4 Night Speciality Dining Package+ 1st Night Dining on Reflection

taylortime05

Hi, We are getting close to our Dec 7th sailing on the Reflection.

I wanted to reserve Murano for the 1st night and with the dining package they let you pick the time but you reserve the restaurants when you get on board.

So I booked the 1st night package and reserved Murano at 6:00 pm.  Then I also booked a 4 night package with 6:30 dining time.  6:00 wasn't available.

My questions are:

1) Will I be able to use the 4 night package for the rest of the cruise but not on 1st night?

2) We are in Aqua for 1st time.  Do you think I'm over doing it on the specialty nights?  We are on a 14 night cruise and will have 5 nights for specialty dining.

3) Do you think the 4 night package is the way to go to save money on specialty dining?  Or should we wait until we board for other offers?

Thanks so much. 

Sue

Was just off the reflection  12 days ago..  We also were in aqua class. This is my opinion as tastes are different.

We did the 5 night dining  package (11 night cruise).   We went to Muranos directly after boading and booked all our specialty restauarnts..  Only had one night we wanted Muranos but was already booked. (We just flipped Tuscan for Muranos and all timing worked fine).. (lawn club was only let down.. the rest fantastic) 

I believe you must use the package either first or second night.

There was a 50% off specialty restauarant coupon in our cabin (aqua class) for first night.

As a side note. We loved aqua class andthe food in Blu was great.  Best was breakfast we could get in and out quickly with no chaos from the buffet.  Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.

In the past you had to use one of speciality dinners on the first or 2nd night but we have found that is  no longer the case.  When you board you can pick your restaurants and times depending upon availability.  

Personnally, I would not do 5 of 14 nights in the speciality restaurants when in Blu.  We like the first night menu in Blu so we don’t do a speciality that night.  For us max of 3 nights which would be Lawn Grill, Tuscan & Murano (DH likes it, me not so much).

I was wondering the  same thing  I’m on a seven night cruise and was looking at a 3-4  night package I’m also  in aqua class . We are in a sky suites for the first eight days and then on the second leg of our b2 b  Will be moving to aqua class .On the website I was having trouble booking the nights that I wanted we would like to have dinner in blu  the first night and then book the other nights  Murano( especially on the second night for my birthday ) in Tuscan since we are on the summit there’s not many choices . It wanted to make me book it on the first night which we do not want to do do I need to call them directly ? And wondering if I can book all my specialty restaurants  while I am on the first leg of the cruise ?? This is our first B to B so not sure how this works . And going from Luminae we would like to try some of the specialty restaurants also . We did eat and blu years ago on one of our first cruises and enjoyed it very much!

I see that the OP has already booked a package; so this comment is for others considering buying a package. The 4-night package used to be a pretty good deal at $125 pp (only $16 more that the 3-night package.) But a few weeks ago, the prices were increased to $129 for 3-nights ($43 per night) and $149 for 4-nights ($37.25 per night.) At these prices you may be better off, just bargaining for a reduced price on-board.