January 05, 2019 NCL Sun cruise

Nothing happens,  it keeps kicking me back to the Community board...am using a computer at home...very strange that I can view the roll call for the January 19, 2019 cruise...My cruise (Jan. 5, 2019) shows no members....

wanted very much to be in the roll call as I want to do some of the group excursions..

I was able to see threads from others and did sign up and get confirmation for Patrick Watts Penguin Tour Falkland Island..

2 minutes ago, School bus driver said:

I used a hyperlink that  another one sent to me a few minutes ago...will see in a few minutes if this works...

both  the links posted  here go to the Roll Call for your sailing

both show  7 pages of posts   your last post  there is #266  so not sure  what you are doing 

If you are trying to join the M & G  just post your info in that thread

Good luck

Am trying to see the excursions that others have found as the ones on NCL are very over priced in my opinion.

I have the meet and greet info...I have been getting info by clicking on others profiles...very strange as I have used roll call other times for different cruises.

Will try later...have to get ready to go out...thank you for your help..I appreciate it...

OK I suspect the problem might be that the OP is in Europe.

Perhaps when they created the roll call they were logged onto cruisecritic.co.uk.

@HeinBloed    Do you normally log into cc.co.uk or cc.com?

If so and the Roll Call Tool creates the rollcall on cc.com  then it may not pick

up the "Discussion" from .co.uk

This is only a theory.

In order to correct it you can try emailing help@cruisecritic.com and   advising the

problem. and ask if they can attach the discussion to the Roll Call.

Maybe  point them to this thread so they can see better the problem rather than

try and explain it.

58 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Perhaps when they created the roll call they were logged onto cruisecritic.co.uk.

The OP in this  thread is in NY state

I have no problem seeing the roll call  & we are in Canada

I think it is more "operator error"  😉

Looks like they figured it out  ..for today at least

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

@HeinBloed    Do you normally log into cc.co.uk or cc.com?

If so and the Roll Call Tool creates the rollcall on cc.com  then it may not pick

up the "Discussion" from .co.uk

This is only a theory.

In order to correct it you can try emailing help@cruisecritic.com and   advising the

problem. and ask if they can attach the discussion to the Roll Call.

Maybe  point them to this thread so they can see better the problem rather than

try and explain it.

I am using .com but as far as I see the boards are identical.

Only the contents are occasionally different.

2012-NCL-SUN-150405.jpg

Cruise Director Jamie as the last person who said goodbye to us when we left NORWEGIAN SUN in 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark after the Iceland-Cruise and I heard that she will be on board when we are sailing... So looking forward to seeing her again...

@HeinBloed

Dont think you meant to post that in the HELP forum.

@LHT28    Yes I should have said the OP in the Roll Call Discussion.

So when you go to the Roll Call Here

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=24&ship_id=177&sailing_date=201901

Do you see something different?     Note the 0 members

image.png.0680f4034ccd128399379c3237b9fe2b.png

And you dont get this when you click discussion?

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no posts to show

Error code: 2F173/L

Well in that case, when they have merged the threads they lost the link to the Roll call page

As I said before it needs someone to contact Cruisecritic and ask if they can link the

now merged threads to the Discussion tab on the RolL Call page.

It goes always to the start of the roll-call - so to my original posting which was of December 2016.

Everyone should check before starting a roll-call if there is already one open - not only in the "Search tool" but also in the regular ship's threads list.

But it also happens there are some who do not accept that others are faster and start a new one... unless they are merged and wondering where their thread is now.

The problem was: the admin of the NCL threads was not fast enough to check all incoming postings to set up the link properly.

28 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Well in that case, when they have merged the threads they lost the link to the Roll call page

As I said before it needs someone to contact Cruisecritic and ask if they can link the

now merged threads to the Discussion tab on the RolL Call page.

Feel free to contact:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/48764-host-cecilia/

I am not on the cruise I couldnt really care less!

However you are on the cruise and could attempt to make it good

rather than have people floundering around,  maybe because you had the

threads merged and didnt follow up at the time getting the merged

discussion re connected.

33 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

The current live roll call thread is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2561602-norwegian-sun-jan-5-2019-dep-buenos-aires/

(title: NORWEGIAN SUN Jan 5, 2019 dep Buenos Aires, apparently started by HeinBloed on 18 December 2016).

The other roll call thread is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2347509-roll-call-norwegian-sun-jan-5-19-2019-dep-buenos-aires/ (title: ROLL CALL: NORWEGIAN SUN Jan 5-19, 2019 dep Buenos Aires, apparently started by HeinBloed on 9 July 2018). This one seems to be locked as all the contents are inaccessible.

As has sometimes been the case, the roll call landing page (https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/norwegian-sun-january-5-2019/) is currently pointing to the wrong thread. That's really the source of the OP's trouble.

28 minutes ago, HeinBloed said:

Everyone should check before starting a roll-call if there is already one open - not only in the "Search tool" but also in the regular ship's threads list.

In an ideal world, this would solve all the problems. But so often we see people who say that they have looked in the roll call forum listing and not seen an existing roll call thread, when in truth the thread has been in the top ten - sometimes the top three - and has been there for ages. Some people do seem to find it impossible to see what is right under their noses.

Anyway, this post does seem to be more at home in the roll call thread itself rather than here: 

6 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

The other roll call thread is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2347509-roll-call-norwegian-sun-jan-5-19-2019-dep-buenos-aires/ (title: ROLL CALL: NORWEGIAN SUN Jan 5-19, 2019 dep Buenos Aires, apparently started by HeinBloed on 9 July 2018). This one seems to be locked as all the contents are inaccessible.

I started only in 2016.

When others started in July 2018 and it merged it became automatically the same title as the one I started in 2016.

But as said before: I HAD NO REASON TO START AGAIN A THREAD SINCE I STARTED IN DECEMBER 2016.