On Board VISAS for Vietnam

kej1

My husband and I will be going on the holiday cruise to Vietnam.  We normally do our own VISAS through a VISA expedite service at home in San Francisco. Per our documentation we can get our VISAS on board.  Has anyone done this?  Does it work well?  We are late as I've been traveling for work overseas and haven't been able to release my passport.   We can go to our service and have them back in 2 or 3 days or just do on board.  On board seems easier.  Any feedback? 

What country are you living in and please let us know how this works for you when you get back.

As a US citizen, VISAs are all over the place.  Australia ETFs can be done online and Cuban visas are automatically given to cruise ship passengers for $75 pp. My last trip to Rio still required my going to a Brazilian embassy in Miami and waiting 2 weeks to get it back in the mail.

Hi Kej

looks like we’ll both be spending the holidays on Seabourn - we’re headed off to Australia for the Sojourn cruise in a couple of days. 

As to Vietnam visas when we did the cruise to Vietnam on Seabourn a few years ago we just got our visas on board. The price seemed quite reasonable (sorry I don’t remember the cost) and it was so easy. Enjoy! 

We did this cruise on Sojourn  in 2014. and are on the Holiday cruise this year. 

As DCTraveler posted, it's very easy to do onboard. SB took our passports and dealt with the visas for us, it worked fine. SB charged about $50 USD each to do so which was considerably more expensive than doing it ourselves, but hassle free. We're doing the same thing this year.  (We're not US citizens but I believe procedure is the same for UK passport holders).

DCTraveler, we're all cruising on Ovation aren't we? 😀

Yes Singapore is a fabulous dining country!  I used to go there for business several times a year for many years so have a long list.  Let me know if you have questions!  So many good choices!  Looking forward to the trip!  Hope to meet you all on the cruise and thank you again for the feedback on the VISAS!