A or B deck?

ninelives

50 minutes ago, ninelives said:

We’re considering a cruise on Wind Star

the A or upper rooms are priced higher by about 1,000

do you think it’s worth paying up? Pluses or minuses between 2?

thx

You feel less movement in the lower deck.  I wouldn't pay $1000 to be on the upper deck.

We did decide to pay about $1000 extra ($500 per person) for AX rooms on our upcoming 10-day Wind Star cruise. Sometimes, arthritis makes one of our knees hurt a bit going down stairs. We decided that it was worth it to have one less level between our stateroom and dining/lounges/deck. That's the only reason I can see to prefer the A category.  

If that isn't an issue, I'd save the money and get a B room. They are identical to the A category other than deck position and likely to have a bit less movement as Ridethetide mentions.

The upper deck staterooms might give you a better view.  We were on the lower deck on our first cruise on MS Windstar.  We left the curtains open on a rough crossing and looking out those portholes reminded us of a frontload washing machine...which gave a  laugh.  When we arrived in port in Grenada, our portholes looked out to a concrete port wall.  We still had a great time and the movement was much less than last years deck six suite on Star Pride, that caused me a bit more motion sickness.     Happy sailing whatever deck you choose!

Thx all..love the “washing machine pic..;)” I’ve been through a few of those on boats.

on a coin flip,we decided on the A level..seemed like it might be nice to have our room 1 deck away from the main decks and maybe better view.  

Im an avid boater and live part of the year aboard..so not concerned with sea motion.

this is our first voyage on a “cruise line” x a river cruise on Avalon (fantastic). I’ve always dreaded the idea of the 2-3,000+ passenger ships so we’re really excited about the Windstar..sort of been on my bucket list for a while.

thx again for the thoughts on room/deck level. I think in the end my thought came down to that I’d hate to lay out x$ and find out I’d have enjoyed the trip more if I’d spent x +10%..which is about how the #s worked out.