RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

15 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Anyone know if a cruiser gets the double points for a suite in this new program?  Only asking because a friend, a while back, upgraded to a junior suite through a travel agent promotion.   He ( the travel agent ) traveling solo, only received double points rather than triple for a junior suite.  Has Royal said anything about Crown and Anchor points?  Just wondering.  My sister just got an email for a junior suite on Anthem in March.

RoyalUP FAQs specifically state no double C&A points for moving from a non-suite to a suite.  

As far as his recent cruise, special promotional fares for travel agents can be tricky.  Buried in the terms and conditions of C&A it does state that certain fares are not eligible for the double/triple bonus.  

Or it could be the system didn't properly apply the triple and a simple phone call will fix it.  As a solo cruiser myself they sometimes get it right and sometime they do not.  My last cruise was solo in a JS.  Points were calculated properly.  A couple cruises ago as a solo in a JS the triple didn't get applied.  A phone call fixed it.  It wouldn't hurt for him to call and politely ask.  Worst case is they inform him that because of the TA promo he isn't eligible for the bonus points.

I don't think I've seen this listed in the past 12 pages, but one aspect of this is also it allows RCCL to capture data on what people are willing to pay for different categories.  Its a great market data gathering tool which can explain possibly the sold out sailings still getting the emails to see what people are willing to bid on upgrades.

2 minutes ago, ravenone said:

I don't think I've seen this listed in the past 12 pages, but one aspect of this is also it allows RCCL to capture data on what people are willing to pay for different categories.  Its a great market data gathering tool which can explain possibly the sold out sailings still getting the emails to see what people are willing to bid on upgrades.

I thought the same thing.

• Like 1

Weren't there people boarding this weekend that were bidding?  I would think if someone won they would hear by today.                   

I think a lot of people are bidding on cabins that don't exist

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Weren't there people boarding this weekend that were bidding?  I would think if someone won they would hear by today. 

There was one poster who claimed to have been upgraded (a few pages back) but have not heard back from them - they may have mistook the bid acknowledgement for the upgrade. A good indication of an upgrade would be the charge on your CC.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There was one poster who claimed to have been upgraded (a few pages back) but have not heard back from them - they may have mistook the bid acknowledgement for the upgrade. A good indication of an upgrade would be the charge on your CC.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yeah I saw that and also figured that was just their bid confirmation

Edited by molly361

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Absolutely I believe my bids for next week are solely there in case something opens up unexpectedly.  That happens quite a bit.  When you have thousands of guests there are often cases where someone makes a last minute change of plans.   

Under the current cancelation policy though, there is no reason to tell Royal you need to cancel last minute.  If you can't make it in the final weeks before sailing you are better off not cancelling with Royal in case of a rare event that requires Royal to cancel or modify a cruise and offer refunds or FCC.  

However not everyone on a cruise is a member of, or active on CC.  It's possible someone did win a cabin today but we'll never know because they don't use CC.   

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Agree with you 100%.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Absolutely I believe my bids for next week are solely there in case something opens up unexpectedly.  That happens quite a bit.  When you have thousands of guests there are often cases where someone makes a last minute change of plans.   

Under the current cancelation policy though, there is no reason to tell Royal you need to cancel last minute.  If you can't make it in the final weeks before sailing you are better off not cancelling with Royal in case of a rare event that requires Royal to cancel or modify a cruise and offer refunds or FCC.  

However not everyone on a cruise is a member of, or active on CC.  It's possible someone did win a cabin today but we'll never know because they don't use CC.   

You mean the other 98% of Royals customers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maryjaden said:

I bid on the OS for $200 pp (max amount). We are currently in a GS.  This is less than half what it would be to upgrade via RCL.  I am still kicking around putting a bid in on the RS even though it is currently sold out.

Sounds like the lottery

If you dont play you dont win

Odds might be the same😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

We cruise Sunday and I bid, so I should hear by tomorrow.  I will let you all know either way.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

Nope - not a mistake. We are in the Aquamarine Suite on December 3. I received confirmation on the same day as I bid.

Aquarium?

I thought you were on MJ?

What AQ Suite leaves on a Monday? 

Edited by John&LaLa

On 11/28/2018 at 8:27 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, I think so too but they won’t be as common and maybe offered early on.  Then let the bidding begin, there are no friends at an auction. 

Or they'll just assign them a lot earlier to allow the bidding to happen. NCL has their sailaway rates that are always GTY but often move categories with small inventory into GTY all the time. 

Put in a bid yesterday on a cruise that is 60 days from now.

How early will I know if the bid was accepted, or is it like they say just a day or two before the sailing date?

From what I see on this thread it is very unpredictable.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

1 hour ago, mringenoldus said:

Nope - not a mistake. We are in the Aquamarine Suite on December 3. I received confirmation on the same day as I bid.

You sure it wasn't a confirmation of your bid?    I was under the impression they don't close the bids until 24 hours.  I also bid on our cruise Sunday, and I received a "confirmation" of my bid on the same day, but it's not the "winning bid" .   

13 minutes ago, sdear said:

I was under the impression they don't close the bids until 24 hours.  

Like a GTY booking assignment, the bid can be accepted anytime between the bid time and 24 hrs out.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1