RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was just commenting on some other recent sailings that banished the D+ to the DL. 

Seems to be dependent on the number of D+ and PC aboard.  Her sailing is a couple before the TA.  Might be some multi leg passengers aboard 

I am fine with whatever lounge, it's not a deal breaker, trust me.  I really, really enjoy the D lounge if there is room to sit and socialize. If not, I'll go to a bar and use my drink vouchers.     

12 hours ago, frank808 said:

Not if you are sailing solo and d+.  Unless the extra room is needed.  But that us my take on it and it would be $400 more for a JS so about 33% upcharge for more room. If it was triple points and getting close to P status I might consider it.

Exactly however, I have all my cruises booked to get to Pinnacle.  If I did get the triple points it would screw up the ship/sailing that we have planned for next year.  If it changed, we would have some upset friends who have booked and plan on celebrating with us. So, I'm passing on it but hope that we get more Royal Up emails for the sailing's I'll sail with my husband.  We're  booked in all JS but he really does enjoy sailing in GS and above.   I would be happy to pay a small fee to make him happy.

Edited by Colorado Babe

It's so interesting watching how this plays out. We booked an inside GTY last week for the 3/29 Jewel TA from Miami to Rome for $508pp plus tax. It must have been the last inside GTY because it went to sold out right after we booked. Balconies were around $1450pp after that, with quite a bit of inventory left there. Roll call posts indicate emails went out the other day, and now inside GTY is back open at $508pp again. It's such a fascinating pricing model. Keep moving people up and then bring more in at the bottom. We are not assigned yet. Very willing to get an email, RCI, hit me up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to bid a minimum on an upgrade to ensure you keep getting offers in your email box. 🤔

I have one offer so far, but none since.  Did not bid. 

Don't you like to pick your stateroom location? 

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I am fine with whatever lounge, it's not a deal breaker, trust me.  I really, really enjoy the D lounge if there is room to sit and socialize. If not, I'll go to a bar and use my drink vouchers.     

On thing great is the overflow into VCL is open the past 2 sailings so there is more room.  Those chairs in VCL are a lot more comfortable than the ones in CL.  Plus there has been 3 waiters at least in DL so service has been good.  

This sailing there are 275 D, 263 D+ and 43 P members so it is a pretty top tier heavy.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, frank808 said:

On thing great is the overflow into VCL is open the past 2 sailings so there is more room.  Those chairs in VCL are a lot more comfortable than the ones in CL.  Plus there has been 3 waiters at least in DL so service has been good.  

This sailing there are 275 D, 263 D+ and 43 P members so it is a pretty top tier heavy.

I think it will thin out in mid February and March, then pick up prior to the TA.

3 minutes ago, twccruiser said:

Did anyone get updated luggage tags? The new receipt I was e-mailed and the edocs online both still have the old deck and room.

You have to contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to request Royal to regenerate your cruise docs.  This takes a day or so.

1 hour ago, twccruiser said:

I am sailing on Majesty tomorrow at 4PM EST and just received my bid acceptance (today the day before) from a ocean view to a Jr Suite at 12:07PM EST.

Well, at least that's better than a real GTY booking where you get no feedback and have to keep looking in the planner for an assignment.

Now,

if they upped the points for Owners and above. That would make the bidding wart start.

Broom cupboard to balcony 1 point per night

JS to GS 2 points

OS and above 3 points.

That seems like more value for money and worth bidding for

Do they think those who book Star Class doesn't need points

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You have to contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to request Royal to regenerate your cruise docs.  This takes a day or so.

Yikes, I booked my cruise myself and the ship leaves tomorrow at 4. I guess I'll just figure it out at the port (which could be very costly of time on a Cuba itinerary). 

6 minutes ago, twccruiser said:

Yikes, I booked my cruise myself and the ship leaves tomorrow at 4. I guess I'll just figure it out at the port (which could be very costly of time on a Cuba itinerary). 

The porters will have tags - you already know the cabin number, just have them write it on one of their tags. You don't really need the rest of the docs.

We are 11 days out from our sailing on Allure and I got another ROYAL UP email this morning, offering aqua suites on down.    Would they send an email if the rooms weren't available?     This close to sailing I'd be very surprised if Aqua Suites were still available.

In any event, we are happy with our Spacious Ocean View Balcony, and don't intend to bid.    Just curious.

Edited by zdad59

I understand that rooms will often open up during the week before the cruise.  A bidder is like a person on standby.  If the room opens up, there is someone standing by to take it.  I imagine there is then a ripple effect as balcony moves to jr suite an inside might move to a balcony.  

7 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Exactly however, I have all my cruises booked to get to Pinnacle.  If I did get the triple points it would screw up the ship/sailing that we have planned for next year.  If it changed, we would have some upset friends who have booked and plan on celebrating with us. So, I'm passing on it but hope that we get more Royal Up emails for the sailing's I'll sail with my husband.  We're  booked in all JS but he really does enjoy sailing in GS and above.   I would be happy to pay a small fee to make him happy.

We meet some folks last week who made Pinnacle on one cruise but didn't have the recognition/celebration  until a later cruise  because they had friends already booked to celebrate  on the  upcoming cruise.  If I understood her correctly, she took an unexpected  cruise or two or took one solo and it messed up her numbers. 

BYW - any royal up  upgrade does not provide additional points.    So, you would not get triple points unless you had originally booked a solo JS.  Congrats   on your upcoming Pinnacle status.  

M

On 2/5/2019 at 8:29 AM, er345 said:

Just an FYI: We received our upgrade bid option about 5 weeks before our March 2nd Symphony Cruise. Since this ship was overpriced to begin with I guess it’s not surprising that the upgrade bids are much higher than what others are reporting.

I already have a 1D outside balcony. I believe we paid about $3,600 for the room with tax and fees.

These are the minimum bids:

Junior Suite from $300 pp

Grand Suite from $700 pp

Owner’s Suite from $1,100 pp

Crown Loft Suite from $1,100 pp

Aquatheater - 1 Bedroom from $1,400 pp

Aquatheater - 2 Bedroom from $1,600 pp

For example, if I go to bid on a Grand Suite the maximum bid is $2,400 pp, so $700 is shown as a weak bid. I will not be upgrading this cruise.  Someday I would love to try the sky class suite experience but on a more reasonably priced ship.

We just received our bid as well for our Harmony cruise April 7, and our minimum bids are much closer to yours.  We have 4 in an oceanview balcony and I think we paid around $3400 originally.  Our minimum bids are:

Junior suite:  $340/pp

Grand Suite:  $720/pp

Owner's Suite:  $1250/pp

Crown Loft:  $1265

1 BR Aquatheater:  $1580

2 BR Aquatheater:  $1700

Not sure if we will bid or not.  Probably not.

7 minutes ago, jimandami said:

We just received our bid as well for our Harmony cruise April 7, and our minimum bids are much closer to yours.  We have 4 in an oceanview balcony and I think we paid around $3400 originally.  Our minimum bids are:

Junior suite:  $340/pp

Grand Suite:  $720/pp

Owner's Suite:  $1250/pp

Crown Loft:  $1265

1 BR Aquatheater:  $1580

2 BR Aquatheater:  $1700

Not sure if we will bid or not.  Probably not.

I'd bid the min on that 2 bedroom ATS