RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

13 hours ago, Sungurl said:

This maybe a silly question, but I used an OBC to book an excursion 3 months ago. Now that we got the upgrade, it looks like the OBC is gone.  My cruise planner shows a balance due now.  Is this something that happens if you win a bid?  Should I pay the $100, so I don't lose my excursion?

If you used the bidding system your OBC should have remained intact. Call your agent or RCCL and have it fixed. All perks you had at booking should have remained on your reservation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

Yep.  Mine came in at 75 or 76 days out.

dp

Hmm. So I should look for it now?  I’m about  100 days out. Made final payment last week. 

What should I look for when I check my dozens of daily emails?

Mine didn't come in until I did the check in online.  Then it came to my DH.  Last time it was addressed to our 13yo, but we didn't get an upgrade.  I didn't think we would, it was a holiday sailing, full ship.   But it was fun to play along, didn't cost anything and I might have gotten lucky, but it was ok I didn't,  wish me luck this time!

We sail on 21 July, on Explorer, so just over 6 weeks away. Online check in etc done, and the RoyalUp e-mail popped up late last night. We have two staterooms booked, but the invite was addressed to just one guest.

As we are in the UK, the pricing was in GBP and was as follows:

Grand Suite, 2 bedrooms     £2365.00pp

Grand Suite                             £1565.00pp

Junior Suite                             £335.00pp

Spacious ocean view balcony  £60.00pp

We've given it a go, just for the spacious balcony - already spent a fortune on the 2 cabins, so cannot really justify another four grand.

Sailing on Allure on Sunday and still have not heard if my bid has been accepted to jump from a JS to an OS...so I am guessing I will get the rejection email tomorrow.  This is fine because we love the JS on Oasis Class ships but thought it would be fun to experience an Owners Suite.  Last time we cruised on Allure in March we were upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite on the back of the ship.  The room was GREAT but the noise back there from all of the activity on sports deck was never ending.  I continued to hear it when we got home!

On 6/3/2019 at 9:24 AM, John&LaLa said:

Should be a great day for sail away.

20190603_092306.jpg

It was thanks!  And was great weather the whole cruise.   Naturally those little 4 night cruises go by way too fast!

Getting ready to head the land yacht north now.  🙂 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

It was thanks!  And was great weather the whole cruise.   Naturally those little 4 night cruises go by way too fast!

Getting ready to head the land yacht north now.  🙂 

How was Coco Cay?

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How was Coco Cay?

Sister rented a Chill Island Cabana, 2nd from the furthest end.  We pretty much stayed there, using the nice little crescent beach the whole time.  Our cabana attendant was pretty lame though, hardly ever saw her, and took over an hour to get our food for lunch.  Sister and husband gave up and walked up to the buffet, I should have done the same.  The buffet at Chill Island was pretty good looking, way better than original buffets on the island previously.  

Middle of the island where the "theme park" is...very, very crowded, noisy, and hot (away from the breeze).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:47 AM, LadyBeBop said:

You got your email two months before your cruise?  I was under the impression you won’t receive the email until a couple weeks before your cruise. 

I know. I was surprised to receive it so early. 

Thrilled to discover the website as never received emails despite registering.

...and the website works with U.K. booking refs and gives prices in ££.   Some RCI technology is working lol. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by little britain

31 minutes ago, loveheart said:

You wait to receive an email. Not everyone gets them though

You no longer have to receive an e mail.  There is a spot on the website as referenced above that at 30 days from sailing you can log in and see your upgrade offers.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Ah right thanks i didn't know that. X

But you were correct in that if you didn't get an email, that website might not work for that person.

We have reports throughout the thread that the bidding is targeted, so just putting your reservation number and last name into the website won't fix the problem of never getting the bid invite.

6 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

But you were correct in that if you didn't get an email, that website might not work for that person.

We have reports throughout the thread that the bidding is targeted, so just putting your reservation number and last name into the website won't fix the problem of never getting the bid invite.

I had an email a few weeks ago and bid the minimum for a larger balcony cabin. I'm not bothered if it gets accepted or not. I've never had the email before so thought it would be rude not to bid.

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You no longer have to receive an e mail.  There is a spot on the website as referenced above that at 30 days from sailing you can log in and see your upgrade offers.  

Thanks for the link.

I just tried it, and maybe it is because we are 21 days out that it did not show where I could look for these offers.

It could just be me, it showed all my upcoming cruises and such.

We did get an offer weeks ago, maybe that is why nothing is there now.

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, loveheart said:

I had an email a few weeks ago and bid the minimum for a larger balcony cabin. 

We have some reports that suggest it might not be a good idea to bid on a balcony when you already have one - you might end up with a very similar one in a worse location. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

We have some reports that suggest it might not be a good idea to bid on a balcony when you already have one - you might end up with a very similar one in a worse location. 

Yes I read that on here after I had bid 😞

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thanks for the link.

I just tried it, and maybe it is because we are 21 days out that it did not show where I could look for these offers.

It could just be me, it showed all my upcoming cruises and such.

We did get an offer weeks ago, maybe that is why nothing is there now.

Thanks again.

You have to log in first and then go to the link.