Tender schedule

alc13

What is the tender schedule likely to be after an overnight in port?  How early might we reach shore if we're not on an excursion?

I'm specifically wondering about Cienfuegos, in case it makes a difference.

Haven't experienced an overnight tender with Viking yet, but with another cruise line they ran a tender service through the night. They shut down to a single tender dock on board and I believe only a single tender.

With Viking, I would expect at least 1 tender running all night - might only run every 15-30 mins

22 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Haven't experienced an overnight tender with Viking yet, but with another cruise line they ran a tender service through the night. They shut down to a single tender dock on board and I believe only a single tender.

With Viking, I would expect at least 1 tender running all night - might only run every 15-30 mins

Guess that makes them the designated driver! 

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Sounds good - thanks!  

On our recent trip, VO only used tenders at two ports and at only one of these ports did we overnight (Ha Long Bay, Vietnam).  The tenders only ran until midnight and restarted at 6:30 AM.

If you are on a private excursion (or on your own), they will likely tell you to wait until all the folks on the VO excursions have been tendered to the dock.

• 2 weeks later...

We overnighted in Cienfuegos on Viking last year.  I don't remember what the hours for the tender operation was, but I do remember that it was VERY generous - i.e., long hours.  I was surprised.  Not many people went off the ship at night, though, from what I could tell, but Viking passengers aren't the most adventuresome, so I wasn't surprised.  Sorry, I don't remember if the tenders ran all night.

Edited by roothy123