Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

Bravo Sid!  Thank you again for going through the effort (and aggravation) to satisfy your captive audience.  I hope we get to sail together again one of these days.  And yeah, I'll mention the Encore inaugural T/A again just in case!  Be well!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellenw said:

What a treat to follow along. Thanks so much

Regarding OL, my favorite plan is to take a group of fellow cruisers, have a few drinks, and sit next to the sleepers. I know I get louder the more drinks I have! Sure to wake them up.

Will look forward to future reviews. Enjoy!

This sounds like something I would do... Only, I would be talking to myself, which I do sometimes anyway...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

Bravo Sid!  Thank you again for going through the effort (and aggravation) to satisfy your captive audience.  I hope we get to sail together again one of these days.  And yeah, I'll mention the Encore inaugural T/A again just in case!  Be well!

The T/A is a bit out of my price and getting off of work range, but I'd like to try one day...

After a considerable amount of deliberation, I've decided not to "go Live" on the Breakaway in February... After fighting against horribly slow upload speeds on the Bliss, I have to believe the BA will be the same or probably worse. I just don't need that kind of stress while on vacation.  I will, however be doing a "before & after" version, beginning with the usual pre-cruise shenanigans, this time in New Orleans!... This will be my first time sailing from there, and my first "real" visit to the city. Hotel and flights are booked, so stay tuned for a modified version of the usual review... 

Join me, beginning on or about February 5th 2019, when we get away on the Breakaway!...

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

Although i will miss your "Live review" I more than understand. Your vacation should be stress free. I look forward to your post review and pictures. Thanks for all you have done.

It'll basically be the same thing, just not the "live action - play by play" version... 

• Like 1

Ah finally caught up from when you were in Nassau to now - LOVED your additional pics, and you truly have a great attitude to life and travel. 

So sorry to hear about your friends passing. But I feel similarly to you - when someone close passes, it really puts things into perspective at how short and precious life truly is. Through her passing, you found life's meaning and more joy - and for that she'll always be with you.

Thanks for such a great review! I'll be following your Breakaway adventure as well (and yeah - don't go live if it adds stress! That's the opposite of what a vacation should do!)

• Like 1

Out on deliveries today, I found myself in the ethnic food mecca of the Atlanta area, Buford hwy... Land of every different type of food that you could ever imagine. Today's pick, Gu's Kitchen,  one of the original Sichuan restaurants in the metro. Their food begins at spicy and gos hotter from there. I opted for the Chongqing spicy chicken, filled with Sichuan peppercorns... It's a slow building burn, but filled with different dimensions of flavor.

IMG_20181212_104502.thumb.jpg.a40166fb0ecf24f9249d59cee14daaa2.jpg

IMG_20181212_105020.thumb.jpg.55efe29aa4c7b39b186662a61593aaff.jpg

This is how many peppercorns are in this one dish alone. (You don't actually eat these. You could, but you may not survive)

IMG_20181212_110730.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Thanks for such a daily review.  
Question?  Did the hangover pills work?   If so, what brand?

I used 2 different brands. "Flyby" and "Detoxx for Hangovers"... Both can be found on Amazon. I have to believe that there IS some merit to these products. I drank pretty heavily on most of the days, and never had an actual "hangover" ... There were a couple of mornings that i was a bit "worse for the wear" but, then I was consuming mass quantities of tequila. I would have to say that had I not used these products, there could have been a couple of rough mornings...

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I used 2 different brands. "Flyby" and "Detoxx for Hangovers"... Both can be found on Amazon. I have to believe that there IS some merit to these products. I drank pretty heavily on most of the days, and never had an actual "hangover" ... There were a couple of mornings that i was a bit "worse for the wear" but, then I was consuming mass quantities of tequila. I would have to say that had I not used these products, there could have been a couple of rough mornings...

Good to know.   I sometimes use B4.  Their can logo is what to drink B4 you drink.  Its a can liquid so NCL would never allow it on board.  they sell it at Publix, local grocery story.  My next cruise I must find some pill form LOL

Thanks for recognizing the lurkers!  We too have relished each and every post, since pre-cruise (that steak from the butcher shop looked amazing and delicious!).  Thanks for doing what you do!  We too share your vision of making and sharing memories.

• Like 1

Is Gu's Kitchen Buford Hwy the same as the dumpling place at Krog St Market, or am I confusing names? I am a recent devotee of Szechuan food and Buford Hwy is tops of our list next time we visit Atlanta.

I have been binging your reviews in preparation for my first cruise. Very informative and enjoyable. I can't wait to get your take on New Orleans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taraavo said:

Is Gu's Kitchen Buford Hwy the same as the dumpling place at Krog St Market, or am I confusing names? I am a recent devotee of Szechuan food and Buford Hwy is tops of our list next time we visit Atlanta.

I have been binging your reviews in preparation for my first cruise. Very informative and enjoyable. I can't wait to get your take on New Orleans.

Yes, the new Gu's Kitchen on BuHi is under the same ownership... Their location at KCM is more of a takeout place, and the parking there is abysmal. The original Gu's  closed in 2015, but the new location picks up right where they left off. 

You can literally travel the globe in the span of only several miles on BuHi. Everything from Malaysian, Bangladeshi, Korean, Indonesian, and of course every different Mexican / Central American / South American country...

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 6:41 AM, sid_9169 said:

After a considerable amount of deliberation, I've decided not to "go Live" on the Breakaway in February... After fighting against horribly slow upload speeds on the Bliss, I have to believe the BA will be the same or probably worse. I just don't need that kind of stress while on vacation.  I will, however be doing a "before & after" version, beginning with the usual pre-cruise shenanigans, this time in New Orleans!... This will be my first time sailing from there, and my first "real" visit to the city. Hotel and flights are booked, so stay tuned for a modified version of the usual review... 

Join me, beginning on or about February 5th 2019, when we get away on the Breakaway!...

That's okay by me. I'll be cruising starting the 9th, so I'd miss most of the live part anyway....At least I know I'll have one god review to read when I get back to combat the post cruise blues. I'm pretty sure I won't be booking another cruise right away this time....

• Like 1

Lurker here who enjoyed your review! Your beach pictures took my breath away and allowed me to escape to that happy cruise place in my mind for a bit. Jealous you were witness to some mighty new ships all together in Naussau. So many ships but too little $$! Still have the Escape and Bliss to look forward to down the road. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us!! Like others I enjoyed the commentary that accompanied the stunning photos. 

• Like 1

Our company holiday party is tonight... I'm attempting to skirt the line between "feeling good" and "getting totally wasted and getting fired"... (***Years ago, I did end up getting really sloshed at the company party and lost my job...) 

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Our company holiday party is tonight... I'm attempting to skirt the line between "feeling good" and "getting totally wasted and getting fired"... (***Years ago, I did end up getting really sloshed at the company party and lost my job...) 

Ummm.  Getting fired is not an option.  You have cruises to pay for, so keep drinks to a minimum.  LOL!

Holiday parties are overrated and stuffy. You have to dress up, be nice, and have casual conversations with coworkers who lack intelligence and are losers.  Not my idea of a good time!  LOL! 

I always graciously decline the infamous/dreaded "Holiday Party".

JMO 🙂

• Like 2