Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

8 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I received one for NYE Rhapsody 

$350 for RS, $250 for GS and $150 for JS. 

It says per person, but I’m going alone. 

Are they going to charge me double because I had to pay double only had to pay double because it is a holiday?

Normally, I pay 150% 

Singles will be charged double rate.  It is clearly stated in the terms and conditions

About two weeks before our mid December Symphony cruise we got sent these offers. If you go online to try and book a suite, none of the rooms are available, but still got sent these.

There are 4 of us in an A1 Aqua Theatre suite, while the prices are pp, reading the fine print, it states that only 2 people would be charged, so double the costs below. If we weren’t in an A1 I would be tempted, but location and large deck is what we are interested in, plus first time on an Oasis class.

Royal Loft Suite - $2,600 pp

Ultimate Family Suite - $2,600 pp

Villa Suite - $1,600 pp

Star Loft Suite - $800 pp

As the rooms aren’t available to book outright, I am not sure if they are just on a fishing expedition to see what people will pay. 

We are already in a star class suite, so no difference in benefits as listed in the email. We also got sent 2 reminder emails that these are still available. The last one being 6 days before the cruise 

I got the offer, or my 13yo DD did actually lol.  I'm always the one who plans all our vacations, so its always my email used for all of us.  I always opt in for marketing, because maybe some day I'll get lucky and be able to book one of those great priced last minute deals.  I'm also the vacation planner for work...we have an awesome boss who takes us all on a team building cruise every few years.  I use my email for that too.  And I NEVER get any emails addressed to me personally. I get them because I use my own address just for convenience sake.  It's almost like a bad joke.  

So, for our upcoming cruise on Anthem, December 29, we got the offer, and before I bothered to make a bid I checked availability and suite prices.  All the bidable categories were available, so I made a bid.  And now I wait.  Today I was curious and looked again, and found the ship no longer had any category other than OV, all balconies and suites said sold out.  I haven't heard either way on the success of my bid. 

16 hours ago, NanciRDH said:

I got the offer, or my 13yo DD did actually lol.  I'm always the one who plans all our vacations, so its always my email used for all of us.  I always opt in for marketing, because maybe some day I'll get lucky and be able to book one of those great priced last minute deals.  I'm also the vacation planner for work...we have an awesome boss who takes us all on a team building cruise every few years.  I use my email for that too.  And I NEVER get any emails addressed to me personally. I get them because I use my own address just for convenience sake.  It's almost like a bad joke.  

So, for our upcoming cruise on Anthem, December 29, we got the offer, and before I bothered to make a bid I checked availability and suite prices.  All the bidable categories were available, so I made a bid.  And now I wait.  Today I was curious and looked again, and found the ship no longer had any category other than OV, all balconies and suites said sold out.  I haven't heard either way on the success of my bid. 

I hope you get it!  What do you have now and what are you bidding on?  Just curious.

5 hours ago, fridaythe13th said:

I hope you get it!  What do you have now and what are you bidding on?  Just curious.

Thanks!  Deck 6 obstructed view balcony, and I put in for a GS.    And the wait to find out either way is just as bad as waiting for Santa when I was a kid! LOL   

On 12/10/2018 at 9:31 PM, timf2001 said:

Has anyone who is booked through the wholesale store TA received offers to bid?  I know they don't participate with NCL's bidding process and am wondering if they participate with RCI since I usually book through them.

Yes, one in December, but none on the two in January.  Or beyond that for what it's worth.

The email CC'd our K warehouse TA.

7 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Yes, one in December, but none on the two in January.  Or beyond that for what it's worth.

The email CC'd our K warehouse TA.

Thanks for the report.  Any correlation between cruises booked under a group rate (Buyer's Choice/K Signature) vs. those booked at normal rates?

Just had offer approved from a Balcony to A Grand suite, it’s just on the 5 day 4 night Brilliance out of Tampa but worth the $450 total IMO

Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

What to do now:

• You have been upgraded to the Grand Suite stateroom.
  • When you log in you'll see your new stateroom number, which is assigned based on availability.

Edited by Dbittma3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dbittma3 said:

Just had offer approved from a Balcony to A Grand suite, it’s just on the 5 day 4 night Brilliance out of Tampa but worth the $450 total IMO

What to do now:

• When you log in you'll see your new stateroom number, which is assigned based on availability.

