My HAL logo (old one) and signature are gone an d I don'tknow how to get it back

sail7seas

😞POA,  Thank you a boat load for the great help you provide all of us.        

YOU are very appreciated.

is   there a way you can  get us back to the old format>?    I don't like  this new style even a little but don't know if maybe everyone else thinks it is fabulous?   (I doubt it though)  Aside from the whole photo thing,    I see  nothing I think of as improvement.  😞

I see the old HAL logo and  sail.noordam@gmail.com and Please put CruiseCritic in Subject Line  in your signature ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=69999

Are you seeing other people's signatures?  If not, edit your sig and make sure "view signatures" switch is on.

Edited by catl331

You know what would be nice? If someone wrote up a little tutorial!

Like this:  (Click in the upper right corner of the posting box for like. There's supposed to be an icon there, but it's been broken for a while and I have no idea when CC is going to get around to fixing it.

• Like 1

@sail7seas- If you have trouble with the instructions I linked to above and you cannot insert your Mariner stars, it may be caused by some miscellaneous junk HTML in your signature. You may not even be able to see it.  If you try to insert the image link and nothing happens, hit Ctrl+A to select all in your signature. Then hit the Delete key and try to put the image in. This happened to a couple of other folks.

And, if all else fails, email me. We're having an amazing tech support sale for Cyber Monday. :classic_biggrin:

Something weird is going on with your signature. I tried clicking the signature preference x on your post and it won’t let me ignore your signature. So whatever problem you’re having, it also affects those trying to clean up their screens by blocking your signature. 

SAIL - I don't see your sig using Internet Explorer, and just the

sail.noordam@gmail.com

PLEASE 

part with  Firefox, but everything is OK with my usual Chrome. So I think your sig is OK and it's your browser that's broken.

Edited by catl331

4 hours ago, catl331 said:

SAIL - I don't see your sig using Internet Explorer, and just the

sail.noordam@gmail.com

PLEASE 

part with  Firefox, but everything is OK with my usual Chrome. So I think your sig is OK and it's your browser that's broken.

I'm pretty sure that it's her little Mariner logo that was what was broken. There was some code in the signature that used to point to the logo on the HAL site. 

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

I'm pretty sure that it's her little Mariner logo that was what was broken. There was some code in the signature that used to point to the logo on the HAL site. 

No, it is a link to an attachment to a post in the Test forum that I posted for her many years ago so that she wouldn't have to rely on the HAL site: 

boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69999

Edited by jtl513

2 minutes ago, jtl513 said:

No, it is a link to an attachment to a post in the Test forum that I posted for her many years ago so that she wouldn't have to rely on the HAL site: 

boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69999

Thanks. I only saw the "attachment.php?attachmentid=69999" part. In any case, my instructions and the links to the images in the instructions will get the job done. She can either link to the images on the institituteofcheer.com server or do a direct link paste which will save her image to her CC image library on the invisioncic.com CDN.

11 minutes ago, POA1 said:

She can either link to the images on the institituteofcheer.com server

The image she wants is the old HAL logo, with the small Half Moon (ship) in front of a large modern ship.  Do you have that on your site?   In any case, why does the link to an image on the CC site no longer work for her?

5 minutes ago, jtl513 said:

The image she wants is the old HAL logo, with the small Half Moon (ship) in front of a large modern ship.  Do you have that on your site?   In any case, why does the link to an image on the CC site no longer work for her? 

I really didn't know what she was missing. I assumed it was the stars since that's the problem the majority of people were having with their signatures.  I tried loading the attachment using the URL you provided and the CC site just goes into an endless login loop - even though I'm logged in.  I realize that's not your fault.

As far as, "Do I have have the old HAL logo?"goes. Of course we do. We're a world class research institute.  We have the vector files to crank out the old and new logos at any size required.  We even have the HEXCode color matches for web and Pantone for printing.

Do you have any idea what dimensions she needs?

HAL-Logo-Compare.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, catl331 said:

It no longer works for me either. It did yesterday when I used it in post #2 of this thread.

How tall and how wide would you like the logo to be? Our hardworking graphics elves can get right on it. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catl331 said:

The one in the attachment that she has been using is about the size of your avatar.

Here you go. It's 100 pixels tall and 84 wide. That's about avatar sized. If you need a different size, just let me know.

The instructions should be the same as for the stars, but obviously the file URL is different.

FILE URL - HAL Legacy Logo - More or Less Avatar Sized:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/2018/HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

EMBEDDED IMAGE:

HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, catl331 said:

I don't want it, just SAIL! 

Sorry. I though you did because you posted:

26 minutes ago, catl331 said:

It no longer works for me either. It did yesterday when I used it in post #2 of this thread. 

Clearly, I read too much into that.