RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:
9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What ship?

Anthem in September. I cancelled the bid until I hear back from my TA.

Never sailed a Quantum ship. I do know there are lots of semi obstructed balconies though. Probably not a good risk

FWIW, spacious can apply to either the balcony or the cabin on a lot of ships. Sometimes both

Never sailed a Quantum ship. I do know there are lots of semi obstructed balconies though. Probably not a good risk

FWIW, spacious can apply to either the balcony or the cabin on a lot of ships. Sometimes both
Yeah I cancelled the bid last night. I have had this cabin booked from the beginning, I like the location it is on the ship. I picked it because it's on the AFT back by the glass elevators. I think we'll stick with it. Thanks for the advice.

4 hours ago, minnie00 said:

if you are on Oasis size ship your spacious balcony will be midship on the hump. other ships not sure where you could be

I ended up cancelling the bid. I like the location of our room, I chose it for a reason. If I had the extra cash I would move up to a junior suite but I( hate that you don't get the extra points. I like Junior suites though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minnie00 said:

if you are on Oasis size ship your spacious balcony will be midship on the hump. other ships not sure where you could be

I think of that as the forward hump, the mid hump has the suites.

Hes on Anthem anyway

Is the 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre Suite a higher stateroom category than Star Loft?

I am currently booked in a CLS on the Harmony and just got a Royal Up offer. I was waiting for the offer to bid on the Star Loft. However, the minimum bid is $1300. The minimum bid for a 2 Bedroom ATS is $500.

The current selling price for the ATS is more than the Star Loft suite. I want to stay on deck 17 so no interest in the ATS but would have bid on the Loft for a bit over the minimum. I can’t figure out RC pricing methodology.

Just as odd is the person who receives the email. This time and with my last offer the 2nd passenger received the email. I am the on who paid and my email is on file for email confirmations, which I have received. The 2nd passenger wasn’t involved at all either time.

Brilliance Sailing to British West Isles

Diamond members received an offer just over a month prior to departure date for Royal Up.

JS min bid 400

GS min bid 900

Yesterday another guest on the same sailing, not a C&A member, received the same offer, a week from sailing.

My best guess is they release the offers to C&A members then when they don't get max offers they extend the offer to the masses in an attempt to maximize the bid.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Carvette212 said:

Brilliance Sailing to British West Isles

Diamond members received an offer just over a month prior to departure date for Royal Up.

JS min bid 400

GS min bid 900

Yesterday another guest on the same sailing, not a C&A member, received the same offer, a week from sailing.

My best guess is they release the offers to C&A members then when they don't get max offers they extend the offer to the masses in an attempt to maximize the bid.

Do know if anyone that bid was received an acceptance yet?

On 7/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, Host Clarea said:

Bob, I tried this for a cruise in mid-August, 25 days away.  I keep getting a message that either my name is incorrect or cruise is outside of 30 days.  Final payment was made and Set Sail pass is complete for Ovation on 8/9/19.  Any ideas why I am getting these messages?  

Is it possible that they are not offering any "royal up" on this cruise.

David   

1 hour ago, reverie4401 said:

Bob, I tried this for a cruise in mid-August, 25 days away.  I keep getting a message that either my name is incorrect or cruise is outside of 30 days.  Final payment was made and Set Sail pass is complete for Ovation on 8/9/19.  Any ideas why I am getting these messages?  

Is it possible that they are not offering any "royal up" on this cruise.

David   

Anything is possible with Royal IT.  I've not seen this particular error reported, so I cannot offer any suggestions, other than to try calling Crown & Anchor.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, minnie00 said:

For those who have been upgraded when did you find out? Not knowing when a big charge is coming is a little unnerving for me.....

I just got the email today that we got upgraded for our 8/11 cruise.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, crusinthrough said:

Is the 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre Suite a higher stateroom category than Star Loft?

I've seen the Star Lofts priced higher than the 2BR ATS most of the time when looking at cruises.  2BR ATS are so far away from the Suite Lounge and it seems a lot of people prefer the convenience of being by Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge a lot more.  

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Anything is possible with Royal IT.  I've not seen this particular error reported, so I cannot offer any suggestions, other than to try calling Crown & Anchor.

Thanks for the prompt response.  Also, both the 8/2/19 and 8/9/19 Ovation cruises no longer show on booking web sites.  That could be good (fully booked) or bad (a charter or drydock pending).  I will call Crown and Anchor this afternoon.  

Thanks again.

David

31 minutes ago, viper548 said:

I just got the email today that we got upgraded for our 8/11 cruise.

Would you be able to share details of your upgrade? Like what cabin you were in, what you bid for, how much you bid and whether those bids were regarded as good bids?

Thanks Muchly!

1 minute ago, kingcole said:

Would you be able to share details of your upgrade? Like what cabin you were in, what you bid for, how much you bid and whether those bids were regarded as good bids?

Thanks Muchly!

Freedom OTS.  6th deck balcony is what I had booked.  I put bids in for all of the upgrade options.  None were regarded as good.  I bid $210pp for JS and that got accepted.

39 minutes ago, viper548 said:

Freedom OTS.  6th deck balcony is what I had booked.  I put bids in for all of the upgrade options.  None were regarded as good.  I bid $210pp for JS and that got accepted.

Congrats.  I also cruise on 8/11 but 12 night Baltic... I am still waiting for a response 🤞

Sold Out cruise so I'm not holding my breath.

dp

Edited by dpostman

38 minutes ago, viper548 said:

How long before the acceptance had you placed your bid? May I ask what is your tier status is? I’m trying to figure out if there is any  connection between tier and offer acceptance. Thanks

6 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Congrats.  I also cruise on 8/11 but 12 night Baltic... I am still waiting for a response 🤞

Sold Out cruise so I'm not holding my breath.

dp

We haven’t heard anything, either. Have a JS, bid for a GS, so not very likely I’m sure.