Middle leg - dis-embarkation

adam7392

Hi,

We'll be taking a cruise (Emerald Princess) from Rome to Athens in Jul/Aug.  Once at Athens some folks will be staying aboard for the next leg, others will be leaving while others will be arriving.  I need to get a hire car from the port to continue our land based holiday in Greece.  I'd like to delay getting the car as long as possible, given all the comings and goings, how long would we be able to delay disembarkation ?

The last passenger disembarkation time varies, but runs about 9:45 to 10:30, and then you are going to have to collect your luggage, and do whatever immigration procedures are required. If you request a car at 10 or so, you should easily be off the ship, but not have too long a wait until your car arrives.

Not sure what comings and goings you are concerned about.  Since not everyone is disembarking and thus not a complete ships turnover the flow of people on and off the ship will be simple.  Also you do not have any customs to worry about.  You will not need to prebook unless that makes you feel more comfortable or you are headed off somewhere exotic.  For Athens itself there was a long continuous long of taxis lined up when we debarked.  Just grab a cab.

hi - thanks for the replies so far.

Regards the 'comings and goings' I was just wondering if having a portion of passengers disembarking complicates the process - e.g. do they contain the leavers in a seperate area to those staying?  Also is breakfast in Horizon Court available as per usual times to all passengers - I think on a normal full disembarkation HC is closed earlier ?

And one more question regards the above mention of having no customs, is that correct ?  We will be visiting several Greek islands so would we already be considered to be cleared for customs and passport control in Athens and just simply walk of the ship with no passport/customs checks?  (as UK passport holders we are not in the Schengen area and also Brexit might have occurred before then (or maybe not!)  to complicate matters further.

1 hour ago, adam7392 said:

hi - thanks for the replies so far.

Regards the 'comings and goings' I was just wondering if having a portion of passengers disembarking complicates the process - e.g. do they contain the leavers in a separate area to those staying?  Also is breakfast in Horizon Court available as per usual times to all passengers - I think on a normal full disembarkation HC is closed earlier ?

And one more question regards the above mention of having no customs, is that correct ?  We will be visiting several Greek islands so would we already be considered to be cleared for customs and passport control in Athens and just simply walk of the ship with no passport/customs checks?  (as UK passport holders we are not in the Schengen area and also Brexit might have occurred before then (or maybe not!)  to complicate matters further.

For those staying on board it will be like any other port day. For those disembarking they will report to the designated disembarkation lounges and wait for their color/number to be called. You will be able to approximately select the time you wish to disembark on the disembarkation questionnaire. There will be breakfast in both a DR as well as the HC. I do remember the HC closing service around 9am on a turn around day, but the tables and coffee/tea are still available. The International Cafe will be open.

Edited by skynight