RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, Pacew said:

We have a guarantee suite. We haven’t been assigned a room but received a Royal Up offer today. It list us at Jr suite. Does anyone know if that means we will definitely be in a jr suite if we don’t bid? I know there’s no definite answer. Hoping to hear other experiences.

Nothing definite until you see your stateroom assignment.

8 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Hi 

We had Marla last year on Symphony and she’s great. She gave us loads of options on board & if we wanted to try something a bit different she made it happen. You will be so spoilt... it was a shock going back to a ‘normal’ room. Enjoy!

What were some of the things you requested? We had a Genie on our last cruise but we didn't ask for much except shows and dining reservations.

So just wondering any one who has used Royal Up and actually had their bid win ,  What was the best deal? I put in a weak bid for our upcoming Feb cruise. It would be fun to win but not a cry myself to sleep if I don't ( it's only a 4 nighter and I chose a balcony on the hump so I'm fine with what I have but thought if I win I could surprise the hubby). So then curiosity got to me. So tell me how you did?? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

So just wondering any one who has used Royal Up and actually had their bid win ,  What was the best deal? I put in a weak bid for our upcoming Feb cruise. It would be fun to win but not a cry myself to sleep if I don't ( it's only a 4 nighter and I chose a balcony on the hump so I'm fine with what I have but thought if I win I could surprise the hubby). So then curiosity got to me. So tell me how you did?? 

My BFF and I won our bid for a Jr Suite on Majesty for our July cruise. Honestly, we probably bid too much BUT I think it somehow factored into the refund calculation for our canceled/modified Cuba itinerary (we looked at our statement when it was given to us on our first night and immediately thought “wow, that a lot more than we were expecting”) so I suppose it all worked out in the end. And we were very happy to have more space and a balcony... especially after hearing stories from our table mates about how tiny their rooms were. 

2 hours ago, Pacew said:

We have a guarantee suite. We haven’t been assigned a room but received a Royal Up offer today. It list us at Jr suite. Does anyone know if that means we will definitely be in a jr suite if we don’t bid? I know there’s no definite answer. Hoping to hear other experiences.

We recently did a suite guarantee on Anthem.  We had not been assigned a cabin when we received our Royal Up offer, which listed us as having a JS.  We bid on a GS.  We received our cabin assigned the week before the sailing and were assigned a two bedroom grand suite.  I was able to go back to my Royal Up bid and cancel the bid.  I didn't want to leave that bid out there and get accepted for a lesser cabin.

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

We were on the 12/15 sailing on the Oasis.  We were in a one bedroom suite sky class when I got the Royal Up email.  I put in a weak bid for the Grand Panoramic suite on 17 that came with a Genie.  About two weeks before cruising I got an email that my bid was accepted.  Nothing like cruising Star Class.

53 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

We were on the 12/15 sailing on the Oasis.  We were in a one bedroom suite sky class when I got the Royal Up email.  I put in a weak bid for the Grand Panoramic suite on 17 that came with a Genie.  About two weeks before cruising I got an email that my bid was accepted.  Nothing like cruising Star Class.

We were in that room two weeks before you !  (12-1)  Joyce was our Genie but I know that she left on vacation the week after we got off and I think Izzy was taking over her rooms.  That is such a GREAT suite.

5 hours ago, Tesam said:

What were some of the things you requested? We had a Genie on our last cruise but we didn't ask for much except shows and dining reservations.

Hi

We did the usual dining & shows, bridge tour, behind the scenes for Hairspray & met Nick Weir & his team, cake decorating, one night we had seating reserved on the rising tide bar for the live band as it was a birthday - Marla organised we didn’t ask - she also organised a cake & cocktails to the room. Tried the laser tag several times - she met us there at the start & we went straight in. To be honest we didn’t go mad, but she made the experience personal & fun. That was the first time star class & we didn’t quite know what to expect.

55 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We were in that room two weeks before you !  (12-1)  Joyce was our Genie but I know that she left on vacation the week after we got off and I think Izzy was taking over her rooms.  That is such a GREAT suite.

The room was amazing!  Loved walking thru the secret door.  Israel was so kind and helpful,  He said the next time I cruise star class on the Oasis I could request him.

• Like 1

I am traveling in a solo occupancy cabin on Anthem and just got an offer via email.  Just curious how this works as I’ve already paid in full now.  If I make an offer for an upgraded cabin do I only pay what the offer is. Or do I pay double and also another whole fare cause I’m by myself in the upgraded cabin. 

1 minute ago, cantgetaname said:

I am traveling in a solo occupancy cabin on Anthem and just got an offer via email.  Just curious how this works as I’ve already paid in full now.  If I make an offer for an upgraded cabin do I only pay what the offer is. Or do I pay double and also another whole fare cause I’m by myself in the upgraded cabin. 

You pay double.

1 minute ago, ducati996spr said:

Per night, or total? $210 is a great deal if so!

Royal's upgrade numbers are always per person per cruise, for two persons, no matter how many guests are in the stateroom.

4 minutes ago, ducati996spr said:

$210 is a great deal if so!

Not really, you only gain a slightly better view, assuming the poster would have been assigned an obstructed view cabin, which was not a given. 

Biker, who would not bid on any regular balcony, if already in one on Q class. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not really, you only gain a slightly better view, assuming the poster would have been assigned an obstructed view cabin, which was not a given. 

Biker, who would not bid on any regular balcony, if already in one on Q class. 

We were in a guaranteed oceanview so no balcony. This got us a balcony for 105$ each for the cruise. I'm happy with it.

I just want to make sure I have this correct.   If I've already paid for the cruise, and I make a bid of  for argument sakes, say $100   all I'd be paying would be $100 per person ($200 as its pp though I'm travelling solo).   I would not have to pay any further fee?  I just don't want to find out I have to pay another fare for the room.    Cruise fare (already paid) + $200 would be what I'm paying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cantgetaname said:

I just want to make sure I have this correct.   If I've already paid for the cruise, and I make a bid of  for argument sakes, say $100   all I'd be paying would be $100 per person ($200 as its pp though I'm travelling solo).   I would not have to pay any further fee?  I just don't want to find out I have to pay another fare for the room.    Cruise fare (already paid) + $200 would be what I'm paying.

Correct.  In the very remote possiblity that you are upgraded to a full suite, you would have a higher gratuity to pay.

Thanks.  I've got a solo occupancy balcony, and put a bid on an ocean view balcony, which would be an upgrade.  If  my offer is not accepted then I don't mind being in my cabin I have originally booked, I'm happy with my original choice.  But if I get an upgrade then great, I'll have a bit bigger of a ocean view balcony room.

16 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

Are you on the 29th? We just got our bid offers and my cousin is solo also and she got the offer. Yes it would be double whatever you bid.

Yes just got my offer yesterday. I didn’t put in a high bid but am cautiously optimistic seeing that at least yesterday the ocean view balconies haven’t sold out yet (tho by how many I couldn’t tell you).  I’m assuming by what I’ve read online it isn’t likely I’ll hear soon?    Hopefully it won’t affect my online check in and luggage tags if I hear last minute and I’m already at hotel and no way to print new (plus it’s my TA who does the tags up for me