RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

7 hours ago, fsjosh said:

At that point, I'd almost call, ask for a supervisor and try to negotiate. Hey, I may not be coming and don't want to lose everything. If I cancel now, you can make a whole lot more Royal Upping my room. If I just no show, you can't sell it. How about some FCC here? lol

And Yes, I know it wouldn't work. 

I'm contemplating asking Royal if they want my A2 back for Allure TA.  I just want my full deposit back.  If not, I'll sit on it till final

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:29 AM, fsjosh said:

At that point, I'd almost call, ask for a supervisor and try to negotiate. Hey, I may not be coming and don't want to lose everything. If I cancel now, you can make a whole lot more Royal Upping my room. If I just no show, you can't sell it. How about some FCC here? lol

And Yes, I know it wouldn't work. 

They will just bingo it.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm contemplating asking Royal if they want my A2 back for Allure TA.  I just want my full deposit back.  If not, I'll sit on it till final

You should get your full deposit back minus the $100 pp NRD part.  But the rest of your deposit will be in the form of an FCC.  We've done it and no problem.  Just added it another cruise... so many to add to!!:classic_biggrin:

Edited by torpeedo

We are on Allure May 12...Got my Royal Up email 2 weeks ago and decided to bid on JS and Ultra Balcony.

Have not heard anything so I assume they will not be accepted...mainly because I believe the cruise is now sold out  because alot of the former Oasis cruisers are booked with us now.

2 hours ago, torpeedo said:

You should get your full deposit back minus the $100 pp NRD part.  But the rest of your deposit will be in the form of an FCC.  We've done it and no problem.  Just added it another cruise... so many to add to!!:classic_biggrin:

Yea, I know that, but there is no incentive for me to move the deposit before final payment. 

On the other hand, does Royal want to miss out on 9 months of sales opportunity on a very expensive suite. 🤔

On 4/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, Issyalex said:

Royal up email received today for Independence of the seas, 1st June, 14 night. I’m in a promenade view cabin at present. Bids start from.......

£55 for spacious interior and same for oceanview,

£200 for oceanview balcony.

£300 for spacious balcony. 

We received our Royal Up email today. Min £310 for balcony from ocean View, seven nights on Rhapsody. Would be nice but min of £620 total is, a lot of money so I think I'll pass

I jut got the email regarding a bid process to Royal Up.  I have only cruised with Royal once before , I normally cruise Celebrity.  I always book Aqua on Celebrity for the separate dining venue. I offered a bid for $1400 for a grand suite (7 day-2 people) which it  stated was fair offer . I am wondering if the "perks" are worth this price since they have no speciality dining venue.  Can anyone offer insight to this?  Cheers!  I have a Superior balcony currently. 

Edited by whatyouknowsays

35 minutes ago, whatyouknowsays said:

I jut got the email regarding a bid process to Royal Up.  I have only cruised with Royal once before , I normally cruise Celebrity.  I always book Aqua on Celebrity for the separate dining venue. I offered a bid for $1400 for a grand suite (7 day-2 people) which it  stated was fair offer . I am wondering if the "perks" are worth this price since they have no speciality dining venue.  Can anyone offer insight to this?  Cheers!  I have a Superior balcony currently. 

If you are sailing  on an Oasis or Quantum class ship you will get access to Coastal Kitchen.  Nothing on th3 rest of the ship classes. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

My wife and I are on the June 16 Harmony 7 night sailing. This will be our 4th RC Cruise but first time trying the RoyalUP program. I booked JS (we loved it last time), and I have a RoyalUP email for 1B ATS, CL, OS, and GS. The min bid amounts seem really high, but we are intrigued nevertheless. ATS min bid is $1100pp. CL $900pp. OS $800pp. GS $500pp. Looking for some advice from someone who has stayed in a JS and also one of these to compare the difference in overall experience to me. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, sgmn said:

We received our Royal Up email today. Min £310 for balcony from ocean View, seven nights on Rhapsody. Would be nice but min of £620 total is, a lot of money so I think I'll pass

OMG that’s expensive for 7 nights. No wonder you passed. My Royal up bids were lower for a 14 night cruise. 

I believe the answer is yes, and I am in the same situation. The reason I say you can, is because before we bought the key for my wife and I, we had purchased VOOM internet separately,  but when we bought the key, I was able to cancel the VOOM and they refunded my CC for it. 

• Like 1

Good Morning and a "Happy" Rainy Monday Morning from Chicago!

I was winding my weekend down yesterday evening when I saw an email come through from Royal Caribbean, which happened to be - THAT email... 

Went over the different options with DW, as we have a cruise booked this summer on the Adventure of the Seas in a Junior Suite, and figured based on what we paid for the room when we booked it last year, there really isn't a bad option for a bid.  We have 4 of us in a Junior Suite, and if I read it correctly, our upgrade bid would only be based on the first 2 guests - so if I wanted to put the minimal bid in on a 1 BR Grand Suite, at a min. of $500 per person, it would cost me $1,000 additional should the accept my bid submittal, correct?

As a follow up to this question, since we already get the double points for booking a 'suite' (even though a Junior), what other benefits would we realize on the Adventure for upgrading to a bigger suite?  I know this one doesn't have the Sea, Sky and Star classifications - but I'm trying to compile what I can to review and see if the dollars and cents really work out. 

Any advice/input or even shaming for creating another Royal Up thread would be welcome (haha)

Thanks everyone! 

• Clarea changed the title to RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)
On 4/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, heatherb1958 said:

I have quickly scanned through this thread not realising people were posting their experiences and it is a very interesting reading.

I have had the e.mail for Indie 18th May sailing, twice ! . Declined as we are happy with our balcony cabin GTY result and got a price drop of £300 on the cruise so we are in a win win situation. 

I also got the e.mail for the Explorer 31st May sailing. We booked an inside GTY months ago , happy with the deck but not too excited about the location of the allocated cabin. There was a huge price drop but couldn’t get it as for “ new bookings only “ so technically we have paid way over the odds for our cabin. Hubby said in for a penny in for a pound and bid for the upgrade as we had the price drop on the other cruise. So, do you think the odds are for us as RCI already had more money out of us for the inside GTY and we are willing to pay more for the upgrade bid ?  😆.

Will try and remember to report back the result .

Just curious...for your guarantee Explorer cabin, did you check to see if any other cabins were available on the deck you got?  It may be possible to switch locations as long as you're in the same category.  Just a thought.😎

Edited by KALCJ1

Just an FYI.

I am booked on my first Celebrity to Alaska and they have the Move-up program that you can bid on without being asked.  I wanted to bid on the Penthouse Suite, but it would not recognize my reservation, so I emailed them and they responded and said, "At this time "your big box TA" has opted out of the program and we cannot extend a move up offer to you."

SO it looks as if the TA's have to opt into the program.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dbarton02 said:

As a follow up to this question, since we already get the double points for booking a 'suite' (even though a Junior), what other benefits would we realize on the Adventure for upgrading to a bigger suite?  I know this one doesn't have the Sea, Sky and Star classifications - but I'm trying to compile what I can to review and see if the dollars and cents really work out. 

Some of the benefits we enjoyed with full suite perks on Freedom of the Seas were access to the Concierge lounge, breakfast in Chops Grille, and special seating around the pool (which is very nice on sea days, since you don't have to go searching for a lounger early in the morning).  

Edited by Gordo
  • Like 1