Anyone ever stayed in 2324 on the Dream?

Mommawo

1 hour ago, Cushing985 said:

Actually, when you start the on-line check-in process, it gives you choices for bed preference...two singles or a king.  If you choose king the steward will just put the two beds together.

I’m sure that is true.  It actually already says it in my room booking details not sure how I did that lol 

A lot of people have complained about 2nd floor rooms in the Dream that are under the Galley, saying the noise is terrible. I looked at the deck plans and can't tell for sure whether that room is under the Crimson restaurant or the Galley, but it's cutting it pretty close...

Its not under the dining room- which is carpeted so no noise issues from being under that area.

But 2324 is UNDER the galley.   Its an inside cabin/   extreme darkness 24/7    take a clock to wake up or sleep whole mornings away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, serene56 said:

Its not under the dining room- which is carpeted so no noise issues from being under that area.

But 2324 is UNDER the galley.   Its an inside cabin/   extreme darkness 24/7    take a clock to wake up or sleep whole mornings away

We are early to bed early to rise kinda people. You know old 40 somethings   Can’t sleep in for the life of us in our days off.  It’s like we have a schedule we stick to because of work and on weekends it won’t go away !!! Yeah it was a cheaper cabin inside.  So a night light would be a good idea I assume since the extreme darkness 

Edited by Mommawo

We're 1st time cruisers as well. I saw many recommend a nightlight, so I picked up this 3 pack from Amazon of well-reviewed, battery-operated nightlights. I figured we'd put one in the room, one in the bathroom, and have a spare. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1LFS08/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 minute ago, bbtbear said:

We're 1st time cruisers as well. I saw many recommend a nightlight, so I picked up this 3 pack from Amazon of well-reviewed, battery-operated nightlights. I figured we'd put one in the room, one in the bathroom, and have a spare. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1LFS08/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks ! I will grab those as well 

• Like 1

Just now, Mommawo said:

Thanks ! I will grab those as well 

7 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

Yikes that is what I was afraid of being a first time cruiser.   We do sleep with a sound machine so maybe that will help?  Guess I should have done more research 

you can move your cabin up further in the hall.  Its the same price   same category

• Like 1

We chose 2nd floor on the Dream, as well, although we have a cove balcony. But I researched first and learned that the lower you are in the ship, the better off you are in terms of seasickness. I don't know if either of us will have an issue with seasickness, but because it was a possibility, we followed the advice. I've also seen people say it's great when embarking and taking tenders into ports to be on the 2nd floor.

10 minutes ago, bbtbear said:

We chose 2nd floor on the Dream, as well, although we have a cove balcony. But I researched first and learned that the lower you are in the ship, the better off you are in terms of seasickness. I don't know if either of us will have an issue with seasickness, but because it was a possibility, we followed the advice. I've also seen people say it's great when embarking and taking tenders into ports to be on the 2nd floor.

Sounds good because I get car sick. Lol sounds like 2nd floor is good for me.  Never been on a cruise ship.  Have no issues in smaller boats at the lake though. Idk hope you all do well with it also 

1 hour ago, Mommawo said:

I may give that a try.  What is your opinion on second floor ?

I am on deck 2 on the MAgic.   But picked under a dining room because of the carpeting.  I would not book under the galley.   I have no idea where pot washers are and if you read reviews of people who had cabins under that area-- woo boy.  No thanks.  

22 minutes ago, serene56 said:

I am on deck 2 on the MAgic.   But picked under a dining room because of the carpeting.  I would not book under the galley.   I have no idea where pot washers are and if you read reviews of people who had cabins under that area-- woo boy.  No thanks.  

Uh oh need to find the reviews I guess

I *think* you may be good with your location.  It looks like your room is in front of the middle elevators and it looks like the galley pretty much stops at the middle elevators.

I could totally be wrong, but I hope I'm not because I'm booked in 2326. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wantingpj said:

I *think* you may be good with your location.  It looks like your room is in front of the middle elevators and it looks like the galley pretty much stops at the middle elevators.

Was thinking close to the elevator is always a good thing. Well unless it’s a bad room choice lol. Anyways I’m not super pick and sleep with a sound machine or white noise from my phone 

22 hours ago, wantingpj said:

I totally agree. Looking at the deck plan, it looks like 2324 is below the Dining Room and not the Galley. We have been in a Cove Balcony 2349 which in under the Dining Room.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tandemcruzr said:

I totally agree. Looking at the deck plan, it looks like 2324 is below the Dining Room and not the Galley. We have been in a Cove Balcony 2349 which in under the Dining Room.

You are correct. i just checked the drag it decks site and the OP is under the dining room. 

• Like 1