RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Our cruise is in 2 days.  The choices were spacious balcony, junior suite and grand suite.  I bid max on JS and GS, nothing on spacious balcony. We are D+ and I don't care about the points.  Both still show pending, but having read through this thread,  I expect we will be staying in our regular balcony since it appears that only rejections are sent out this close to cruise date.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, Polomom said:

We just got the royal up email offering upgrades to Jr suite or Grand suite on our 11/18 Brilliance trip! It looks like there are no Jr suites available??? Why would they do this? There are many balconies still left ( which we currently have). Of course, we offered the minimum bid... doubt that we will get it though. It is still pretty far out for upgrades I think. 😏

We are on the sailing.  Do you recall when you received the email?  We usually  get the offers so I want to  go back to make sure I didn't miss the email.   We have a balcony guarantee so perhaps guarantee's are not part of the program.  

I hope your bid is accepted. 

Thanks and see you on board.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are on the sailing.  Do you recall when you received the email?  We usually  get the offers so I want to  go back to make sure I didn't miss the email.   We have a balcony guarantee so perhaps guarantee's are not part of the program.  

I hope your bid is accepted. 

Thanks and see you on board.

M

We got the email last thursday- the 19 th. 

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Are there any full suites available?

If so, its possible for an existing JS passenger to move to that freeing a JS.

I have seen one jr suite open occasionally (some days it is listed, others it is not)  and grand suite guarantee only. No other suites listed. I guess they do a good bit of moving around in the end. 

• Thanks 1

Received Royal Up emails today for our October Serenade sailing and our December Anthem sailing.  Serenade has shown sold out for a while, so not bothering with that one.  Plus, $1900 pp starting bid on the Royal Suite is nuts. 

Anthem on the other hand had decent starting bids and with Royal Suite Class, I have bid.  We are sea class already and could bid on GS, OS and Sky Loft Suite, all of which are Sky Class.  The FAQ says you don't get the promotions associated with the new cabin, but just want to confirm we get the benefits, specifically the Voom codes and CK for all three meals.  Is that still the case or has the program changed since we last bid in May?

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Received Royal Up emails today for our October Serenade sailing and our December Anthem sailing.  Serenade has shown sold out for a while, so not bothering with that one.  Plus, $1900 pp starting bid on the Royal Suite is nuts. 

Anthem on the other hand had decent starting bids and with Royal Suite Class, I have bid.  We are sea class already and could bid on GS, OS and Sky Loft Suite, all of which are Sky Class.  The FAQ says you don't get the promotions associated with the new cabin, but just want to confirm we get the benefits, specifically the Voom codes and CK for all three meals.  Is that still the case or has the program changed since we last bid in May?

Yes, you would get all the perks of whatever category to which you were upgraded.  Including the extra C&A points since you are already in a suite.

We are on allure sailing at the end of November. I received a “Royal up” email today. My questions are what is the realistic percentage of getting the best price? Also we now have an outside balcony and have never liked spending too much money on cabins since we spend very little time in our cabin. I thought it may be worth a couple hundred bucks for a junior suite if they get double points because I have been trying to get to Diamond plus....thoughts???

Just got the RoyalUp email for our December 1 cruise on adventure. We have a corner aft cabin on deck 10. I’m very happy with that cabin so I bid the minimum on a GS and the 2bd GS. The JS would be no better than what we already have. 

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Just got the RoyalUp email for our December 1 cruise on adventure. We have a corner aft cabin on deck 10. I’m very happy with that cabin so I bid the minimum on a GS and the 2bd GS. The JS would be no better than what we already have. 

I'm not bidding. I'm looking forward to the VP.

We could bid on GS, 2 bed GS, and OS

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Those VP’s look great. I’m hoping to get a chance to book one when the new schedules come out.

You'll have to come see ours in December 

Wings and White Zin included 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

So once we are within 30 day window I can login and bid?  No email yet for our 12/14 Symphony sailing.  

You can login and bid anytime. I put in my bid in July for my cruise this month.

I’n not surprised, but I got my notice of unsuccessful bid at 1:01 am. I had bid $605 pp (barely rated a “good” bid) to upgrade to a JS from a large balcony on our 10/3 Jewel 9-day Mediterranean cruise. .  (The JS were shown as fully booked when we made our original booking several months ago.).