A couple of questions about Solstice

felicityd

We're doing our first Celebrity cruise next year to New Zealand so I'm starting to delve into the research side of things.  I've searched the boards but haven't found a clear answer to these questions, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

1. We are in Aqua class - a lot of reviewers seem to highly rate Aqua class and Blu.  What is it specifically that makes Aqua class so good?  Is it the service or something else?  We are in an accessible room - we tried to get a suite but unfortunately missed out.
  2. Regarding Blu, is it the same menu every night or does it change day to day like the main dining room?  There are only sample menus for the breakfast available online.
  3. I've read mixed reports on the daily entertainment.  I'm mostly interested in doing trivia and attending game shows/theatre shows at night - can I look forward to that while on board?

Any input would be appreciated!  I'm excited but I like to have an idea of what to expect. 😊

Blu menu changes daily, most we love but  a few not so much.  They do have an everyday chicken. Salmon or steak option so you won’t go hungry.  Service is more personal and overall just a quieter, smaller  more personal dining venue.  Booking Aqua gives you access to the Persian Garden are of the spa.  I would suggest you check it out, great views and relaxing space. 

There is a show every night in the Theathre, normally at 7 & 9.   Multiple trivia  games on seas days,  fewer  but at least one on port days.   Many nights a game show at 10:30. 

We have just booked our 4th cruise on Solstice....we love this ship!!!  We have done 2 cruises in ?Aqua so far and really enjoy it. Our last cruise wasn’t, and it was just as magnificent.

Blu is a lovely dining venue, open for breakfast and lunch. Great views out of the big windows and as the others have said, it’s just  more intimate. The food everywhere on board is magnificent including the buffet. 

Yes the the menu changes every night in Blue, but the breakfast menu doesn’t but there is plenty to choose from.

you get complimentary use of the Persian Gardens, which has heated tile beds, saunas, steam room. And also the relaxation lounge, which has the same views that the captain has from the bridge.

your cabin comes with plush terry robes, slippers, the use of binoculars and an umbrella. Your bathroom will have an anti fog mirror, which you don’t even notice you have until you don’t have it!!!!....lol

as for daily activities, Celebrity is a little quieter than some lines, but there is trivia most days and quite often something on around the pool. We have always found the nightly entertainment quite good. The production shows are really well executed.

enjoy your cruise.Solstice around NZ is amazing!!!

Belinda

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Many cruisers think Blue is a big step up from the main dining room -- certainly it is more intimate and quieter.  The menu changes every night.

Your response suggests that the MDR menu might not change every night. Hope I have misinterpreted. Have I? (we are first time X cruisers next year)

The menus change every night except for the specialty restaurants (Tuscan, Murano etc).  There are several selections that will be there every night but the other 5 or 6 entrees change daily.

Edited by TFLG

2 hours ago, Nang said:

Your response suggests that the MDR menu might not change every night. Hope I have misinterpreted. Have I? (we are first time X cruisers next year)

MDR changes every night as does Blu and Luminae.. Specialties do not......When in Blu that is your assigned Dining Room, you do not have a seat in the MDR, it is smaller, more intimate and the food is more made to order.   Many of the popular items from the MDR are available every night in Blu like Shrimp Cocktail, Onion soup which is really good and Creme Brûlée's.

Edited by dkjretired

20 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Many cruisers think Blue is a big step up from the main dining room -- certainly it is more intimate and quieter.  The menu changes every night.

Thank you!  I was worried it was going to be the same set menu for 14 nights. 😄

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Blu menu changes daily, most we love but  a few not so much.  They do have an everyday chicken. Salmon or steak option so you won’t go hungry.  Service is more personal and overall just a quieter, smaller  more personal dining venue.  Booking Aqua gives you access to the Persian Garden are of the spa.  I would suggest you check it out, great views and relaxing space. 

There is a show every night in the Theathre, normally at 7 & 9.   Multiple trivia  games on seas days,  fewer  but at least one on port days.   Many nights a game show at 10:30. 

Awesome, thank you for your reply!

12 hours ago, BINDY31 said:

We have just booked our 4th cruise on Solstice....we love this ship!!!  We have done 2 cruises in ?Aqua so far and really enjoy it. Our last cruise wasn’t, and it was just as magnificent.

Blu is a lovely dining venue, open for breakfast and lunch. Great views out of the big windows and as the others have said, it’s just  more intimate. The food everywhere on board is magnificent including the buffet. 

Yes the the menu changes every night in Blue, but the breakfast menu doesn’t but there is plenty to choose from.

you get complimentary use of the Persian Gardens, which has heated tile beds, saunas, steam room. And also the relaxation lounge, which has the same views that the captain has from the bridge.

your cabin comes with plush terry robes, slippers, the use of binoculars and an umbrella. Your bathroom will have an anti fog mirror, which you don’t even notice you have until you don’t have it!!!!....lol

as for daily activities, Celebrity is a little quieter than some lines, but there is trivia most days and quite often something on around the pool. We have always found the nightly entertainment quite good. The production shows are really well executed.

enjoy your cruise.Solstice around NZ is amazing!!!

Belinda

Thank you for all the info!  I'm relaxing about it now.  I'm sure we'll have a great time!

By the way - I see you're going on the Pride of America in January - enjoy!  We had a fabulous time in August last year. 😊

16 minutes ago, felicityd said:

Thank you for all the info!  I'm relaxing about it now.  I'm sure we'll have a great time!

By the way - I see you're going on the Pride of America in January - enjoy!  We had a fabulous time in August last year. 😊

You are bound to have a great time. She is an amazing ship, full of fabulous staff.

as for the Pride of America,  I have only heard good things, thanks for confirming that it’s a great cruise. Really looking forward to our trip..cheers.

there is plenty to do on Solstice.... we did our first cruise in March / April 2018 and we were amazed at the amount of activities that were on the ship both during the day and into the evening.

the MDR menu changes every day - on one side of the menu they had the 'classics' or 'favorites' and the other side changed every night - the food was a highlight of the cruise for us