Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

10 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Totally agree. The Observation Lounge is a public space, how do these people think it is okay to sleep on public sofas... go back to your room and take a nap....Geez!  I wish someone would come in there with a bullhorn and blow it loudly. 

Hopefully, publicly shaming them will do the trick.

• Like 1

Trying to get my act together for my foray into land today. I had some wild and crazy dreams again last night. Also, there were people causing a ruckus in the hallway last night at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and even later...

Wow, I guess I've finally reached the age of talking about younger folks causing a ruckus... I am getting old.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Have a great day in St John…one of our most favorite places on earth!

If you get the chance, would you mind asking if the Beach Bar in Cruz Bay located right near the ferry dock will be reopening anytime soon?  Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be open by the time we go back there during our February cruise.  Thx! 

Looking forward to your STJ trip report today! 

• Like 1

IMG_20181204_081603772_HDR.thumb.jpg.cc0e685703531cabac4f76fc4b1b08f6.jpg

Back on board and showered after a small adventure through St Thomas, and over to St John... The internet is horribly slow right now, so it may be awhile before I can post some pictures.

• Like 1

I made it off the ship right at 8:05 as planned... I found a taxi, and soon I was on the way to Red Hook to catch the Cruz Bay ferry. I made it in plenty of time, and right at 9:00 we were on our way. The ferry takes about 20 minutes, and is quite scenic. Upon arrival, I found another cab to Trunk Bay, and we were on our way. They stopped briefly at the scenic overlook, but I was on the opposite side of the cab, so I was unable to get a shot.

We arrived at Trunk Bay, and there were probably a total of ten people there already. I pretty much had the place to myself. I walked to the far left as far as I could go, and then all the way to the far right side. I was snapping pictures of the magnificent blue water and the distant islands in the background. I decided to go in for a swim, so I plopped my fancy beach bag down on the sand and proceeded into the beautiful blue water.

I stayed out for quite a while, thinking about life and stuff. And for awhile, I thought of nothing at all... I tried to let the calm seas wash away my troubles, and thought that I could just stay right there forever.

I got out and took another walk to both ends of the beach. I was tired of carrying my bag all over the place, so I found a branch to hang it on. Just as I was slipping the handles over the branch, a good sized spider fell right into my bag. A spider... In my bag... I wanted to just dump everything right there on the beach, but then I would have sand all over everything. At this point, the choice was the spider or the sand. I tried just not to worry about it, and went for another walk, unencumbered by my stuff.

I really wanted a picture from the scenic overlook, so I went and washed the sand off my feet and put on my beach shoes. The road up that way is narrow and steep, but I didn't come this far not to get the shot. I walked up the steep hill and got the photos I had come all this way for. I headed back down, and a cab was about ready to leave, so I got onboard. I got to swim in the calm blue Caribbean. I got the photo that I had traversed two different islands for. And, oh yeah, I still had the spider in my bag.

Soon, we arrived back at Cruz Bay, and I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so I walked around to find some grub. I had researched on TripAdvisor for a suitable place, and Woody's seafood saloon looked pretty good. I ordered a painkiller, my first non tequila drink of the week, and their shark bites, which are grilled mahi mahi... The painkiller was painfully forgettable, but the shark bites hit the spot. I walked around a bit more, and decided to just catch the next ferry back to Red Hook...

Soon, the ferry was heading back, and I had reached St Thomas again. I found a cab to bring me back to the ship, and we were headed back towards Havensight. I took a few pictures of the Bliss before heading back on board for my second shower of the day. After that, I hit the garden cafe for a proper lunch, and then walked through the observation lounge to scout for sleepers. (By the way, the sleeper count was nine) Which brings us right up to now.

I will try and upload a ton of Trunk Bay pictures if the internet will cooperate. I will just let the pictures speak for themselves...

• Like 1

IMG_20181204_085120265.thumb.jpg.c68e7dd48938865d4a71bcc81d122d0b.jpg

4 minutes ago, klarson1027 said:

How much did it cost you to get to Trunk Bay and back? Thinking of going but not sure if we want to do the excursion or just go ourselves? We are there from 7-3 in February. Thanks

IMG_20181204_085441037.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, klarson1027 said:

How much did it cost you to get to Trunk Bay and back? Thinking of going but not sure if we want to do the excursion or just go ourselves? We are there from 7-3 in February. Thanks

Taxi to Red Hook and back=$25- round trip ferry tickets=$16 - round trip from Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay=$12

• Like 1

I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to upload some photos, and I think two or three actually worked... I'm sitting at the mojito bar drinking, but I'm not even bothering with drink photos, it's just too frustrating. I think half the fault is the internet but the way the new website works (or, doesn't work)

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to go somewhere else on the ship and hope for better luck uploading.

IMG_20181204_105418157-4008x3006.jpg

On 12/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, sid_9169 said:

First day on board. All the new cruisers seem to be lost still. Even I am so used to the other away class ships that I forget that the Bliss is very different. I'll be giving you all the full tour throughout the week. It's very different than any other NCL ship.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Edited by 50SumthinCruisers
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dayana said:

Ok, I just spent the better part of the afternoon trying to upload a couple of pictures. Then it wouldn't even let me login at all. Now I'm finally logged in, and the battery on my Droid is nearly dead. I spent the afternoon drinking and attempting to post, and I'm this close to smashing my phone and chucking it overboard.

The spider... Ahhh, the spider. To tell you the truth, he must have escaped at some point, because when I got back on board I dumped everything out and it wasn't there. I really am not a fan at all of spiders. I kill them whenever I find them in or around my house. I'm sure they serve their purpose, most of which is to give me the heebee jeebees... I'm not particularly scared of them, I just find their angular body structure repulsive. Anyhoo, I have no idea what really happened to it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1