RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I think you still need to be invited for that link to work.  I put our May reservation number in there yesterday and it did not work.  We received a RoyalUp email today and now when I put our name and booking number into that link the offer appears

Just now, molly361 said:

I think you still need to be invited for that link to work.  I put our May reservation number in there yesterday and it did not work.  We received a RoyalUp email today and now when I put our name and booking number into that link the offer appears

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it might have been a way to "invite" ourselves.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it might have been a way to "invite" ourselves.

Was just going to edit my post.  Guess we need someone that is sailing within 30 days and who has NOT received a RoyalUp offer to enter their info and see what happens

50 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

There is a link on the RCCL website

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade

Enter name and reservation number to see if you are eligible for an upgrade. It is under "What is the Royal Up Program"

Thanks Danitrolind. This is the link I was talking about.  However I still don’t understand how some people outwith the 30 days have been able to bid. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔

Edited by Issyalex

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That seems new, I must have missed it.

Someone on our cruise in May recently accessed it and bid for the Adventure cruise we are on. She had not received the invite. Of course, maybe it went to her junk mail, who knows. 🙂

Didnt know about it either.  No one else in our group had seen it before. 

Edited by barbeyg

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

Someone on our cruise in May just accessed it and bid for the Adventure cruise we are on. 

Didnt know about it either.  No one else in our group had seen it before. 

Was this a person that had NOT received an offer to bid?

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Was this a person that had NOT received an offer to bid?

Molly, she said she didn’t, but maybe it went to her junk mail, or the other passenger. She said she bid thru that link. This is a private group in the social media site that shall go unnamed. 

• Thanks 1

I am currently booked in early July for Ovation of the Seas on a cruise to Alaska.  We currently have a Grand Loft Suite booked for 2 adults and 2 kids which is already star class.  I received a royal up offer from RCC for a Royal Suite today in my email.  The bid goes up to $5K which would be $10k for the two people.  No way I am going to bid that much.  But I was wondering what would be a reasonable bid for something like this?   Since the Royal suite can sleep up to 6 is it possible to invite 2 more people to go on the cruise with us?

Thanks,

Jacads

I am currently booked in early July for Ovation of the Seas on a cruise to Alaska.  We currently have a Grand Loft Suite booked for 2 adults and 2 kids which is already star class.  I received a royal up offer from RCC for a Royal Suite today in my email.  The bid goes up to $5K which would be $10k for the two people.  No way I am going to bid that much.  But I was wondering what would be a reasonable bid for something like this?   Since the Royal suite can sleep up to 6 is it possible to invite 2 more people to go on the cruise with us?

Thanks,

Jacads

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes

Done

Just did a test.  Dan's last name is different from mine.  I put his name and our booking number and it got rejected.  I put in my name (the offer came addressed to me) on that link and the offer popped up so apparently you DO need to have been solicited for it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Done

Just did a test.  Dan's last name is different from mine.  I put his name and our booking number and it got rejected.  I put in my name (the offer came addressed to me) on that link and the offer popped up so apparently you DO need to have been solicited for it

Thanks for checking. 

Good value- yay or nay? 

$400 pp to Royal Up from accessible CLS to 2 bdr aquasuite or $800 pp to go up to Star Loft from the CLS. 

Help me decide if it's worth it!! We've never done any of these. Four of us traveling.  

31 minutes ago, jacads said:

But I was wondering what would be a reasonable bid for something like this?   Since the Royal suite can sleep up to 6 is it possible to invite 2 more people to go on the cruise with us?

You'd have to determine the bid amount but you might find out that you can't add anyone due to muster station for that section being full.

41 minutes ago, sonogal said:

Good value- yay or nay? 

$400 pp to Royal Up from accessible CLS to 2 bdr aquasuite or $800 pp to go up to Star Loft from the CLS. 

Help me decide if it's worth it!! We've never done any of these. Four of us traveling.  

Definitely worth the upgrade for either one.  Both will put you into star class.  Personally the 2 bedroom is a better option for four people.   

On 1/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, cruisegirl1976 said:

Ok.. help.. I am interested in this Royal UP and I am just finding out about it.. my cruise isn't until Next Feb 2020, and I booked it directly with RCL, will I get an email?.. or do I need to contact them to let them know I am interested? Thanks in advance 🙂

you can check directly on the royalC  website. I found it through the FAQ. I plugged my name and booking number in and it said I had to wait until 30 days from sailing. But I plugged my husbands (different last name) in and he was able to bid right away. we bid on GS even though the website says sold out for that cat.

I really wish it gave double cruise points, this next cruise in our balcony will put us at 29... so double points would totally boost us up a level

Edited by cccult
extra info

6 hours ago, Issyalex said:

We are booked on Independence 1st June 2019 but when I tried the Royal up link it wouldn’t let me on as it states I’m not within the 30 days prior to sailing category!  However I’ve noticed people on this thread have been notified more than 60 days before they cruise, but have noticed they are all US residents. Does this mean us UK cruisers have to wait to see what, if any, is left? 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I think it's a random selection. I checked my name and got the 30 day message but check my husband, different last name and he was able to bid. I've read other people had the same luck with same room/different last names.

Just now, cccult said:

I think it's a random selection. I checked my name and got the 30 day message but check my husband, different last name and he was able to bid. I've read other people had the same luck with same room/different last names.

Did he receive an email offer to bid?  

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Did he receive an email offer to bid?  

no. he doesn't even give his email to them. (or anyone) we use my email for his C&A. I never got email for either of us. just figured I'd check.

25 minutes ago, cccult said:

no. he doesn't even give his email to them. (or anyone) we use my email for his C&A. I never got email for either of us. just figured I'd check.

Gotta love the ‘consistency’ of RCI. 😂

27 minutes ago, cccult said:

Sometimes the emails end up in the Spam folder