Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

I no longer have any hope for my 12/29 Anthem offer getting accepted.  I looked before i made it to check prices and availability, making sure the bid was reasonable mostly, and at that time (December 4) Sky loft, OS, GS, and balcony were all available.  A week later all the  suites  showed as unavailable, and have been since, I didn't bid on a balcony since that's what we were in already.  But who knows, maybe it's still a surprise waiting to happen, I haven't gotten the unsuccessful bid email yet.  

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you recall if your second solicitation had different minimum bids than the first?

I did not keep the two emails but I believe the stated minimum bids were the same starting at $150 pp for a GS and going up from there for other suites. Either they didn’t get many bites or they really want  my aft JS.

28 minutes ago, payitforward said:

I think I've read the vast majority of the posts in this thread, but didn't see this: has anyone gotten offers if traveling in a group?

We booked two rooms together, but were told each "bid" is looked at individually, so as I posted earlier it would have been possible (probable) that one of rooms won and the other did not.

31 minutes ago, payitforward said:

I think I've read the vast majority of the posts in this thread, but didn't see this: has anyone gotten offers if traveling in a group?

I am travelling with others - 4 linked rooms (not in a group from a TA) - and I received the emails to bid.  The 3 other rooms are RC and/or cruise newbies and no one else has mentioned getting bid offers.

12 minutes ago, otterden said:

We booked two rooms together, but were told each "bid" is looked at individually, so as I posted earlier it would have been possible (probable) that one of rooms won and the other did not.

3 minutes ago, ptod said:

I am travelling with others - 4 linked rooms (not in a group from a TA) - and I received the emails to bid.  The 3 other rooms are RC and/or cruise newbies and no one else has mentioned getting bid offers.

Thank you both. I have a group of 21 cabins on Oasis in February and know that nobody in our group has received emails at this point.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:31 AM, Biker19 said:

It is very likely your GTY booking assignment has nothing to do with the Royal UP offers.

You should get an e-mail right after you bid to confirm the bid. From initial reporting, Royal UP bid upgrades don't happen till fairly close to sailing (unless you bid some really high amount which RCI can't turn down) - you are still too far out. The day before sailing you should get an e-mail saying you did not get an upgrade.

Biker19 - you were absolutely correct!  My RoyalUp WAS accepted so moving into a Junior Suite (up from my balcony guarantee) on Deck 10! No email of “official acceptance” but got my final invoice from RCI which showed the new cabin # and the additional payment.

So exciting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MsYukon said:

Biker19 - you were absolutely correct!  My RoyalUp WAS accepted so moving into a Junior Suite (up from my balcony guarantee) on Deck 10! No email of “official acceptance” but got my final invoice from RCI which showed the new cabin # and the additional payment.

So exciting.

If you don't mind, share the details, please.

Length of cruise.  Original price.  Your accepted bid.

Thank you.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, shirazcruiser said:

Will RCCL send a Royal Up if you booked with a TA?  Also, does it matter if my preferences reflect no automatic upgrade which I assume is a perk of the past with this new program?

Same question here. Seems that they may not send them if booked through TA. I always use TA and never get Royal up offers.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, payitforward said:

Thank you both. I have a group of 21 cabins on Oasis in February and know that nobody in our group has received emails at this point.

I'm on Oasis 2/24/19 and haven't received an email, although it's just one cabin.  Can we call RC and ask for the email?  Seriously, I want to bid!!

8 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

I'm on Oasis 2/24/19 and haven't received an email, although it's just one cabin.  Can we call RC and ask for the email?  Seriously, I want to bid!!

No provision for calling to get the upgrade email.

1 hour ago, fridaythe13th said:

I am on that cruise with you.  I also have not received that email...but have received one for each cruise before that.  I think it may be too early for our late February cruise to get one yet. 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am on that cruise with you.  I also have not received that email...but have received one for each cruise before that.  I think it may be too early for our late February cruise to get one yet. 

Not many cabins left but it's always fun bidding!  I haven't received an email for our 1/20/19 cruise. I'm not worried about that one because we have a great balcony next to my sister and BIL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Reid said:

I have just received my second "invitation" to bid for my January 6 Anthem cruise. Tempting, but I won't do it for the same reason I don't book a guarantee. I need to know the room location.

Come on John. have some fun and roll the dice.  We bid and got the Sky loft suite.  You don't have many options of where you are going to be if you bid on those.

2 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Come on John. have some fun and roll the dice.  We bid and got the Sky loft suite.  You don't have many options of where you are going to be if you bid on those.

Explain your bid, from what to what and how much did you bid?