Concierge class question

holomuku

Good day,  

We are booked into a Concierge class cabin on the Insignia on leaving Dec. 7th.  The paperwork says it includes a bottle of champagne in the room.  We are not champagne drinkers- does anyone know if this bottle can be "swapped out" for a bottle of wine?  Thanking you in advance.

That used to be the case.  Then they told us it wasn't!  But more recently I've seem some posts here that say you can.  If you had a butler you could ask HIM to handle it for you .... Without the butler, perhaps ask your cabin steward(ess) if you can make the change.

We were in Concierge cabins this year on the Sirena, Nautica and the Riviera and on each leg of our cruises, we were able to swap the Champaign bottle for either a bottle of red or white wine, depending on what we felt like at the time. We just mentioned it to our cabin steward on the first day and the wine was brought to us that evening. Usually the bottle of Champaign disappears first, then the bottle of wine is delivered later on around 8 pm or so.

Thank you for your responses.  I will check with our cabin steward to see what can be done...….I mean, we would hate to "waste" that amenity, right?  (nothing against champagne, just tends to give me a headache....)

There's another option, which may not appeal to me since you don't want to drink the champagne yourselves!

We typically don't drink the bottle ourselves -- we like champagne but more as an aperitif.  So we will take it in to dinner, share a table with another couple and share it with them.

Not much good to you if YOU aren't going to sample it (!) but it's an option.

Mura

Mura makes an excellent suggestion. Try the champagne with a meal. Champagne loves salt, so pairings such as Caesar Salad ( with the anchovies) or appetizers with prosciutto or lox are great with it. Also try with triple cream cheese and rich lobster dishes. Certain dishes will enhance the flavors and the bright acidity.

Do some deviled eggs with caviar on top! You’ll become a sparkling wine lover!

Edited by pinotlover