New Shore Excursions!

Travelcat2

Poss, for us, it's all about the ship and the weather.  We generally choose November 1 - February 1 Caribbean itineraries to get out of the rain.  I prefer an itinerary that includes Barbados, but my husband likes St. Barts and the BVIs.  Next month, we'll sail Miami - Miami on Voyager (San Juan, Tortola, St. John's, Gustavia, Phillipsburg).  In general, I prefer Silver Seas' itineraries but the vibe on Regent ships.

5 hours ago, Sheltieluv said:

Hi Wendy,  I'm looking at former offerings through their shore excursions tab and not what's offered for our cruise, as they aren't listed yet.

I'll keep plugging away at it.  Thanks for your suggestion for Columbia.  We've already done the Highlights of Santa Marta so I'm looking into other options.  We'd really like to just revisit the cathedral and walk around, but I'm not sure it's advisable.

Hi.  I've been doing a lot of this these days with no problems, although I admit I haven't tried the filters.  Will do so and see what happens!  Don't know about Santa Marta itself, sorry. 

The only suggestion I have is to perhaps try a different browser.  Sometimes I have great trouble with my normal browser, Chrome, and have to resort to Microsoft Edge for the Regent website (although my Chrome seems to be handling the filters just fine on my first attempt just now.) 

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

We embark on the Explorer in three weeks. We have already booked our excursions but the new policy seems very exciting particularly the excursions with fewer participants. Will the new policy apply on our forthcoming cruise?

1 hour ago, eliana said:

We embark on the Explorer in three weeks. We have already booked our excursions but the new policy seems very exciting particularly the excursions with fewer participants. Will the new policy apply on our forthcoming cruise?

eliana,

Currently these are available in Med & Northern Europe during 2019 and in Buenos Aires and Montevideo in South America in early 2019.  Not sure if you're on the Jan 20th voyage, but there should be a couple of options at the end in BA and Montevideo accordingly. 

Additional destinations will be added throughout 2019.

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Sounds like we're on the same sailing.        🚢

No. We are on the Explorer, sailing on 6 January from Cape Town to Rio and then continuing to BA.

Edited by eliana

1 hour ago, eliana said:

No. We are on the Explorer, sailing on 6 January from Cape Town to Rio and then continuing to BA.

Huh.  No idea why I thought you were doing the Caribbean on Voyager.  We were actually originally booked on the Cape Town to Rio but had to change it out due to the length of the trip...and we ended up sneaking this one in as a substitute.  Still wish we could have swung the extra week and a half, though - that looks to me like an amazing itinerary (of course it is - we booked it originally!!).  We actually plan on trying to get on the same (similar?) sailing in January '21...but that's just so far off.

Enjoy that cruise!!!

• 6 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 1:31 PM, taxare said:

We received this today as well specifically regarding our British Isles cruise this fall. I had looked at the June 1 excursions to prepare for being able to book our excursions in January. Let me give a couple of examples where the small group tour is being offered. Panoramic Belfast-Regular tour "Retail" $99, Tour price $0. Small group-same tour "Retail" $199, Tour price $49. Caernarfon Castle-Regular tour "Retail" $149, Tour price $0. Small group-"Retail" $199, Tour price $49. In my quick review I didn't see any Go Local tours, I may have missed them. It will be interesting to see if some like TC that prefer private tours may book some of these instead. Interesting choices.

taxare, please excuse my ignorance - this is our first cruise with RSSC. Where can I find prices - I cannot see them on the list of excursions, must be missing something? TYIA 

Kiwi, it would be helpful to know which cruise and when you are going, to help you specifically. You would hope the information would be easy to find and the excursions offered further in advance, but not necessarily so...

On 6/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, taxare said:

Kiwi, it would be helpful to know which cruise and when you are going, to help you specifically. You would hope the information would be easy to find and the excursions offered further in advance, but not necessarily so...

taxare, my apologies, I've missed this post 🙂 as I've been reading 2-3 threads on the subject I think some wires crossed in in my blond head, apologies 🙂