perfect day?

lswilmot

We are looking to stop at Coco Cay on the Mariner of the Seas in November or December 2019.  On the RCCl website it touts "A Perfect Day at Coco Cay" and I was looking for more info on the available activities etc.  We have been to Coco Cay many times, but not since any new construction etc.  Does anyone have any info for us, it is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Lori

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Loonbeam said:

I've got some on our cruise planner for Oct 2020.

Wow...that's pretty far in advance. Mind sharing if there are options and pricing for the cabanas and are you offered the location (#). Thanks for any info...as I'm looking to book a May 2020 that will include Coco Cay Perfect Day cruise and they'll be 6 adults and 4 toddlers. Would like to get an idea of our options.

10 hours ago, Loonbeam said:

No cabanas.  The only option I have is the waterpark ticket and the hot air balloon, but both error when I try to get details.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked on Harmony Dec 1 2019, and I have options to book the thrill waterpark, the zip-line, the helium balloon ride, a handful of "excursions" including parasailing, and 3 types of cabanas. The cabana options are Chill Island (8 guests, $499 per cabana), Oasis Lagoon (8 guests, $499 per cabana), and the thrill waterpark cabanas (6 guests, $629 per cabana but includes full day access to the thrill waterpark). I hope this helps!

I'm cruising Harmony June 2019 and have options to book Perfect Day.  We have reserved an Oasis Lagoon cabana, they are currently saying May completion on that, to honest I'm not sure that will happen.  Fingers crossed we don't have a crappy day at Coco Cay.  :-/

• 3 months later...

Lots of stuff up and running....still needs some issues worked out as of our 5/4/19 visit.   Some water park rides had a 1.5 hour wait and we were the only ship there that day.  Oasis cabana was not very impressive.  Really just a way to make $$ in a location no one would otherwise sit....no view of pool or ocean.....only the backs of the multiple rows of loungers in front of you.  Zero service except from bar servers that served the free seats too.  No towels and only 2 beach chairs, a small sectional and 2 hard plastic chairs.  The ceiling fan had no power.  

Fireworks at at end of day was a nice unexpected touch unfortunately it was not yet dark out but still a nice effort.

That's a "perfect day" for me too!  Would you please tell me what location that was?  We were able to book a cabana for 2020 in South Beach which I don't believe is open yet but I wouldn't mind being where you were!

3 hours ago, brucefan21 said:

That's a "perfect day" for me too!  Would you please tell me what location that was?  We were able to book a cabana for 2020 in South Beach which I don't believe is open yet but I wouldn't mind being where you were!

Last section of Chill Beach. To the right of my picture is where you book kayaks etc, and behind that is Chill Grill. From our loungers you could use any of the beaches near us. 

Cross the bridge to the left after you leave the ship. Then just keep on the path till you pick a spot. 

1003B6CF-B1C7-4238-A8EA-751880A33AAF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

so, for those of you that have been there...

What is complimentary on Perfect Day....and what do you need to pay for?

Can we use the pool, beach and burgers, etc?  Or do you have to by the waterpark pass.  I am not a thrill seeker, but I would like to use the pool maybe, and the beach.

Thanks in advance. (we are going in Nov. )

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, TYMAN said:

Last section of Chill Beach. To the right of my picture is where you book kayaks etc, and behind that is Chill Grill. From our loungers you could use any of the beaches near us. 

Cross the bridge to the left after you leave the ship. Then just keep on the path till you pick a spot. 

1003B6CF-B1C7-4238-A8EA-751880A33AAF.jpeg

Can you book the kayaks when you get there?  Do you know how much they are?

On 5/27/2019 at 3:58 PM, funinthsun said:

so, for those of you that have been there...

What is complimentary on Perfect Day....and what do you need to pay for?

Can we use the pool, beach and burgers, etc?  Or do you have to by the waterpark pass.  I am not a thrill seeker, but I would like to use the pool maybe, and the beach.

Thanks in advance. (we are going in Nov. )

Pool, Beaches & Burgers are all free. Chill Beach has more than enough chairs & umbrellas. The pool gets a little more crowded than the beach when we were there. We'll be back next month. 

9 hours ago, exercisemama said:

Can you book the kayaks when you get there?  Do you know how much they are?

Yes, you can book once on the island. I believe the price was $15 per half hour, but someone else might know better. 

16 minutes ago, LadyDivot said:

Did any of you use the slides and "rides?" We'll be there in November and trying to decide if it's worth buying a half-day or full-day pass. Thanks!

I was looking to buy a half-day pass, but they don’t offer it anymore.

11 minutes ago, exercisemama said:

I was looking to buy a half-day pass, but they don’t offer it anymore.

Well, there you go. Just checked and the 1/2 day pass isn't available on our sailing either. I wonder if they sold out or decided not to offer those any more. Interesting!

6 hours ago, LadyDivot said:

Well, there you go. Just checked and the 1/2 day pass isn't available on our sailing either. I wonder if they sold out or decided not to offer those any more. Interesting!

They decided not to offer. I had heard it was going to be a logistic issue to verify who had a half day vs a full day pass. Not sure if they were offering a morning half day and an afternoon half day, but that would have made it even more difficult. 

That's exactly what was being offered - you could choose either a morning half or afternoon half. I assumed if offered they had figured out how to track it. Regardless, full day it is. Still not sure how we're doing this but we've got time to worry about it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

BTW... apparently South Beach will be closed for December 1 sailings.  I am on Anthem that week and we got a letter via email.  Seems that they are going to temporarily relocate the beach beds and floating bar till they're done working on that side of the island.