9yo are currently booked in a panorama suite on Navigator.  We received a RoyalUp offering Owner's Suite or Grand Suite starting as low as $120pp for either room.  We are already getting suite perks because of our panorama suite, but would we get anything more by upgrading?  Which room would you go for and why...or would you go for both because the price is the same. 

I'm perfectly fine in our panorama suite....just wanting to weigh the benefits if any.

Your current stateroom gets the same suite perks as a GS or OS on Navigator. 

I'd go for the OS as it's bigger, has a full size dining table inside the stateroom, and a separate shower and bathtub.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luv06012012 said:

We are already getting suite perks because of our panorama suite, but would we get anything more by upgrading? 

Potentially a better location - don't know if that's worth a min of $240 to you.

• Thanks 1

Received our RoyalUp for the Anthem 9 night sailing to NE on 9/12.  

We have a Jr Ste gty booked, and the minimum bids are as follows:

Grand Suite, from $350 pp

Owners Suite, from $550 pp

Sky Loft Suite, from $800 pp

Would love to hear opinions from those who've sailed Anthem.  We are definitely bidding on the Grand Suite. 

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

Received our RoyalUp for the Anthem 9 night sailing to NE on 9/12.  

We have a Jr Ste gty booked, and the minimum bids are as follows:

Grand Suite, from $350 pp

Owners Suite, from $550 pp

Sky Loft Suite, from $800 pp

Would love to hear opinions from those who've sailed Anthem.  We are definitely bidding on the Grand Suite. 

Got the same email and I have the same circumstance - JS gty. Thinking about bidding.  I wish I knew my assignment for the JS though because it would make a difference in my decision.   I’ll be staying on for the next two cruises and have the same cabin for those two. If I was assigned a JS on the same deck I would stay put because moving would be easier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luv06012012 said:

Balcony, and a semi seperate bedroom.  

If that's something you might be interested in. 😉😁🍾

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1