sid_9169

Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Alrighty, then... I was able, with my superior typing skills of over four words per minute, to compile the thank you list for the adventure that we all just endured... I can't express enough how much that you're input meant to me over the last week or so.

LOVE to you. Nothing but love.  Thank you so much.

Thank YOU for taking us along on your journey. Love your view on vacationing, we feel similar. Ok, February right, this same board? I’m in, see you then! 😀

Thank you very much for sticking with the report despite the technical issues!! It was very enjoyable to read. 

Edited by ktmush2

Thanks for another amazing and amusing review. You have a great outlook on life. You're a great photographer too. Which phone did you use for the beautiful beach shots? I need to upgrade to a new big girl phone and would love a recommendation.

18 minutes ago, CRUISERMOMX3 said:

Thanks for another amazing and amusing review. You have a great outlook on life. You're a great photographer too. Which phone did you use for the beautiful beach shots? I need to upgrade to a new big girl phone and would love a recommendation.

Actually, all of my port photos were taken with my 3 1/2 year old Motorola Droid Turbo II, which they don't even make anymore, and is obsolete by today's standards... Everything else was on my Google Pixel II XL, which has a state of the art camera. Thanks again for following...

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to post this review and include us on your trip.  Hope you had a good time, despite coming down with a bug.  

Hats off, Kudos to you Sid, and thanks for all your efforts (followed along but forgot to subscribe).

I've read many "live" reviews and this has to be the most enjoyable while still paying homage to the famous late night  postings from the "Dougout"  

Take care and hope to cruise with you one day 🙂

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

Sid, thanks for the thanks.  I just love your attitude and am trying to adopt a little of it myself.  Took two vacations this year, after years of never taking any, and am planning my second cruise for next April.  

And thank you for taking time to keep us all entertained and informed.  It is much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

Hats off, Kudos to you Sid, and thanks for all your efforts (followed along but forgot to subscribe).

I've read many "live" reviews and this has to be the most enjoyable while still paying homage to the famous late night  postings from the "Dougout"  

Take care and hope to cruise with you one day 🙂

Thank you very much for your complements... I just fly by the seat of the pants, and whatever happens is what I write...

Sid... or your real name? your humility is very sweet. You have such panache, it's really a shame you can't bottle it and sell it... you'd be a millionaire before you reached... well, my age for sure, lol.  I keep going back in your review to make sure I didnt' miss anything. Thanks again for taking so much your time to share so much  of your cruise. 

Be well and prosper.. 

cheers

Loved your review and photos. The website finally settled down long enough for me to catch up 😊

Yeah...I just binged watched added pics!  Super cool pics!  Glad it all worked out! 

I am heading out on 10/13/19 for Bermuda on Escape out of NY (simple Bucket List item to hit Bermuda).  I love your attitude and will try to "squeeze" in another cruise in between there.

I had an amazing time my last Solo Cruise, therefore I want more 🙂

I met up with "CC Roll Call" and we had a blast!  I can't believe I am still alive!  LOL!  I could tell you stories, but I am not gonna hijack :classic_ohmy:

Solo rates are CRAZY and NCL only has a handful of ships that have Solo Cabins that subsidize. Sailings are limited, and I need definitive plans for work.  Damn!  I wish I could book 1 week in advance!   LOL!

Work hard, play hard.  You are correct...life is too short 🙂

I will be following when you set sail in February....

🙂

What a treat to follow along. Thanks so much

Regarding OL, my favorite plan is to take a group of fellow cruisers, have a few drinks, and sit next to the sleepers. I know I get louder the more drinks I have! Sure to wake them up.

Will look forward to future reviews. Enjoy!

Bravo Sid!  Thank you again for going through the effort (and aggravation) to satisfy your captive audience.  I hope we get to sail together again one of these days.  And yeah, I'll mention the Encore inaugural T/A again just in case!  Be well!

10 hours ago, ellenw said:

What a treat to follow along. Thanks so much

Regarding OL, my favorite plan is to take a group of fellow cruisers, have a few drinks, and sit next to the sleepers. I know I get louder the more drinks I have! Sure to wake them up.

Will look forward to future reviews. Enjoy!

This sounds like something I would do... Only, I would be talking to myself, which I do sometimes anyway...

16 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

Bravo Sid!  Thank you again for going through the effort (and aggravation) to satisfy your captive audience.  I hope we get to sail together again one of these days.  And yeah, I'll mention the Encore inaugural T/A again just in case!  Be well!

The T/A is a bit out of my price and getting off of work range, but I'd like to try one day...

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Only, I would be talking to myself, which I do sometimes anyway...

Well Sid, sometimes when you talk to yourself it's the most intelligent conversation you have all day.

After a considerable amount of deliberation, I've decided not to "go Live" on the Breakaway in February... After fighting against horribly slow upload speeds on the Bliss, I have to believe the BA will be the same or probably worse. I just don't need that kind of stress while on vacation.  I will, however be doing a "before & after" version, beginning with the usual pre-cruise shenanigans, this time in New Orleans!... This will be my first time sailing from there, and my first "real" visit to the city. Hotel and flights are booked, so stay tuned for a modified version of the usual review... 

Join me, beginning on or about February 5th 2019, when we get away on the Breakaway!...

Although i will miss your "Live review" I more than understand. Your vacation should be stress free. I look forward to your post review and pictures. Thanks for all you have done.

7 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

Although i will miss your "Live review" I more than understand. Your vacation should be stress free. I look forward to your post review and pictures. Thanks for all you have done.

It'll basically be the same thing, just not the "live action - play by play" version... 

AWWWW! I love your LIVE reviews, but totally understand the frustration doing them with the "new and improved" CC. Either way, I will always follow whatever type of review you do :classic_smile: Enjoy the BA!

Ah finally caught up from when you were in Nassau to now - LOVED your additional pics, and you truly have a great attitude to life and travel. 

So sorry to hear about your friends passing. But I feel similarly to you - when someone close passes, it really puts things into perspective at how short and precious life truly is. Through her passing, you found life's meaning and more joy - and for that she'll always be with you.

Thanks for such a great review! I'll be following your Breakaway adventure as well (and yeah - don't go live if it adds stress! That's the opposite of what a vacation should do!)