RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For those interested, these were the starting upgrade prices for Adventure in July.  Original cabin was a 2D balcony. 

8B25840D-3B07-45A0-B3A8-36999BFEBF95.jpeg

Those starting prices are really low.........surprised must be alot of cabins still available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

June 12, 19 and 26, 2021 from a 2B Spacious Ocean View Balcony.

image.thumb.png.4a16801627a6fc3524a05a1d593f5527.png

Thank you so much for sharing this info — we are debating the various options of cococay cabana vs royal up bid, and this really helps flesh out our potential cost/value concept 

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, spammie said:

I am currently booked in a JS on Adventure - August 28th.  When do they generally offer the Royal Up?  Thank you.  

In the past, we received one about 60 days out, another about 45, and yet another at about 30 days out.  The one that was 60 days out, we bumped up from a JS to a GS.  That was a really nice vacation, since it was 9 nights.  Ahh, the good old days, when we were allowed to cruise.  😃  Hope those are back for good. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spammie said:

I am currently booked in a JS on Adventure - August 28th.  When do they generally offer the Royal Up?  Thank you.  

Somewhere in the thread is a link to check yourself. That might not activate until 30 days out, I forget. It's been a long time

4 hours ago, spammie said:

I'm on the August 7th cruise, currently in an balcony guarantee, and I got the email today. Options for upgrades range from spacious balcony to grand suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been stalking out this forum for a bit now and I must say it has been very helpful!

Just putting a few observations here (for the next clueless cruiser that comes along)

1. Do make multiple bids on different kinds of staterooms! I made 3 different bids across JS, GS 1 BR and GS 2 BR! 

2. I noticed that my bids on the GS went from “Pending” to “Expired” whilst my bid on the JS could no longer be modified or cancelled. From what I gathered on this forum, this is a good thing! So take heart when this happens, more likely than not, an upgrade is on its way! This happened about 8 days from our sail date and we got the confirmation email about 2 days later! See point 4 below!

3. I bid fairly moderate on this occasion… I can no longer remember what the starting bid was, but I ended up being quite close to half the meter! Anyway for completeness, I booked 2 separate rooms and bidded on both of them separately… and we got 2 upgrades to JS. Both for the same price!

4. Last but not least, leaving the screenshot of the very sweet email that came in 6 days before we were due to sail! 

I hope this offered some light or at least some inspiration to try for the Royal Up! Thanks guys for the entertaining read of 197 pages worth of combined experience!

Take care always!

7B546692-9113-4DD8-B3E4-E68664D1F2AF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello,

I am giving RoyalUP a try for the first time right now.  There is ALMOST every category above mine available right now, likely due to the limited capacity they are sailing at right now (but who knows what that is?).

When I have spoke with RCL about it, they have said that as long as my bid is still above the "minimum bid", then I have not been out bid for the available rooms.

There is a lot of pages to dig through on here but I did not see that specifically mentioned for those that still monitor if they are still above the minimum bid.

Has anyone lost when they were above the current min bid?

Thanks all!

2 hours ago, Dustinpm said:

Hello,

I am giving RoyalUP a try for the first time right now.  There is ALMOST every category above mine available right now, likely due to the limited capacity they are sailing at right now (but who knows what that is?).

When I have spoke with RCL about it, they have said that as long as my bid is still above the "minimum bid", then I have not been out bid for the available rooms.

There is a lot of pages to dig through on here but I did not see that specifically mentioned for those that still monitor if they are still above the minimum bid.

Thanks all!

Typically, the categories aren’t all available, RCI is just hedging their bets with potential cancellations. Some may be available, others could have a last minute cancellation. I say this because our JS upgrade thru RoyalUp had ‘welcome aboard’ info in it the first night for Pinnacles. I hoped they were okay, after having to cancel last minute.

We’ve won twice. One was a bid about $100 above minimum for the JS I just mentioned. Found out the day of the cruise.  The other was just below the midpoint on the price range for a GS. Found out two weeks ahead. Really wanted the GS, so bid more aggressively. Still more than $1200 less than the least expensive price for the GS over the year we were booked before sailing. And others I know bid low for the GS on the same cruise and didn’t get one.  

I have bid low, but not minimum, at least 3 other times, and didn’t win. 🙂 

Good luck!  It’s so exciting to get the ‘you won’ email. 😁

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dustinpm said:

Pre COVID several posters reported not winning with a max bid. In this era of ships sailing less than 1/2 full there's far from any kind of pattern established but chances are likely much  better with lower bid amounts. 

• Thanks 1

51 days out until our capacity reached Mariner cruise and no Royal Up offer and can't get one yet using the link on the website.  The only category I would bid on is the VP and I don't see them offered on any of the above.  Wondering if they would be on there since there are only 2 of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

51 days out until our capacity reached Mariner cruise and no Royal Up offer and can't get one yet using the link on the website.  The only category I would bid on is the VP and I don't see them offered on any of the above.  Wondering if they would be on there since there are only 2 of them.

VP was offered on mine... but I did not get it.  I'd say if it is offered on yours (offers come about 30 days prior to sailing) I'd suggest bidding the most as I'm sure they go quickly    Good luck

5 minutes ago, LindaO said:

VP was offered on mine... but I did not get it.  I'd say if it is offered on yours (offers come about 30 days prior to sailing) I'd suggest bidding the most as I'm sure they go quickly    Good luck

Thanks  The last cruise I took before the world shut down was on the Mariner in that cabin.  Liked it a lot.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Awesome accommodation 👍

Pretty sure you need to be booked in JS first 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I see some promising news from this thread that I may be getting an upgrade. I’ve checked everyday in the past 2 weeks. Our Alaskan cruise leaves Aug 27th out of Seattle. 

1. I bid on GS, GS w/ large balcony, and Grand Suite 2br

2. About 2-3 weeks ago my first two room choices went to expired and the 2br GS was still pending. Also I couldn’t cancel or adjust my bid. 

3. As of tonight the status of the 2br GS went to Upgrade    Unavailable. Makes me think the “Unavailable” part is them telling me they haven’t assigned me a room. (See attached)

I will update this forum with what actually happens. Fingers crossed I get the 2br!

891C5F4C-AADF-43B5-AC2E-D346EAFFD30C.jpeg

• Like 2