RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

9 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I'm still in the midst of my first exposure to this Royal Up thing.  I cruise in 9 days.  My GS bid says Expired and my JS bid says Pending.  Neither will let me modify.  Based on the collective experience of this board, should I be optimistic on the JS upgrade or is it still a maybe/maybe not thing?  

Be optimistic!

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 2:45 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Be optimistic!

On 9/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, pasodancer said:

Be VERY optimistic (and good luck!).

Thanks you two.  Great news....I was notified today that my bid was accepted and I got a J4 JS.  😃

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Thanks you two.  Great news....I was notified today that my bid was accepted and I got a J4 JS.  😃

Congratulations!  Would you mind sharing the particulars of the bid (original cabin category, minimum bid, accept bid amount)?  No worries if you'd rather not share.  Enjoy your JS!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ScoobyGal said:

Congratulations!  Would you mind sharing the particulars of the bid (original cabin category, minimum bid, accept bid amount)?  No worries if you'd rather not share.  Enjoy your JS!

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

We're on the sailing after you... Currently shows no available JS but tons on yours still. Interesting!

We're hoping on something for ours to clear... so anxious. 

57 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Well played - congrats!

3 hours ago, Aquahound said:

That's great!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  Have a great time!

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

1 hour ago, Shipposting said:

The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid?

Welcome to CC.

All bids should be done with a functional card. You should update all bids when you re-bid with the new card.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shipposting said:

My credit card has expired after I submitted the bids, but before the cruise. The website says to change the card I need to cancel and resubmit the bids, but does anyone know if I do that for a single bid, does it update the card for all bids, or just the one I’ve cancelled and re-bid? Or will I have different cards against different bids?

A few weeks ago I had to cancel a credit card after a fraudulent charge. I had two bids in and noticed I had used it on one of them so I canceled and re-bid it. So, yes you can definitely use different credit cards on different royalup bids and I would be sure to cancel and re-issue *all* your bids using that same credit card.

Edited by karmamule

4 hours ago, Shipposting said:

Congratulations!

Just got my RoyalUp accepted.  Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on 10/01/21, and went from a inside stateroom to a connecting balcony  (not thrilled about the connecting part) for $50. So for a balcony stateroom, at a grand total of $394.60 for a single passenger, I am happy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rs45thompson said:

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Shipposting said:

I'm sorry, I quoted the wrong one.   

Yes you will need to cancel and re-bid with the correct card.

I had a Balcony GTY on Ovation sailing on 8 Oct 2021 however all my bids were expired except for GS 2 BR says Pending. May I know when they will state whether I have won or lost? Since my credit card has not been charged yet. Thank you for all the answers provided.

12 minutes ago, donny_dc said:

I had a Balcony GTY on Ovation sailing on 8 Oct 2021 however all my bids were expired except for GS 2 BR says Pending. May I know when they will state whether I have won or lost? Since my credit card has not been charged yet. Thank you for all the answers provided.

Mine was accepted last Friday and we sail this Friday the 1st. I kept checking my room number on the cruise planner and saw it there first. Good luck.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

So if I'm reading correctly, if your royal up brings you into a suite, you don't get c&a points for the suite? I thought I read that some people have gotten suite points from it

You get the points associated with the cabin you Royal Upped from.  If someone got double points after upgrading from a balcony cabin or categories below that, it was in error.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-earn-crown-anchor-points-for-the-royalup-upgraded-stateroom

19 minutes ago, donny_dc said:

Either your cabin number will update in the app, or your credit card will be dinged.  If you have credit card notifications for charges, you would be notified immediately when it was hit.  Good luck! 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

Has anyone had their bid locked out of changes early and NOT gotten the upgrade? We placed 2 bids for 10/10 Allure and on Thursday, one went expired and the other is pending and cannot be edited. There’s some Cruise Planner purchases we want to cancel if we are upgraded so just trying to plan ahead, I guess.