Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

 

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

JS get an extra C&A point per night... same as Grand Suite and above... you will get 2 points per night regardless if you upgrade or not

Edited by Tulsacoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

 

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

 

You won't get the extra cruise points if you use RoyalUp to upgrade to a suite from a non-suite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrannyK said:

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

 

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

 

You get the points for the cabin you originally bought, so you bought a JS, so 2 points per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

You won't get the extra cruise points if you use RoyalUp to upgrade to a suite from a non-suite.

 

I said we already booked a JS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I got two "go aheads" from my post so I will go ahead and bid on the RoyalUp.  Just didn't want to loose my long awaited Diamond status over a bigger suite!  Thanks so much for your quick replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

I said we already booked a JS

 

Sorry, missed that.  Then you will get the extra C&A points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like last minute upgrades may be happening more often. We sail tomorrow on Mariner. When we left for the airport this morning we hadn’t heard so I assumed I would get my denial today but instead by the time we landed we got an upgrade that two days ago showed “unavailable “ I had a lower category showing pending so if I got one I expect that. Nice surprise for us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

Looks like last minute upgrades may be happening more often. We sail tomorrow on Mariner. When we left for the airport this morning we hadn’t heard so I assumed I would get my denial today but instead by the time we landed we got an upgrade that two days ago showed “unavailable “ I had a lower category showing pending so if I got one I expect that. Nice surprise for us!

 

The denial emails usually come anywhere from 1 am to 6 am the day of the cruise. Congrats!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 days out and no reply back yet.   Either way I’m happy. I’ll be on a boat.  Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nadinenurse1 said:

How frustrating so need to stop checking twice a day, eh

may just once a day 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FrannyK said:

I am still confused about the cruise points.  We are cruising next month and currently have a junior suite.  We will turn diamond on this cruise.  I just received a Royal Up email to bid on some higher category suites.  If I do that and end up getting a higher category suite do I only get 1 cruise point per night?  I have read this is the case but I am wondering since I already am booked in a JS with 2 points per night if I would keep them?

 

Could someone clear up my confusion?  I won't bid if it means we will not reach Diamond status getting only 1 point per night.

All suites are 2 points per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

may just once a day 😉

 

I don't bother to check.  The credit card I use sends an email each time it is charged without a credit card present.  So, if I get a cabin, AMEX will let me know before Royal does. 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthem leaving on 2/15 for 8 days Just got our bid accepted. Upgrade from guaranteed oceanview to 9th deck balcony for 105$ each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sail on Sunday on Liberty and we just got upgraded from an interior promenade view to an ocean view balcony.  Yesterday, the Spacious Ocean View Balcony bid said expired and the Ocean View Balcony said pending.  It was over 48 hours out and I could not change anything or cancel bids.  When I read these boards, it was really helpful to understand what was going on so I wanted to post our experience.  We were excited to be upgraded to the ocean view balcony since it is a 50th birthday cruise.  We bid over the minimum but still in the "weak" category.  When I priced it last week, they wanted $1600 more for a balcony so we saved a substantial amount off what we could have upgraded now for.  

Edited by KB Cruisin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Boyetter2013 said:

Anthem leaving on 2/15 for 8 days Just got our bid accepted. Upgrade from guaranteed oceanview to 9th deck balcony for 105$ each.

I have a bid on this trip - hopefully I will hear soon too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well looks like my cruise is sold out.  Can’t find it listed anywhere anymore.  
guess no upgrades for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tempted to say my bid was accepted going from a ocean view stateroom to a Grand Suite on Harmony for $200 bid ($400 total) just to hear people gasp 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

Well looks like my cruise is sold out.  Can’t find it listed anywhere anymore.  
guess no upgrades for us.  

I think Royal possible hold back some rooms for upgrades 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think Royal possible hold back some rooms for upgrades 

My TA said she checked and only room available was an inside cabin 

I’m traveling with my TA this trip and we both have bids in.  We’ll see I guess.  
pill keep ya posted.   15 days and counting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, RFerrington said:

You're going to love the Star Loft.  They are incredible suites.  The views are magnificent. Only bad thing is that you will be spoiled forever.  Let us know when your Genie contacts you and who it is.

 

BTW, which ship ?

I received our email yesterday. We have Marla. Have you had her before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tesam said:

I received our email yesterday. We have Marla. Have you had her before? 

Yippee !  No, I have not had Marla before. Sorry, I don’t know anything about her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, Ptroxx said:

17 days out and no reply back yet.   Either way I’m happy. I’ll be on a boat.  Lol. 

 

Ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

Ship.

We’re going on Capt Bobs boat from the ship.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...