Boat rental and water temps in June

cruisedirectorakaMOM

We will be in Bermuda in June on the Anthem.  We were thinking of renting a pontoon boat and doing some snorkeling.  It was brought to my attention that the water temps may not be suitable for snorkeling.  Does anyway have experience renting a platoon boat?  If so, advice please.  And can anyone comment on water temps in June.  

Not a pontoon but we have rented a Boston Whaler and cruised the ocean and bays. We rented from H2O Watersports near the Cambridge Beaches Resort in Mangrove Bay which is closer to the dock than Somerset and others. We’re not big snorkelers but we found the water to be refreshing yet comfortable and met many snorkelers along the way.

Highly recommend this for your day, pack a lunch and stop on a small island, and H2O is an excellent outfit to deal with.

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisedirectorakaMOM said:

We will be in Bermuda in June on the Anthem.  We were thinking of renting a pontoon boat and doing some snorkeling.  It was brought to my attention that the water temps may not be suitable for snorkeling.  Does anyway have experience renting a platoon boat?  If so, advice please.  And can anyone comment on water temps in June.  

As one who has found May water temp is too cool for snorkeling I have been snorkeling in June, both the first and second week, several times, and found the water temp takes about 20 seconds to adapt to, and then it was good. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After 4 hours of enjoying Bermuda from the water we beached on a small island for lunch and drinks in Mangrove Bay. I actually had a problem with our motor (my fault) while in Mangrove Bay and a very nice group on a very nice yacht interrupted their snorkeling to help. They happened to be very knowledgeable about these motors and we were able to get back to the dock. But ask the staff at H2O or whoever you rent from for the best snorkeling spots that you can get to by boat, the snorkeling looked pretty good right there!