San Francisco Airport Lounges

Anubi

We are flying Air Canada in G Concourse from SFO and wanted to access the KLM-Air France lounge which is in A Concourse.   However, I read somewhere that we would need to go back through security if we did that.  Can anyone positively confirm that.    

40 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

JFK, LAX, and SFO are some of our older airports where the Airport Authorities never found it cost efficient to connect the terminals inside of security. Sad situation!

Of course, neither did Toronto!

A decent amount of LAX is now connected airside, either by underground walkways and connectors or by bus.

17 hours ago, fbgd said:

These parts of the airport are not connected airside.

Thanks.  I found a United lounge in G Concourse but it appears to be a first come first served.  I guess we'll take our chances.  

59 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Thanks.  I found a United lounge in G Concourse but it appears to be a first come first served.  I guess we'll take our chances.  

As far as I know, all lounges are first come first serve. They may have limits, and can't exceed them. If there is no room, they are not going to allow you in. 

On 11/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, pinotlover said:

JFK, LAX, and SFO are some of our older airports where the Airport Authorities never found it cost efficient to connect the terminals inside of security.

I often hear people complain or worry about connecting through Atlanta because it's so huge or so busy or whatever.  But one BIG plus to ATL is that all terminals/concourses/gates are connected airside, and that is super convenient.

One thing I should note, that not many people are aware of, is that TSA will allow you into a terminal/concourse/airside area that you are not departing from. As long as you have a same day boarding pass from that airport you will be able to clear security anywhere in that airport.

So if the AF/KLM lounge is your only option and you don't mind clearing security twice it is something to consider.