RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

54 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Has anyone received an upgrade two or three days out?  Still holding Hope for Sunday.  :LOL!

We received an upgrade yesterday for the Allure sailing this Sunday.  Booked BW balcony about 6 weeks ago, offered ocean view balcony, spacious ocean view balcony, and JR suite.  We were confirmed yesterday in a JR Suite....our bid was "weak".  Overall total cost was roughly 60% of the cheapest JR suite rate.  We are very happy....THANK YOU Royal!!!

• Like 4

We’re in an owners suite and I bid on a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom suite. My kids are in an ocean view balcony. Does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade them with us to the new suite if we were to get it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just checked and I can bid on my March 15 Anthem cruise.

currently in an obstructed view balcony

Minimum Bids (per person)

oceanview balcony $50

oceanview large balcony $75

junior suite $250

grand suite $500

Grand suite large balcony $600

Bidding??

Just had an email for our 15th Feb Quantum cruise. We are in a JS and have been offered the following

Sky Loft suite £175pp

OS £175PP

2 bed GS £175pp

GS with large balcony £145pp

GS 1 bed £60pp

I've put in weak bids for Sky Loft and 1 bed GS but don't hold out much hope as none of these are currently showing as available to book on the website.

25 minutes ago, Tesam said:

We’re in an owners suite and I bid on a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom suite. My kids are in an ocean view balcony. Does anyone know if I would be able to upgrade them with us to the new suite if we were to get it? 

I do not believe that the second room can be integrated into the upgrade.

37 minutes ago, Tesam said:

No

The program is new to us since we haven't cruised since last December. We cruise usually once a year and are Diamond. Does C&A rank make any difference? We got an email today for our March 8 Anthem cruise. We are in a large balcony but have enjoyed suites previously for longer cruises. So we put in a couple of bids. Not sure about how this works really, but I don't want to read the entire thread.  The website shows suites are not available, so why do they offer the opportunity  to bid? Its a little confusing.

3 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

The program is new to us since we haven't cruised since last December. We cruise usually once a year and are Diamond. Does C&A rank make any difference? We got an email today for our March 8 Anthem cruise. We are in a large balcony but have enjoyed suites previously for longer cruises. So we put in a couple of bids. Not sure about how this works really, but I don't want to read the entire thread.  The website shows suites are not available, so why do they offer the opportunity  to bid? Its a little confusing.

C&A rank has no effect.

What you see as inventory on the public website may not be the full picture.

30 minutes ago, louv2000 said:

If we win our bid from Sky class to Star class do we get our pre-paid gratuities automatically refunded?

I would think so since it is a Star perk... I know when i bid on a star i factor that into the amount i will bid

sailing on NOS 1/24 in an ocean view balcony room.  Got the royal up offer to bid the following. I am totally content in the room we have given it's such a short trip (3 nights) but I did bid the minimum on all just for the heck of it.

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom

$355 USD per guest

Grand Suite

$200 USD per guest

Junior Suite

$100 USD per guest

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

$50 USD per guest

1 hour ago, ajklaw123 said:

Our cruise on rhapsody leaves tomorrow yet the bid on the JS still says pending. They should have sent a denial email by now. 

Our denial email was time stamped at 1am the day we were leaving.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That is very rare, like GTYs not assigned till you get to the pier. I don't recall anyone report a Royal Up bid win inside 3 days to go. Even if you find out further out, you may need to call RCI to reissue the luggage tags. Or, forget about printing them, and rely on the porter as @Host Clarea suggested.

Lots of folks on our roll call getting accepted today for our Sunday cruise.  Still hoping!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just checked and I can bid on my March 15 Anthem cruise.

currently in an obstructed view balcony

Minimum Bids (per person)

oceanview balcony $50

oceanview large balcony $75

junior suite $250

grand suite $500

Grand suite large balcony $600

Wow! Those are so much better than the rate options I have!  Do they ever update the amounts or additional room options from what they originally post? 

6 minutes ago, tvlworm said:

Wow! Those are so much better than the rate options I have!  Do they ever update the amounts or additional room options from what they originally post? 

The rates change but I don’t think the room options do.  

Funny thing is is that the rate I paid was around $600 pp for the balcony so if I were to bid they would be fantastic prices. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

From the same cabin type on the same sailing? The lower end cabin type usually have similar bid mins.

Similar to usual beach, we’re in the spring break window or at least spring break week for us in MN, sailing 1st of March but on Harmony.  We originally did an OV balcony gte, and are now assigned on deck 6 so too similar in cabin type. Our bid minimum for larger balcony OV is $150, GS is $700pp and owner suite starting is $900pp. 

7 hours ago, kernow said:

Just had an email for our 15th Feb Quantum cruise. We are in a JS and have been offered the following

Sky Loft suite £175pp

OS £175PP

2 bed GS £175pp

GS with large balcony £145pp

GS 1 bed £60pp

I've put in weak bids for Sky Loft and 1 bed GS but don't hold out much hope as none of these are currently showing as available to book on the website.

Same cruise in an Obstructed Balcony on Deck 6. My travel partner got an offer and can log in, but I can't with my name.

GS w/Large Balcony - 1br $260pp

GS - 1br $230pp

JS - $120pp

Large OV Balcony - $60pp

OV Balcony - $50pp

I'm tempted on the JS but the lack of double points kills it for me. GS isn't worth it since it's only 2 of us, no 2x points, and don't need the space.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Some people love joff but I’m not one of them .

Yes there’s are quite a few unsold cabins.

I haven’t seen you on the rollcall,it’s fairly active.

Will join the royal call. The meet up is normally really good.