Copacabana vs Pirates Cove?

rubytue

I had pre-booked a package through Tranquility Cruises/Glory Tours that was supposed to go from Pirates Cove. It appears they have now switched to Copacabana.  I can't find any reviews of Copacabana here, but from what I can find on other sites, it looks more crowded and has those blow up things.  While I know nothing on Carlisle Bay will be quiet, I'm a bit nervous about being at a place in the middle of the beach (rather than the end).  Has anyone been to or seen Copacabana?   

I have an email in to glory tours about the change, because I just happened to see it on the website. I'm a bit perturbed that I leave in 2 weeks and they haven't let me know about the change.  So its possible it won't affect me, but their website clearly says they leave from Copacabana, not Pirates Cove.  I didn't even book that far in advance. Mid-October, for a mid-December cruise.  *grumble*

The Boatyard, Cococabana, and Pirates Cove are all in the same general area so if you're just leaving from a different one and not staying at one of the locations I don't see how that would affect you at all.  They're all within easy walking distance of each other.  If you saw pictures of the beach with "blow up things" I'm guessing they were the ones at the Boatyard and I thought they only had one.

Oh, its the before/after part that would be different.  The beach chair/umbrella/drinks part 🙂  The cruise itself won't change.  Sorry for not being clear, I was in a bit of a tizzy about it last night about how they changed and hadn't told me, so I was close to going to the wrong place (ok, ,so like 17 days away from going to the wrong place, but still. LOL)

11 hours ago, cathi007 said:

Can you please post a review on here when you get back? I am looking at the 3 of them, but I think the Boatyard is the one. I would love to hear a review of one of them. Have a great cruise 🙂

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of the Boatyard and other spots linked in her signature (at least it was before the software "upgrade") - check it out!

On 12/3/2018 at 8:22 PM, cathi007 said:

Can you please post a review on here when you get back? I am looking at the 3 of them, but I think the Boatyard is the one. I would love to hear a review of one of them. Have a great cruise 🙂

Sure!  I haven't seen many (or any) of Copacabana.  We are now confirmed at that one, so I will let you know. Check back after the holidays.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We were at Copacabana in Dec at the recommendation of the driver we had.  We were on the Summit. The cost is $25 pp and included beach chair, umbrella, a rum punch and a food/drink credit, the amount of which I apologize but can't remember (might have been $20).

We had each has a decent lunch and bottled water and it was covered. We didn't have additional drinks. The sand is super powdery and the water warm and calm. The entrance area is very nice and the staff are too. Changing rooms are decent.  My main complaint was that the beach chairs are very close together. It turned me off as soon as I saw it. Fortunately we were the only ship in port and the place wasn't very crowded.

There are quite a few venders trying to sell you jewelry and snorkel, turtle, jet ski type stuff. It gets a little annoying but I know they are just trying to make a living.

19 hours ago, Elizabeth K. said:

We were at Copacabana in Dec at the recommendation of the driver we had.  We were on the Summit. The cost is $25 pp and included beach chair, umbrella, a rum punch and a food/drink credit, the amount of which I apologize but can't remember (might have been $20).

We had each has a decent lunch and bottled water and it was covered. We didn't have additional drinks. The sand is super powdery and the water warm and calm. The entrance area is very nice and the staff are too. Changing rooms are decent.  My main complaint was that the beach chairs are very close together. It turned me off as soon as I saw it. Fortunately we were the only ship in port and the place wasn't very crowded.

There are quite a few venders trying to sell you jewelry and snorkel, turtle, jet ski type stuff. It gets a little annoying but I know they are just trying to make a living.

Thanks for information.  This is very helpful.   Quick question - did the Copacabana have a tarzan boat?   I saw it on their website but wanted to confirm it was still there. 

I'm not sure what a tarzan boat is. They had different boat tours for snorkeling. They had venders selling them. They had a large apparatus out in the water for people to climb on, slide down, and jump off of into the water from 2 heights. Some school aged boys were having fun on that.