Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Could be many reasons for not getting upgrade emails.  Maybe as simple as the flakey Royal IT.  For years people have complained about not being able to get RC emails no matter what they try.

I get marketing emails.  Even ones I shouldn't. 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I get marketing emails.  Even ones I shouldn't. 😉

Yes, I get the mistake emails too, like excursions on sale for cruises I don't have booked.

Your RoyalUP emails are probably going to some deserving soul.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, I get the mistake emails too, like excursions on sale for cruises I don't have booked.

Your RoyalUP emails are probably going to some deserving soul.

I was talking about the internal ones.  Stopped the subscription,  but they keep coming

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, GalwayGirl03 said:

Yes we got an email for our 2/19 Brilliance sailing but not for our 12/18 freedom

Not surprising. No email for our December 22 Freedom.  Would expect space around the holidays very, very tight and upgrades few and far between.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I think we should all look at prices when we see someone report a bid being accepted.  Might be a precursor to a price drop in the upgraded category.

Have you received any emails for our Adventure cruise yet? I am in a GS both B2B's so maybe that is the reason why I haven't gotten any? 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Have you received any emails for our Adventure cruise yet? I am in a GS both B2B's so maybe that is the reason why I haven't gotten any? 

None at all, but I'm probably in the "persona non grata" group along with Ellen and John.

My report:

Booked a February cruise on the Vision with a TA.  She received a Royal UP (yours) 😄 email on my behalf.

Booked a January cruise on the Grandeur myself.  Received a Royal UP (yours) email today. 

I am quite content with my cabin on both cruises.  I'm B2B on the Grandeur, and would actually entertain the idea on the second half.  Maybe I'll get that in the next few days, but so far, I haven't heard about that one.

• Like 1

For the fun of it, I just placed a bid on an Owner's Suite for Adventure OTS sailing 12/30/18.  We are booked in a Grand Suite, and the suite category has been sold out for some time.  Unlikely my low ball bid will be accepted.  If it is, I will report back.  Hubby thinks we are in a balcony so either way, he will be surprised.  

• Like 1

We have leaving for a cruise at the end of this month and for the first time, we received an email to bid for an upgrade on our room.

The program is called RoyalUp.

Has anyone been succeed at winning a bid for an upgrade on their room?

Realistically, does it happen?

Just curious before we decide to bid or not.

What happen if you win the bid?  They aside you the wining room or do you get to pick within that category?

Thank you,

Danny

5 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

We have leaving for a cruise at the end of this month and for the first time, we received an email to bid for an upgrade on our room.

The program is called RoyalUp.

Has anyone been succeed at winning a bid for an upgrade on their room?

Realistically, does it happen?

Just curious before we decide to bid or not.

What happen if you win the bid?  They aside you the wining room or do you get to pick within that category?

Thank you,

Danny

Program explained in this existing thread:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609863-royal-up-bid-for-stateroom-upgrade/thread

See this thread for offers and winners.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Fairly straightforward,  it is a popup as you create the poll

I am not talking about the person creating but participating?

i can see the pop up easily enough.

Edited by c-leg5