outside front deck

mrstone

So I know that the Retreat is only for suite guests..  Is there a deck in the front of the ship that us regular folk can go out on and enjoy a forward view??  Is there a deck in front of the fitness center thats outside that we can use??  Hoping so!!

• Like 1

VT - I mentioned the deck area outside of the Fitness Center in a different post because my DW likes to do yoga out there on S Class ships. Wonderman came back to me and indicated he thought only Aqua Class cabins or cruisers that purchased Thermal area passes had access to that outdoor deck. I’m hoping he is incorrect. It is the only real outdoor front view for non Suite passengers. Looking forward to your answer. By the way, did you pass out all of your maple syrup?  Be well and board very carefully this cruise. Glad you seem to be doing better. 

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

VT - I mentioned the deck area outside of the Fitness Center in a different post because my DW likes to do yoga out there on S Class ships. Wonderman came back to me and indicated he thought only Aqua Class cabins or cruisers that purchased Thermal area passes had access to that outdoor deck. I’m hoping he is incorrect. It is the only real outdoor front view for non Suite passengers. Looking forward to your answer. By the way, did you pass out all of your maple syrup?  Be well and board very carefully this cruise. Glad you seem to be doing better. 

I did not make a definitive statement. What I had said was that based on the information I saw being posted by early cruisers it appeared to only be limited access because access to the deck is reached via the Thermal Suites which requires a paid pass to enter or to be in Aquaclass, and I welcomed clarity in that post to define what the access was. If you watch the below video and go to around 17:40, you'll see him touring the Thermal Suite. You can see the door to the outside deck after he has already entered the Thermal Suite area. While touring the Thermal Suite he references the outside deck as a place you can walk around. Maybe I was misinterpreting what he was saying but I thought he was referencing that deck as a part of the Thermal Suite area. Now perhaps you can access that deck without a pass/Aquaclass access to enter the Thermal Suite but I'm not sure how they would manage someone going out on that deck and then not sneaking back in to use the Thermal Suite, but who knows, maybe there is a staff member stationed there to watch.

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

It’s on my list of things to find out. There is a hallway to that doorway from the front desk past the barber shop, etc. When I did the Thermal Suites, my Rfid card was for getting from the locker room to the Thermal Suites but I did go to the Relaxation Room after and I almost think I used the card to get back in that hallway. I will check it out. Hopefully it will be for all - a lovely space. She will have to share it with 3 others. 😊

F7FDD8D3-2925-4163-8B82-0D1C6B1657F3.thumb.jpeg.3ec6adbaab7503e74704e41b819054d8.jpeg

Wonderman - I said he thought it was only for Aqua, not definitively. Sorry if you felt I was calling you out on this.

I like to attribute my responses to where I hear or read about what I am asking or saying and not just say - I read this or that or I heard this or that. 

VT posted a few hours ago on her Live review, that the front spa veranda is only for those at the spa so AQ., those with Thermal Suite passes. The door is in the Thermal suites and she did ask specifically if anyone could use it. 😕 I put the link below. That really is to bad. We did purchase a Thermal suit pass, but the price was very high. $399 plus 18% gratuity for a  7 day couples pass. The 2 and 3 day didn't make sense price wise because there was no couples pass. I agree with another poster who noted that this would not be a good ship in Alaska unless you are in a suite. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that this was also going to be a feature on the 5 Solstice class ships as well following their respective re-fits to be 'Edge-ified', as this area was also going to be converted to suites and therefore only accessed by suite passengers. For the majority of passengers that have sailed on Solstice class over the years, something that was there for everyone to enjoy will no longer be available. I suppose on Edge you could argue that if it never existed then you can't really miss it, while the decision to deny access to all passengers to the front will be more noticeable when the Solstice class ships go through their corporate 'Celebrity Revolution'

12 hours ago, savage critic said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that this was also going to be a feature on the 5 Solstice class ships as well following their respective re-fits to be 'Edge-ified', as this area was also going to be converted to suites and therefore only accessed by suite passengers. For the majority of passengers that have sailed on Solstice class over the years, something that was there for everyone to enjoy will no longer be available. I suppose on Edge you could argue that if it never existed then you can't really miss it, while the decision to deny access to all passengers to the front will be more noticeable when the Solstice class ships go through their corporate 'Celebrity Revolution'

That has not been defined as of yet. All we know so far is that part of the Sky Lounge at the front of the S class ships will be removed in order to add Signature Suites and a Reflection Suite. It will mirror the set-up on Reflection. We have not been told that the rest of the Sky Lounge will be replaced with something else; that remains to be seen. Someone who just traveled on Summit reported that for M class they will not be removing the forward facing lounge according to a staff member on board. That could turn out to not be true though. We won't know for sure until Celebrity releases revised deck plans or one of the ships completes its renovation (Millennium is first to be complete in February).