Not a bad deal for balcony to GS.:classic_smile:

28 minutes ago, Dbittma3 said:

What to do now:

When is your cruise? We got an offer up on our brilliance 4 day too but not GS just JS.

Edited by GalwayGirl03

1 hour ago, Dbittma3 said:

What to do now:

Great price.  I would definitely do it for that price froma balcony to a GS.  Just having the bigger room would justify the price.  How does your upgrade price with original balcony fare compare to the cost of a GS?

Got it, twice as a matter of fact.  Few quirks though for us.  1:  I don't see *any* of the upgraded rooms available online for our cruise (Oasis over NYE).  2:  we've got adjoining rooms for us and our kids.  Not sold on having to be adjoining, but prefer to have them at least in the same general area.  unfortunately RC treats each bid as a standalone, so we could win and get upgraded and kids room left on the opposite end of the ship on another deck (or vice versa).  told them I'd gladly bid if they could keep us in the same general area, but no love.  Oh well, we'll see if they offer something when we check in, but doubtful.  that said, ten more days.....ten more days...ten more days....

Just to close the loop on my RoyalUp experience.  Received the offer for my Jewel Panama Canal Cruise in February.  Had a balcony guarantee reservation.  Bid on the 4 suite options available.  

Last week I got our cabin assignment.  9th Floor balcony cabin so alas, no suite upgrade.  

Did not receive any emails from RCI stating my bids were not accepted but was able to figure that out when I got the cabin assignment!

16 minutes ago, MsYukon said:

Did not receive any emails from RCI stating my bids were not accepted but was able to figure that out when I got the cabin assignment!

It is very likely your GTY booking assignment has nothing to do with the Royal UP offers.

You should get an e-mail right after you bid to confirm the bid. From initial reporting, Royal UP bid upgrades don't happen till fairly close to sailing (unless you bid some really high amount which RCI can't turn down) - you are still too far out. The day before sailing you should get an e-mail saying you did not get an upgrade.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, coaster said:

The trend I see is that only those who have a cruise a few days away are getting some bids accepted. Anyone get an acceptance for a cruise that is in January or later?

Coaster, I got the offer the first day the promotion started.  I bid on all categories offered and a few days later our bid for a sky loft suite on Anthem was accepted.  We sail January 6th.  Went from Junior suite to sky loft.  Dan

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It is very likely your GTY booking assignment has nothing to do with the Royal UP offers.

You should get an e-mail right after you bid to confirm the bid. From initial reporting, Royal UP bid upgrades don't happen till fairly close to sailing (unless you bid some really high amount which RCI can't turn down) - you are still too far out. The day before sailing you should get an e-mail saying you did not get an upgrade.

Got the email acknowledging the bid. 

Never thought there was still a chance we could be upgraded - thanks for replying.  Fingers are now crossed again.

Happy sailing!

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Coaster, I got the offer the first day the promotion started.  I bid on all categories offered and a few days later our bid for a sky loft suite on Anthem was accepted.  We sail January 6th.  Went from Junior suite to sky loft.  Dan

Thank you for sharing. Our cruise is the last week of January on Rhapsody so maybe there is a chance I will get an acceptance on my bids from the inside I originally booked.

I recently received a second solicitation to bid on suites for my Enchantment 3 night sailing in January.  We are in an aft JS, so no interest in changing.  If it were a longer cruise or on a ship where being in a full-fledged suite makes more of a difference I might bid.  

8 hours ago, kccrzr said:

I recently received a second solicitation to bid on suites for my Enchantment 3 night sailing in January.  We are in an aft JS, so no interest in changing.  If it were a longer cruise or on a ship where being in a full-fledged suite makes more of a difference I might bid.  

Do you recall if your second solicitation had different minimum bids than the first?

I would hope they notify those who get an upgrade at least enough in advance so  when they drop off their luggage they have the correct stateroom numbers on their tags. 

The 48 hour statement sounds like a little close to me.

Could be a problem for those who may not have access to their emails for a few days before sail date..

Murphy's Luggage Law.

Edited by boscobeans
correction