Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

4 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I was told you can be notified right till the morning of departure for royal up offer being accepted.

Urban legend... 😉 

just kidding. I have not personally seen it or personally know someone that has happens to. Doesn't mean it has not

Edited by Tulsacoker

59 minutes ago, Tesam said:

We are on board right now and did a royal up to a Star Loft suite. Our adult son and his girlfriend are in their own room but our Genie has included them in our reservations for everything we’ve done. In our emails before we boarded I told her who we were traveling with and she said they would be included no problem. I hope you get your bid accepted this has been amazing!!!! 

I can see the included, but did they need to buy a dining pkg to eat with you outside of in room dining?

Are they allowed in the SL?

Got a RoyalUP for our Allure TA

594053164_STARRoyalUP.thumb.JPG.fa63a82fcb7fc27085fe08c95f188420.JPG

Interesting that the Owners Panoramic did not show up

41 minutes ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I was told you can be notified right till the morning of departure for royal up offer being accepted.

Not sure how that’s possible with getting the denial email at 6PM the night before. 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure how that’s possible with getting the denial email at 6PM the night before. 

I’m just going by what the Royal Rep told me when I asked after getting the offer

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I can see the included, but did they need to buy a dining pkg to eat with you outside of in room dining?

We had a similar situation (friends, not family) and while they were included in all of our reservations (when they wanted to be) they were charged for meals and drinks.  We never invited them into the CK or SL.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We went to Jamie’s Italian last night and were not charged for them. This morning we went to the suite restaurant for breakfast and they just sat us at a table for 4 no problem. They have their own drink package so we haven’t tried to buy them alcohol. 

15 minutes ago, Tesam said:

We went to Jamie’s Italian last night and were not charged for them. This morning we went to the suite restaurant for breakfast and they just sat us at a table for 4 no problem. They have their own drink package so we haven’t tried to buy them alcohol. 

Wow, didn't expect that. 

30 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That should not be happening.  

Honestly we paid a lot of money originally for a suite and ocean view balcony. Then paid a good additional amount for the Royal up.  Having our 2 children included in our experience is a minimal amount to the cruise line and hurts no other passengers. They have their own alcohol package so that doesn’t even come into play. A few meals and experiences are a nice touch for guests who have cruised with Royal Caribbean for almost 40 years. We have cruised in a regular cabin and a suite, we have cruised with a genie and without and I hope everyone who has genie or not has the best experience on their cruise. The genies are here to make our vacation truly special and ours has gone above and beyond to do just that. She is honestly the best. We are cruising with a group of 22 people and although she has only taken care of us the rest have met her and already fallen in love with her. She is fun, friendly, and very good at her job. I hope when you cruise in the future you are able to have a genie and share your good fortune with your family. 

47 minutes ago, Tesam said:I hope when you cruise in the future you are able to have a genie and share your good fortune with your family. 

We have sailed Star Class 7 times, including B2B SC cruises, and it would not occur to us to take advantage of either the SC program or the Genie in this way.  It doesn’t occur to you that this is cheating ?  I agree that allowing your family to be included in your plans is fine.  Reserved seats at the shows is hurting no one but free meals to which they are not entitled is not.  Sorry.

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We have sailed Star Class 7 times, including B2B SC cruises, and it would not occur to us to take advantage of either the SC program or the Genie in this way.  It doesn’t occur to you that this is cheating ?  I agree that allowing your family to be included in your plans is fine.  Reserved seats at the shows is hurting no one but free meals to which they are not entitled is not.  Sorry.

We are travelling with 3 people in an 8 person suite in March. Maybe I can 'adopt' a few new friends and have them tag along to Izumi.😉

Just kidding

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

It’s not on them tho. Their Genie included them, so that is her call to make. So if she added them, then the problem is not the cruisers. How can you get upset at the cruiser about this when it’s not even in their control? It’s the Genie making this all happen. A Genie’s job is to literally make sure you have the best cruise possible, so clearly this is what she was doing. No harm no foul on part of the cruiser, plus you know the Genie got the ok from her boss.

15 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Urban legend... 😉 

just kidding. I have not personally seen it or personally know someone that has happens to. Doesn't mean it has not

Would be interesting to hear from anyone one on this thread that received that final day upgrade.  

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We didn’t ask for the free meals and were surprised when there wasn’t a charge. We had lunch at Jamie’s the first day and dinner the last two nights in the dining room. We go to Izumi tonight for dinner and may be charged and will gladly pay it but if they don’t charge us I will again be grateful to Royal Caribbean for our good fortune and if anyone else is as fortunate as us I will be happy for them. 

9 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

well we're less than two weeks out and it's still "pending so I hope that's a good sign.

Image result for magic 8 ball

We got an upgrade about 10 days out from our last cruise on Harmony. I had to call and get the eDocs refreshed.

The weird (inconvenient, but not vacation ruining) thing is that when we tried to book our UDP reservations, we gave them our room number and they kept insisting that there were 4 of us when there were only 2.  Our Seapass cards did not show up, as the ones placed in the envelope outside the door were for (what I assume is) the previous occupants that were going to be in that room.  We had to go to Guest Services and get our Seapass cards printed, then go back and get our soda cups because they were not in the room either.

The funny thing is, once we thought we had squared everything away, every single restaurant we went to wanted to sit us at a table for 4 and asked us where the other two were. We had to once again (every evening) explain that we received an upgrade through RoyalUp and our ghost friends were following us throughout the cruise.

While it did detract a little, we tried to laugh it off.  On the positive side, we had two extra Seapass cards in the room so that we could use theirs to turn on the lights and not accidentally leave ours in the room.

It was a nice vacation/upgrade, but I'm not convinced the weird issues caused by the last minute shuffling was really worth it.  I really don't like having to visit Guest Services if I can help it.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We are travelling with 3 people in an 8 person suite in March. Maybe I can 'adopt' a few new friends and have them tag along to Izumi.😉

Where do I sign up for that "adoption" please?😉😊

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Where do I sign up for that "adoption" please?😉😊

Are you on the Allure TA🤔

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just kidding

Im quite adoptable 🤣🤣 I could be your new favourite niece from Canada 🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you on the Allure TA🤔

No😥
Unless Uncle John and Auntie LaLa are taking me! LOL!😁

Edited by Arzeena

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just kidding

I'm packed and ready to go😇

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm packed and ready to go😇

It was on the GGG sale last week

BTW, it only cost $850 or so to add our adult son as a 3rd berth. The perks alone are worth north of $1500

Edited by John&LaLa