RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, do I remember hearing correctly if bidding is available for your cruise, you get email notification.   Any examples of how far ahead?

At the start folks were getting them around 3 months out but now it seems like they are coming out even closer to the cruise date

Just now, molly361 said:

At the start folks were getting them around 3 months out but now it seems like they are coming out even closer to the cruise date

Thanks for that, I'll keep an extra close eye on my email and spam folders. 

We have not received any Royal up email either and I have spoken to people on my sailings and many did....not sure if it's because I use a TA for my bookings. Everyone I spoke with was booked directly thru Royal. Is there a sign up place...I get 5-7 emails a week from Royal now....

We booked through a TA for Feb 17 Liberty of the Seas. Received our offer the beginning of January and bid on Balcony, Jr Suite, and Jr Panoramic suite.

No word yet. All categories above Oceanview show sold out on website.

2 hours ago, mishapsandmissy said:

Same here, for the same sailing date. Submitted offers that are still listed as pending. Booking was done through our TA.

Hey girl! I also got the upsell letter from RCI! Maybe you can move up, so DH and I can have yours!! LOL!! Made the booking myself on-line, if anyone wants to know!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, wwcruisers said:

When it comes to the inherent silliness of this program, I can even top this. We booked a truly last-minute 'family cruise' on Indy, for next month. We snagged one of the last JS's, and got a nearby inside cabin for our son and his family. He called me yesterday, saying that he had received an e-mail from RC, encouraging him to put in a bid for a higher grade cabin. That same morning, I had pulled up our cruise and it showed 'sold-out' in EVERY category, except for 'inside guarantee'. I told my DS not to waste his time or energy, because (from what I could see at least) there was nothing on the ship to upgrade TO.:classic_wacko:

I really think you don’t understand the system. You will never have the ability to see last minute cancellations. One last minute suite cancellation would then open up the 5 levels below, bc Esch cabin could be moved up one tier. 6 people could get upgrades. So instead of one free upgrade as in the past. They move 5 cabins, make money and have 5 happy cabins. 

17 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I really think you don’t understand the system. You will never have the ability to see last minute cancellations. One last minute suite cancellation would then open up the 5 levels below, bc Esch cabin could be moved up one tier. 6 people could get upgrades. So instead of one free upgrade as in the past. They move 5 cabins, make money and have 5 happy cabins. 

But that would have happened in the old upsell program as well. Every upgrade frees up the original cabin.  This just automates it

19 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Correct. Computer based algorithms are probably quicker and more efficient. And I wasn’t aware they ever had an advanced upsell system. 

Why wouldn't they 🤔

I've  been upgraded from JS to GS twice.  I know my JS did not go empty.  I guess they could have sold the JS outright. That might net more money than a trickle up program. 😉 Hard to say.