Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ishap

Havana Cabins

Recommended Posts

So I am getting ready to book a cabin on the Horizon and am pretty sure I am going to book a Havana Cabana.  I have seen lots of posts out there about people loving the Havana rooms, but my question is, is there anyone who has stayed in a Havana room and not like it?  If so, why?

 

Also, for those of you who have stayed in multiple Havana rooms, did you prefer the cabana or the extended aft balcony?  Interior is not an option for us.  We stayed in an interior room on our last cruise (first interior room ever) and neither the wife nor I liked it.  We didn't like the lack of natural light, especially in the morning.  And I always like having coffee and first breakfast on the balcony in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Vista in May for our 25th Anniversary 8 day Southern.

Havana Aft Wrap 7459

Loved the cabin, Great views Aft and Starboard.

Booked a cruise on the Horizon for May 2020 in the Same Cabin. 7459, 8 Day Southern.

 

Doing the Magic 2019 for our Daughters 21st BDay and we picked the Aft Wrap for that as well.

Our daughter picked that Itinerary & ship or I would have done the Havana on The Vista or Horizon in 7459.

 

In the future it is nothing but Cabin 7459 in the Havana area for my wife & I on an 8 day and if it goes to the Southern Carib better yet.

 

See the theme 🙂

 

Have fun.

 

Oh and the Cabin was just a bonus to the Havana Area. We were spoiled.

 

 

 

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did love the Havana cabana, but it does get packed on sea days due to having more cabins with access than Vista. Also read recently that the top suites will now also have access so it will get even more crowded so don’t expect you can go out at noon and find a space.

 

Bar can sometimes be slow since they take care of both inside/outside the Havana area.

 

still worth the premium IMO, but Carnival needs to stop adding additional rooms with access to make it worthwhile.  They did do an excellent job at enforcing people wearing their bands to control access on our cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, omarchs said:

We did love the Havana cabana, but it does get packed on sea days due to having more cabins with access than Vista. Also read recently that the top suites will now also have access so it will get even more crowded so don’t expect you can go out at noon and find a space.

 

Bar can sometimes be slow since they take care of both inside/outside the Havana area.

 

still worth the premium IMO, but Carnival needs to stop adding additional rooms with access to make it worthwhile.  They did do an excellent job at enforcing people wearing their bands to control access on our cruise.

 

It looks like that on the Horizon the aft view on decks 8 and 9 are Havana cabins whereas on the Vista they are not?  That is a little disappointing that it is that crowded on a sea day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed in a Havana Cabana on the Horizon and while I won't say that I didn't like the cabin, I will say that I probably would not book one again.  We were in Europe in April at the time, so we weren't using the pool.  But if we were, I would say that the room is impractical from the standpoint that you cannot lock and unlock the patio door from the outside.  Apparently this is something they changed with the Horizon.  Which means that if you want to go to the pool area and leave your room locked, you have to exit out the regular door, go all the way down the hallway and then back through the Havana bar.  I just can't understand their rationale for making this change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thesmiths said:

We were on the Vista in May for our 25th Anniversary 8 day Southern.

Havana Aft Wrap 7459

Loved the cabin, Great views Aft and Starboard.

Booked a cruise on the Horizon for May 2020 in the Same Cabin. 7459, 8 Day Southern.

 

Doing the Magic 2019 for our Daughters 21st BDay and we picked the Aft Wrap for that as well.

Our daughter picked that Itinerary & ship or I would have done the Havana on The Vista or Horizon in 7459.

 

In the future it is nothing but Cabin 7459 in the Havana area for my wife & I on an 8 day and if it goes to the Southern Carib better yet.

 

See the theme 🙂

 

Have fun.

 

Oh and the Cabin was just a bonus to the Havana Area. We were spoiled.

 

 

 

Staying in that exact same cabin leaving Feb 10 so glad to hear I picked a good one. Makes me more excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a cabana and an interior on our Horizon cruise in August.  We spent so much time in the Havana area and became great friends with the people in the area.  I think the only "drawback" was that we spent so much time in the Havana area, we rarely got to other parts of the ship.  We honestly spent so much time on the Havana area, we considered booking 2 Havana interiors for our next cruise.  Alas, the itinerary we wanted only had cabanas available when we booked.

 

One of my favorite parts of being on deck 5 was in the morning because I could grab my coffee and breakfast to eat back on our deck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, trish4801 said:

Staying in that exact same cabin leaving Feb 10 so glad to hear I picked a good one. Makes me more excited. 

Enjoy..

 

Some have complained there was no couch, But it did not matter to us.

2 Sitting chairs with a table was fine for us.

063_zpsnyq8djt9.jpg

And get used to these views.

105_zpssnx5hllr.jpg

191_zpsws6ofeza.jpg

680_zpsh3rbfd42.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Vista, Havana aft cabin #6465 this past April for the western Caribbean cruise.  It was a first time for a large ship, and first for aft balcony.  We usually have a side balcony.  We loved the cabin and the Havana area..  The views from the balcony were beautiful and directly down on the Havana area.  There were 2 chairs, 1 lounge chair and a couple of small tables.  Location was great, only one flight down to Havana area and close to the small buffet for breakfast (forgot the location).

 

But you asked for what was not delightful.  Our very large balcony was always in the sun.  It is too hot for me to sit outside.  There was no shade at all.  The only time it was comfortable for me to sit out in the morning was the next to last day when the ship had turned a certain way so that the aft area was shaded by the top part of the ship.  I also enjoy sitting on the balcony, but I cannot take the heat and the sun any more.  The fact that other people on higher floors could look down on our balcony did not bother me.  There was no breeze either.

 

I plan to do a Havana area balcony in the future, but I will look for one on the side of the ship.  If aft is all there is, yes, I would take this room again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for aksing this question.  I have a cabana and was wondering if I should have booked an aft view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sb4ever said:

We had a cabana and an interior on our Horizon cruise in August.  We spent so much time in the Havana area and became great friends with the people in the area.  I think the only "drawback" was that we spent so much time in the Havana area, we rarely got to other parts of the ship.  We honestly spent so much time on the Havana area, we considered booking 2 Havana interiors for our next cruise.  Alas, the itinerary we wanted only had cabanas available when we booked.

 

One of my favorite parts of being on deck 5 was in the morning because I could grab my coffee and breakfast to eat back on our deck.

 

 

Can you confirm what another user said that you cannot lock or unlock your patio door from the outside?  I figured that you would be able to enter the room from the patio using your card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ishap said:

 

Can you confirm what another user said that you cannot lock or unlock your patio door from the outside?  I figured that you would be able to enter the room from the patio using your card.

Correct, there was no way to lock/unlock from outside on the Horizon. We always made sure we had any valuables in the safe and just closed the door on the way out to the lanai. Not ideal, but we were the last cabana cabin next to the lanai so we preferred this method rather than looping down the hallway and then through the Havana bar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...