Hotel for Panama City

new_cruiser

I got the idea from a Windstar rep that the Bristol Panama ( a higher-end hotel, that sells airport transfers by email to the concierge) was the "company hotel". So we chose that with the plan to book a Windstar transfer to the ship (because it's so far ... ). However, the transfer wasn't yet available when I booked the cruise, so I haven't done that yet. The hotel is relatively expensive, but we're only flying in one night early, so it's a single night. You should verify my "facts" before booking.

Edited by CruiseOrLand
spelling

41 minutes ago, CruiseOrLand said:

I got the idea from a Windstar rep that the Bristol Panama ( a higher-end hotel, that sells airport transfers by email to the concierge) was the "company hotel". So we chose that with the plan to book a Windstar transfer to the ship (because it's so far ... ). However, the transfer wasn't yet available when I booked the cruise, so I haven't done that yet. The hotel is relatively expensive, but we're only flying in one night early, so it's a single night. You should verify my "facts" before booking.

We stayed at the Bristol Panama and took the transfer to the ship.  It worked out nicely, and the hotel and breakfast were wonderful.

We stayed at the Panama City Hilton, beautiful views, lovely roof top pool. Nice location easy and inexpensive cab ride to the old town. Pool great because it was so hot. The WS transfer to ship we thought very convenient and inexpensive. We had a driver that gave an interesting narrative the entire way. Great cruise. You will be happy you are in a small ship. Happy Sailing.

We stayed at Las Clemetinas  https://www.lasclementinas.com/ for several nights in December 2014 prior to our cruise. It is a small boutique hotel located in Casco Viejo, or the Old Town, of Panama City. We loved the location and walked everywhere. There were lots of restaurants and shops and the architecture of the area is amazing! They even arranged for a car and driver to take us to Colon for the start of our cruise. One morning we heard some noise coming from our balcony and realized we had 2 green parrots pecking at the door! It was very cool 🙂