Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

More food for thought..... just because your bid isn't accepted, doesn't mean it wasn't strong enough....maybe there weren't any cancellations for the cabins you were offered to bid on.

It appears that all cruises are either sold out or close to being sold out when they send the Royal-Up emails.... so there has to be last minute cancellations for the bids to be accepted...

Just my .02 worth...………  

We are waiting for our denial email.  Should come tomorrow.  Bid the min also on a cabin that doesn't exist since the sailing is and has been sold out.  We sail Monday and didn't get the offer until this week

We got an offer email 75 days out from our upcoming cruise in May, spacious balcony room, junior suite and Grand Suite. We are already in a regular balcony and current cabin availability for anything higher then a regular balcony cabin is zero............So not really sure why they sent out offers with people that are all ready booked in a standard balcony cabin...........seems like a waste of time sending out emails.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We got an offer email 75 days out from our upcoming cruise in May, spacious balcony room, junior suite and Grand Suite. We are already in a regular balcony and current cabin availability for anything higher then a regular balcony cabin is zero............So not really sure why they sent out offers with people that are all ready booked in a standard balcony cabin...........seems like a waste of time sending out emails.

I agree with you.  I received an offer and my friend also received an offer we have adjoining balconies and are happy with our choice.  There really isn't any inventory left for this cruise so they are just gathering the list of people who are interested in case someone cancels.  Leaving on the Anthem in 13 days then the countdown is on for the Ovation which is my bucket list trip.

Just received my email, $200 total to jump from Ocean View (2N-deck 3) to Full view balcony (deck 6-7-8).  Leaving March 15 and figure temps for the first 2 days and last 2 days wont allow for sitting out. Thoughts appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Edhoff said:

Just received my email, $200 total to jump from Ocean View (2N-deck 3) to Full view balcony (deck 6-7-8).  Leaving March 15 and figure temps for the first 2 days and last 2 days wont allow for sitting out. Thoughts appreciated.

So, the minimum bid is $100 pp?  That doesn't mean that that is the price you would pay.  It's a MINIMUM bid.  They are also inviting you to bid more.

If you could get it for $200, should you take it? I would.  But it may take more than that to win the upgrade.

Hello fellow cruisers!

Received my first RoyalUp email today for our upcoming cruise.  I find the minimum prices to be quite disappointing.  Balcony: minimum $300 per guest; Ocean view:  minimum $100 per guest and minimum $50 per guest for promenade view.  For those who have received a RoyalUp email, do you usually just get one opportunity?  Or have you received additional emails with lower prices?  Also, if they accept your bid, do you get to select your own cabin or do they assign it to you?  Thanks all and happy cruising!

Just go my first Royal up offer for our April 26th Mariner cruise.  We are booked in an interior cabin. Price is $35 for promenade, $45 for an OV and $100 for an OVB.  I bid the minimum on all of them.  I'm considering cancelling my bid on the OVB.  It's only a three day cruise so $100 pp seems not worth it after thinking about it a little.

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Just go my first Royal up offer for our April 26th Mariner cruise.  We are booked in an interior cabin. Price is $35 for promenade, $45 for an OV and $100 for an OVB.  I bid the minimum on all of them.  I'm considering cancelling my bid on the OVB.  It's only a three day cruise so $100 pp seems not worth it after thinking about it a little.

I'd also cancel the PR.  For $20 more, I'd much prefer the OV.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I'd also cancel the PR.  For $20 more, I'd much prefer the OV.

Really why...  I'm not questing your decision, I'm just interesting in knowing why an OV is so much more desirable to you>

We just got back from our cruise on the Indy- we had bids in the high range (strong) for Royal Suite, owners suite, 2 bedroom grand suite and 1bedroom grand suite and a min bid on the junior suite (we were in a spacious balcony room).  We didn’t win any of the bids and didn’t get the denial letter until 6pm night before boarding.

I don’t think anyone on that sailing won their bid.  It was a full ship.

• Thanks 1

Recently went on a last minute cruise, booked 3 weeks before sailing and took an inside guarantee sailing solo.  I got the upgrade for an outside cabin that was mid-ship for only $90.  I appreciated the window, but sorely missed my balcony.  I will hold out next time.  I spent the extra $$$ I would have paid for the balcony and bought dinner packages, ate every night and 2 lunches in specialty dining.  It was perfect for a solo traveler, the more intimate setting...and sommelier made sure my wine glass was always topped up :)

Great Trip !! 

We are on the Allure Mid May and just got the Royal up E-mail.  We are booked in Ocean view Large Balcony stateroom and the upgrades were for an Ultra Spacious ocean view at a min bid of $100 per person, JS $150 per person, GS at $450 per person and up.

I am thinking about bidding on the Junior Suite.  The cruise seems pretty booked up so we are not having good feeling's about the odds but nothing ventured nothing gained.  

I would be interested in hearing about success stories if anyone cares to share.

Good luck everyone...

7 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

We are on the Allure Mid May and just got the Royal up E-mail.  We are booked in Ocean view Large Balcony stateroom and the upgrades were for an Ultra Spacious ocean view at a min bid of $100 per person, JS $150 per person, GS at $450 per person and up.

I am thinking about bidding on the Junior Suite.  The cruise seems pretty booked up so we are not having good feeling's about the odds but nothing ventured nothing gained.  

I would be interested in hearing about success stories if anyone cares to share.

Good luck everyone...

I considered bidding on a JS as well (currently in OVB) but ultimately decided that without at least Sky level perks it wasn't worth it.  I did bid on the GS though.  

Good luck to you!