RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

49 minutes ago, Tesam said:

Wow!!!! It’s 19 days out and I just got an email that my bid for a Sky Loft Suite was accepted. We were in an Owners Suite and now I’m getting a Sky Loft for about $7000.00 less than the price to purchase it. I’m still pinching myself!!!! Our last cruise in the Mediterranean we had a Sky Loft I purchased before they added all the new perks and upped the prices so I got a lucky deal on that one too. So excited for all the perks and the Genie!!!! 

Sky Loft suites don’t come with a genie. You get a genie in a grand loft or star loft suite. The sky loft comes with the sky suite benifits, which are still very nice. 

15 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Are these prices per person per day?

The upgrade bids are per person for the entire cruise.  Plus, they are only for the first two guests in the stateroom.

22 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

So a third person would pay the actual difference in cost.

No, the 3rd and 4th person don't pay anything.

For example, we were 4 people in an Ulta Spacious w/ lg balcony ( oasis). We got the Royal Up offer for a crown loft suite @ $700 pp. We bid $750 per person. We got the suite and our card was charged 1,500 + the additional gratuities for a suite. Our 3rd and 4th person moved with us but are not charged.

Our new docs were available shortly after the email and were for all 4 people. 

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not everyone gets an upgrade email, but anyone can try by going to:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I'm going on a short cruise on 31 January and every time I try to do this it tells me to make sure the cruise is within 30 days and that the details are correct, which I have done numerous times.

2 minutes ago, ShazM said:

I'm going on a short cruise on 31 January and every time I try to do this it tells me to make sure the cruise is within 30 days and that the details are correct, which I have done numerous times.

Perhaps that cruise is not eligible and Royal IT has not programmed the website to respond with an accurate message.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Perhaps that cruise is not eligible and Royal IT has not programmed the website to respond with an accurate message.

OK, fair enough. There are still about 9 GS and 5 or 6 OS available so thought it was worth a try, might give them a call.

1 hour ago, ShazM said:

This is also the same message I always get.  I have read of people who have been able to bid on an upgrade by going to this site even though they were not invited to bid, but it has never worked like that for me.

13 hours ago, Tesam said:

Wow!!!! It’s 19 days out and I just got an email that my bid for a Sky Loft Suite was accepted. We were in an Owners Suite and now I’m getting a Sky Loft for about $7000.00 less than the price to purchase it. 

If you don't mind saying what was your bid and what was the min for the Star Loft?

53 minutes ago, Tesam said:

I bid $1500.00 per person. I’m still feeling so lucky!!!! 

You're going to love the Star Loft.  They are incredible suites.  The views are magnificent. Only bad thing is that you will be spoiled forever.  Let us know when your Genie contacts you and who it is.

BTW, which ship ?

59 minutes ago, Tesam said:

I bid $1500.00 per person. I’m still feeling so lucky!!!! 

Thanks for the Info.. I'm right now debating how much to bid / and if to bid to go form Sky Loft to Star Loft on Oasis coming up. I know why wife has her eye on the Tiffany and John Hardy store on the ship so that's a factor too.

Edited by Tulsacoker

Just received RoyalUp email for March 7 sailing Symphony of the Seas...

Currently in 1D oceanview balcony

2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 9 years old).

Don’t know what to do! I know the amount is just for the two adults.

Spacious balcony $150pp min bid (we are not doing this one—no way)

Ultraspacious balcony $200pp

Jr Suite $300pp

Grand Suite $700pp

2bedroom Grand Suite $900pp

Owner’s Suite $1000pp 

I don’t think we can splurge on the Owner’s Suite, but the 2 bedroom suite would be great even though almost same price. I just don’t know...

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You're going to love the Star Loft.  They are incredible suites.  The views are magnificent. Only bad thing is that you will be spoiled forever.  Let us know when your Genie contacts you and who it is.

BTW, which ship ?

Harmony of the Seas. We were in the other Star Loft Suite 2 1/2 years ago. It will be fun to see which one we like better. We really liked our last Genie I can't remember her name. We didn't ask for a lot but she was very nice and took great care of us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TravelMommyof2 said:

Just received RoyalUp email for March 7 sailing Symphony of the Seas...

Currently in 1D oceanview balcony

2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 9 years old).

Don’t know what to do! I know the amount is just for the two adults.

Spacious balcony $150pp min bid (we are not doing this one—no way)

Ultraspacious balcony $200pp

Jr Suite $300pp

Grand Suite $700pp

2bedroom Grand Suite $900pp

Owner’s Suite $1000pp 

I don’t think we can splurge on the Owner’s Suite, but the 2 bedroom suite would be great even though almost same price. I just don’t know...

We just had a two bedroom grand suite on Anthem, with four in the cabin, I would bid on that.  You would have two full bathrooms, one with a tub.  There was a dining table on the huge balcony.  We were only two in the cabin, got it through a suite guarantee, but loved having two bathrooms.

• Like 1

Hi all fellow cruisers,
Just had a email from RC asking me if I wanted to bid for a upgrade from our balcony cabin to a junior suite on our Jewel of the Seas  cruise of seven days starting next week.

I decided to take the plunge and bid one of the  lowest offers of 200 Dollars per person, so 400Dollars in total for the chance to upgrade.

I am interested to know if this is common practice and what fellow CC members have experienced in the past?

The offer shows a meter on the web page and my offer is deemed as week? So my question is also what are my chances?, and what would others pay for the upgrade from a balcony to. Junior suite?

kind regards,

mklions

34 minutes ago, mklions said:

The offer shows a meter on the web page and my offer is deemed as week? So my question is also what are my chances?, and what would others pay for the upgrade from a balcony to. Junior suite?

kind regards,

mklions

You never know for sure but a weak bid to go from Balcony to Junior Suite is less likely.... but if you don't bid you cant upgrade. Keep in mind you will not get the extra point per night if you win the bid. Points are based on original booked stateroom

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.